Mr. Librarian

The Charm of a Goddess

Pairing | Song Joongki x Dara

Requested by yatkit15

 

 

      The ambiance of the newly built library was something Joongki appreciated greatly, which is one of the reasons why he applied as a part time librarian. Another reason is that he had a passion for reading. He could spend days at home with a well written novel. Others might have labeled him as strange or a nerd, but it didn't bother him at all. He wasn't going to change how he was for anyone. Or so he thought.

 

 

      Joongki didn't really remember every person that walked in the library. He would reason that it wasn't in his job description and he didn't take any interest in socializing. But he usually remembered them by the type of books they borrowed. However, there is one person that regularly visits the library but never borrows anything, not a book, not a magazine, not a newspaper, nothing. It bothered him a lot because she seemed to endlessly roam the library with a notebook in hand yet he's never seen her read anything from cover to cover. She would only take quick glances.

 

 

      One day, he noticed that she was seated in a corner by herself.

 

That's new. And she finally has a book!

 

His curiosity was driving him mad.

 

What type of books is she into? Took her long enough.

 

Seeing that there was no other person in the library, he decided he would make his way to her area. He looked around in the counter to find a book that needed to be put back in the fictional romance section. He also picked up other books to put back in their rightful places, making the fictional romance section his last destination so he wouldn't be obvious.

 

I feel like a major creeper. It's not like I'm stalking her. I'm just overly curious? Well, here goes.

 

 

      Dara kept stealing glances at the cute, resident librarian. She wasn't a bookworm but she enjoyed going to the library to enjoy the silence. It was her quiet place where she could write her thoughts in her diary /journal. It felt off for her though, because she spotted Joongki paying attention to her the other day, or rather shooting her weird looks.

 

It must be because I've never borrowed anything. He's probably thinking I'm a stalker of his. I need to look for a book.

 

Dara wandered around and picked a book based on its cover.

 

Eleanor & Park, looks cute, sounds cute.

 

Afterward, she sat at the chair-table set near the bookcase.

 

I need to pretend like I'm really into this book. It wouldn't hurt to actually read it though.

 

Later on, Dara became engulfed with the novel that she didn't notice that Joongki had circulated around her already and returned to the counter. Minutes reading became hours. Joongki had to approach Dara to inform her about the closing time.

 

“Excuse me miss but it's almost 7PM,” he told her

 

“I'm so sorry. I lost track of time,” she apologized

 

“It's okay, it looks like you really like that book,”

 

“Yeah, it's interesting,”

 

“Would you like to borrow it then since we're closing?”

 

“I don't have a library card though,” she shyly confessed

 

“It doesn't take that long to get one.”

 

Dara looked at her watch to see that it was already 6:59.

 

“It's already closing time. I'll just come for it tomorrow. I don't want to hold you longer,” she said

 

“If you say so.”

 

It was the first conversation the two ever shared.

 

“I'll hold the book for you, if you like,” offered Joongki

 

“That'd be great. Thank you,” she handed the book to him.

 

A smile unexpectedly crept on Dara's lips. She has a nice smile, Joongki thought. Dara followed Joongki to the counter, not wanting to be rude.

 

“You can leave, it's okay. I still have to fix up before I close the library,”

 

“Seeing that you're doing me a favor, I'll do you one too,”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Let me help. It's no big deal,”

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yeah, how hard could it be?”

 

Joongki gathered all the books that were left laying around and put them back to their proper places while Dara arranged the chairs since she wasn't acquainted with the book shelves.

 

 

      When they finished, Joongki couldn't help but feel a bit touched by Dara's gesture although she was only returning him a favor.

 

“Would you want to go get dinner, maybe?” he suddenly asked her when they were in front of the library

 

What did I just blurt out? He was panicking. Stupid mouth.

 

“I would love to,” she replied.

 

I hope I didn't sound too excited, Dara was thinking.

 

“Really?” his eyes widened

 

“Would you rather I say no?” she let out a giggle upon seeing his expression

 

“Just a bit shock,”

 

“It wouldn't hurt, right?”

 

“Right,” he smiled

 

“Lead the way, Mr. Librarian.”


 

Author's Note

This is super short and I am sorry but I really don't know Joongki and I don't know how to picture him. I've never watched him. I've only seen him in pictures with IU.