Best Friends

The Charm of a Goddess

Pairing | TabiSan

requested by myjoyce1986

 

 

The wind was crashing against Dara's face, but she kept walking anyways. She wasn't going to let the wind stop her from reaching her cabin. The rest can stay in the bonfire, but I'm so over it. Her fellow peers were gathered around a bonfire telling ghost stories. She was to have no part of it. What's the big fuss about it anyways? She was rambling in fear of silence while walking by herself.

 

“Why is the weather so bipolar?!” she exclaimed as she turned the door knob.

 

She shuddered as she entered her cabin. It was to shake off some of the residue she gathered while walking. Then she took off the beanie she was wearing and lied down on her bed without turning the lights on. A grunt was made as she landed on a not so flat bed. She yelled out of fear, making the person on the bed react by covering .

 

“It's just me,” it was a deep voice

 

“Tabi,” her voice was muffled.

 

Tabi would not stop covering Dara's mouth in fear of another yell that will come out of her, but she ended up biting his hand.

 

“Ouch!” Tabi held his hand

 

“What are you doing here?!” Dara exclaimed

 

“I just wanted to come here,” he moved away from her

 

“You're such a creep,”

 

“Why are you so moody?”

 

“See! This is why I don't know why you're here. You always bicker with me,”

 

“Only because you start it,” he stuck his tongue out at her

 

“Be honest,” Dara told him

 

“Can I stay here? Please,” Tabi's eyes softened

 

“Did something happen?” Dara calmed down as well

 

“She came,” he answered.

 

Dara's heart almost dropped at his answer. She hated hearing him talk about “her.” He didn't have to mention her name anymore, because Dara knew well who could change Tabi's mood in a second. Everybody knew that girl.

 

“It's been a year,” Dara told him as if he didn't knew.

 

Tabi felt like it was the longest year he had gone through. It has been one whole year since the drop dead gorgeous and queen of the campus, Lee Hyori broke up with him.

 

“It's not that easy,”

 

“You're in college, man. Grow some balls,” Dara rolled her eyes.

 

She was irritated. She tugged on her blanket, leaving none for Tabi.

 

“Always so mean,”

 

“Then stop coming to me when you have to whine about her,” Dara snapped

 

Tabi paused before responding. I come to you because I like hearing you tell me I am worth it.

 

“At least you don't pity me or give me that feeling that makes me feel worse,”

 

“Then why even call me mean?” she sighed.

 

She wrapped herself in the soft, brown blanket. Tabi inched closer to her and rested his head on her shoulder.

 

“You're the best best friend I could ever have,” he stated

 

“Right,” she mumbled.

 

I'm just the best friend, of course. Dara was the overlooked girl just because she didn't have a coca cola body and eye catchy chest. But she was a beauty all in her own. Every boy in the campus was just too busy idolizing the “perfect” Lee Hyori. I'm not the type of girl guys fall for. She sighed.

 

“Why are you so quiet?” Tabi asked

 

“I'm tired. I came here so that I can sleep,”

 

“I'm sorry,” Tabi got off her shoulder

 

“No, it's okay. I get it.”

 

Dara understood where Tabi was coming from. She also went through that phase, getting over someone you loved. Dara and Tabi were childhood friends, inseparable since birth. They even pass off as siblings to strangers. They were the top notchers in their respective classes, athletes, talented, etc. Yet their personalities were so different, but they clicked like yin and yang. Of course, they ended up being best friends. Tabi had been there when Dara was in a similar situation. Dara dated the university's football captain, Jay, during freshman year, only to find out it was only a game. She had been the laughing stock of the university.

 

“I'm sorry,” Tabi apologized

 

“For what?”

 

“If this brings painful memories.”

 

Truth be told, Tabi was in love with Dara way before Dara was. But Dara was too caught up with Jay to realize Tabi's feelings. Tabi comforted her during her time of need, but he found refuge in Lee Hyori.

 

“It's different. She actually loved you.”

 

Tabi didn't know how to respond. He had to search for his words, but failed.

 

“Hyori loved you. You loved Hyori. What you two had was real so I don't know why she ever broke up with you, I still don't get it. So I don't think she deserves to have you sulking over her,” continued Dara.

 

Tears started to form in Dara's eyes. Even though it was too dark for Tabi to see, he could feel the turn of events as Dara left his side. She stood up and leaned on the bed's ladder to the upper bunk.

 

“Dara.”

 

He sat at the edge of the bed and tried to find where Dara was. Finally he got a hold of her hand, and stood up. A bit of the moonlight entered the cabin through the window giving him guide to look at her. He caressed her right cheek where a tear had fallen.

 

“You still love him?”

 

Stupid boy, it's not him I'm crying about, she thought to herself.

 

Why do you still love him? Love me a little, won't you? Tabi was thinking, I don't need Hyori. I'm over Hyori, but she makes me feel incompetent when I see her. If I'm not worth it to be with her, then how can I ever be worth it to be with you?

 

“He isn't worth it either, you know. Hyori and Jay can go it or whatever term you like to use,” Tabi said

 

“You don't know how to badmouth anyone, do you?” Dara didn't want to confess so she just played along

 

“Don't cry anymore. I hate it when you cry,”

 

“Funny, ain't it? You came here because you were hurt but look at who's crying,” Dara faked a laugh.

 

Tabi said nothing but pulled Dara in an embrace. Someone was watching from outside, Lee Hyori. She let out a deep sigh and looked up, I knew it, her eyes were getting watery, From the start, he didn't love me. He only loved her.

 

“We should stop moping,”

 

“You're the one who started,” Dara slightly punched him.

 

As Dara punched Tabi, she caught a glimpse of Lee Hyori still looking at them. Lee Hyori was shocked and looked away, but didn't move from her position.

 

“What are you staring at?”

 

“Don't.”

 

As a reflex, Dara pulled Tabi into a kiss. With Dara's eyes shut close, Tabi eventually closed his eyes and followed Dara's flow. What was supposed to be just a smack ended up as a long, tender kiss between the two best friends. It was not until they were done that the two realized what they had just committed. They stared at each other for a long while, as if staring at each other could answer questions they wouldn't ask aloud. Dara broke the staring competition and was about to sit back down, casually ignoring what just happened, but Tabi was the one to pull her this time around. They kissed once more, but a longer, passionate one.  


Author's Note

Sorry it took me so long. I've been sick and as soon as I got better, I had to go to university to start enrolling for second semester. I am also running out of ideas. LULz. Thank you to the new subscribers and the comments! I appreciate it :)