*Intro*

*Monster In Me*

 

 

~ Kaylee P.O.V ~

Our house was in total chaos and smell of burnt sage and incense. I was practically sobbing without trying to make much noise. I stood by the door of my parents’ room and was staring at the scene in front of me. I was wondering why mum had gone berserk. It happens for months now and each time it gets worsen. Every time I asked dad what was going on, he either keep his mouth shut and ignore me or he just gave a lame answer which does not make any sense at all. Suddenly mum was shrieking at the top of her lungs and that was the creepiest I have heard. I came closer to look at her. I caught a glimpse of her before dad push me out of the way. Mum was arching her back, both her arms were twisted and her legs were jammed as straight as though as it was a pole. I saw her eyes and what I saw makes me so afraid. Her eyes turn bloody red.  Dad was trying his very hard to hold her down. His face was cramp up and it seems he was using all the strength he got. Uncle Yoo was there with him and a few of his church friends. They were all try to make mum better. I saw uncle Yoo putting his hands on mum’s forehead and was chanting something that sound so ancient to me. Mum was still shrieking then it turns to a cynical laughter before everything went silence.

“Kaylee...” Suddenly mum called me and the sounds of her sweet and yet weak voice which I knew it was really her. I came forward and sat beside her. She now looks normal just that she had grown thinner by the day and her hair was nearly bald.

“Mummy.... “ I held her hand softly and caresses it.

“Kaylee... I just want you... to know that I love you.. And of course I love your daddy too...” She said in between her coughing and panting for air.

“Mum.. I love you too... just rest please...”Tears start to roll down my cheek as I knew what she will say next and even though I keep denying, deep in my heart I knew she is leaving me.

“If I am gone... Kaylee... go to your grandma.. stay with her... promise me you look after yourself and please Kaylee be safe and careful... “That was the last words she said to me before her hands fell out of mine and her eyes close.

“Mummy!! No!! Wake up mum!!!” I shook her now lifeless body trying my very best to wake her up.

“Kaylee hunny.... come here...” Dad pulled me close to him and brings me out of the room as uncle Yoo and the rest start praying I guess or I do not know exactly what they are doing.

The passing of my mum was such a bad memory of mine. From the day she starts having all those unusual symptoms to the day she held my hand for the last time will always be fresh in my mind. I sigh to myself thinking of what my life is going to be. I wrote the last sentence in my journal and tuck it away discreetly beside my bed.

“Kaylee~~ breakfast! Come down or you really going to be late!” Halmoni stern voice jolts me out from my thoughts.

“I’m coming halmoni!” I quickly grab my bag from the study table and rush downstairs and saw she was waiting for me to be seated.

“Sorry halmoni... “ I went over to her and hug her front behind. I gave her a light kiss on her old wrinkly cheek.

“Yah... you! Aissshh! You sure know how to make my heart melt don’t you?” She smacks my and pulls the chair asking me to seat next to her.

“Hehehehehe! Love you!” I said looking at her with my overly innocent face that I made.

“Eat up... you going to be late... Hibari called just now she said she will not be going to school....”Halmoni told me.

“Eh? How come she didn’t call my hand phone?” I was puzzled, it is not normal for Hibari to call our home number.

“Aigoo.... missy go check your phone.. How many times she tried calling you?”Halmoni nudge my head.

“Ouch! Halmoni~~” I pout as I check my phone and Hibari did called me, after trying for eight times she give up and text me the same thing she told Halmoni.

I tried calling her but she did not pick up. In the end I texted Yuzuyu and inform her to meet me at our usual place by the lamp post four houses away. After saying goodbye to Halmoni I went out to school. I walked along the sidewalk thinking of nothing much except that I was hoping there will be no spot test during Mr Lee Biology class. I am extremely weak on that particular subject. As I was busy in my own thought I turn to my right overlooking the opposite side and notice someone was standing still right near the post box and he seems to be glaring right at me. I tried to squint my eyes to see his face but it was very blurry. How hard I tried I just could not seems to see his face which was a little strange for me who had perfect eyesight. All I can make out was his clothes. He was wearing all black from his black leather jacket and to his black boots; he had his both hands in his pockets. The way he stands and just glaring at me like that send the chills down my spine. It was creepy. I fasten my pace hoping to reach our meeting place as soon as possible, I grab my phone in my pocket intending to at least called Yuzuyu to accompany me over the phone and as I turn behind to look at him, he was gone. I look around but there was no trace of him. I was wondering how the hell that man manages to disappear at a very fast rate.

At last I saw Yuzuyu standing and waving at me. I quicken my pace as I approach her.

“Hey Kay! What’s wrong? You look pale...” Yuzuyu touches the side of my cheek.

“I look pale? Aiiishh! Nevermind that! Yuz, just now on the way here I saw this guy, he looks so creepy. He was somehow staring.. I don’t know glaring maybe at me from across the street...” I explained to her while we walk side by side.

“Is he creepily hot or just totally plain creepy?” Yuzuyu jokingly said.

“Plain creepy! Yuz! It’s not funny!.. I felt the chills.. but it was strange that I could not see his face clearly...” I look over at Yuzuyu who suddenly became serious.

“You can’t see him? You have perfect eyesight...”Yuzuyu look at me and we both were getting more puzzled.

“I do hope that was just a normal stalker who find you too hot to resist! If it happens to be.... err.. Never mind!” She stops her sentence halfway.

“What? to be what?” I looked at her.

“Nothing! Let’s go or we will be late!” She grabs my hands and we walked quickly towards the school gate.