No Rights.

The Charm of a Goddess

Pairing | DaraHae

Requested by daragonapplernameit


The wind was whistling, the rainfall heavy, and a banging could be heard on the door. I knew who it was but I refused to open it.

 

“Dara, open up. Dara!” he yelled

 

“I'm begging you, open up,” he was sobbing.

 

Tears naturally rolled down my cheeks. He was hurting again because of me, but I knew I was doing what is best for him. Our relationship would damage his career. I couldn't have that. I stared at the door, curious. I should stay in my bedroom, but something was pulling me to the door. I leaned my ear against the door to listen if he had gone.

 

“Don't do this to me, Dara. Don't leave me like this. Let's talk about this.”


My heart ached more.

 

 

 

 

My hands were already hurting from banging on her door. Pride? I don't have any. I don't care if I seem pathetic or foolish. I didn't need pride, I needed her. I started to cry and sat down in front of her doorsteps. I didn't care if I was going to get caught in front of her home. Let them all know that there is something going on between us. I just can't lose her. Not like this. Not without a fight.

 

“Don't do this to me, Dara. Don't leave me like this. Let's talk about this.”

 

Still no reply came from her.

 

“I would choose you over anything, any day, you know that. I would choose you over my career. Why must you be so stubborn? Stop making decisions by yourself. Don't worry about ELF and blackjacks. We can take on the whole world, remember? Ugh. Dara, please. I love you, Dara.”

 

You would think she would reply or at least let me in, but nothing.

 

“I love you so much, Dara.”

 

 

 

 

I love you too.”

 

 

Nobody else but I could hear my heartbeat raise, but I felt like it was so loud that everyone in a 5 miles radius of me could hear it too. It was my first time seeing him after six months. We were bound to see each other one way or another. It's something I can't really avoid, being in the same industry. Plus, that's what these end of the year music shows are for. For idols to meet each other, interact even. Why did I have to be by myself the moment I see him? Where was Chaerin and them? I took a deep breath before continuing to walk. Is it just me or the corridor got smaller? Probably just me. Look at me, babbling. He was still far from me, and I tried not to make eye contact, but I kept taking glances.

 

Donghae still looks as handsome as ever, even if he lost weight. Is he too tired that he's lost that much weight? Is he not eating properly? I couldn't help but wonder. His hair is put up again, showing his forehead which I loved. Dara yah, you'll get caught staring! Snap out of it.

 

 

 

 

There she was, casually talking to a staff, looking like the goddess that she is. I hated myself for thinking of her that way, but oh, what a lie it would be if I didn't acknowledge her beauty. Her glow. She bowed to the staff which was a sign for me to look somewhere else.

 

In that brief moment, I laid eyes on her. Everything came rushing back to me. The way her lips used to feel against mine, how our hands perfectly fit, how her touch made me crave for more. I hated this. This is what I was trying to avoid for months. Her sight, our memories. Because that's what they all are. Memories. There was no chance for us. She made that clear.

 

 

 

 

As our distance shortened, my heartbeat ran faster. In no time, our shoulders brushed against each other and he didn't even give me a second look. I stopped walking and looked back at him who kept walking. I felt like my heart was on the floor and it got stomped on. But what right did I have to feel this way? It was me who gave him up. I gave us up. I had everything I could ask for and gave it up. Foolish, Dara. Look away, I told myself, but I couldn't. Will this be a first of the many that I see him walk away from me?

 

 

 

 

Thoughts were filling my head that I didn't realize how close Dara was to me. It wasn't until our shoulders touched that I realized it. I would have greeted her, but I doubt she would greet me back. She did give me the silent treatment as a sign of ending our relationship. What a cold woman you are, Dara. So cold. I never thought that was how we would end. But who am I kidding? I never thought there would be an end to us. I thought of forever with her. And in my dreams, Dara and I still have that chance in forever. I shouldn't even dream about it. She took those rights away from me.

 

 

I stopped my feet from continuing. I slowly turned and hoped she would also be doing the same.

 

 

 

Their eyes met and in that moment, Dara was tempted to run to Donghae's arms. She was tempted to run back to her happily ever after. She wanted to forget about their fans that they would end up hurting, but she couldn't. How could she be so selfish? She was doing the right thing, she reminded herself. The happiness of many over her happiness.

 

 

Donghae was surprised to catch Dara looking at him. He was rooted to his spot, in disbelief but at the same time, hope crept in his heart. He could see in her eyes the pain, and regret. He wanted to make it go away. He mentally smacked himself back to his senses. She took away those rights, Donghae. Don't forget it.

 


Author's Note

I was in an angsty mood so I did this first. Plus I know a lot of Royals have been asking for DaraHae.  Please comment and upvote :) Thank you.