Seasons of the Heart

The Charm of a Goddess

Dara x Kris Wu

genre - romance x angst

requested by pegase2311

 

- Spring -

 

I was enjoying my first day back in Korea. It had been years since I laid foot on the country where I first gained fame. Everything felt different as I walked the streets of Yeoiudo along the crowd as a mere citizen. It was “normal” but somehow refreshing, not having to worry about people constantly watching me. I inhaled deeply, enjoying the fresh air while looking at the cherry blossoms. Suddenly someone bumped into me from behind.

“I'm sorry,” she apologized

She has such a tiny frame. The lady sported a black cap and white mask to match with her plain white tee and black jeans underneath a light trench coat.

“It's okay,” I told her, “Be careful in this crowd.”

It was then that she locked eyes with me. Those eyes are familiar, I thought.

“Kris?” she spoke

“Yes?”

“It's me, Dara,” she whispered.

It hit me that I was face to face with Dara of 2NE1. Due to shock, my mouth instinctively opened. Before I could speak, someone bumped into Dara, landing her straight into my arms.

“Hey, watch where you're going,” I told the man while still hugging Dara

“Then don't stop in the middle of a busy sidewalk,” he shouted back

“That's true. I'm sorry again,” Dara shyly said

She removed herself from my embrace after.

“Let's go to the side,” I suggested, “Are you alone?”

“Yeah.”

There was a sadness in her voice and eyes. At that time, I just wanted to spend the day with her to cheer her up. I never knew that would be the start of it all.


 

- Summer - 

 

I remember the alarms I used to set every day during the summer after we met. The alarms would be loud but never enough to wake me up. Every time I was about to press the snooze button, Dara would stop me. One particular morning, I can never forget. She was jumping on the bed.

“Kris, wake up!” she yelled

“Dara,” I whined

“You promised we'd go to the beach before sunrise,” she sat on top of me

“You're hurting my side,” I told her before readjusting my body so she could sit on my stomach instead

“You promised,” she pouted

“Aw, don't give me that look,”

“Kris Wu, don't you dare back out on your word,” she crossed her arms

I pulled her and made her lie next to me to wrap my arms around her.

“Give me five more minutes,” I whispered in her ear

“If we miss the sunrise, we're staying the whole day at the beach so we can see the sunset,”

“What a baby.”

I kissed her neck to soothe her complaining but the little hairs on her neck stood up instead.

“Is someone feeling a little hot?” I teased

“Kris!” she squirmed in my arms

Before I knew it, my days began to be filled with only her.


 

- Fall - 

 

Fall was a season I wasn't sure I liked or not. There was something bittersweet about it that I couldn't put my finger on. The tone of it is warm with the hues of brown and orange you see, yet there's a certain loneliness to it. Dara liked it particularly.

I arrived at the front of our shared apartment one day, finding her sitting on the bench, kicking the dead leaves on the cement.

“Hey baby,” I kissed the top of her head.

She looked at me with the same eyes I saw the first time we met again that spring.

“What's wrong?”

I immediately sat next to her, my hands rested on top of hers.

“Kris,” her voice cracked

“Did something happen at work?”

She had been stressed due to the impending end of her contract with YG. No answer came out of her and I didn't want to force her. Like the many times before, I embraced her to comfort her. I could still feel the warmth of her body but she felt distant. She had been drowning herself in work. We hardly ever saw each other anymore but as long as I had her, I was satisfied. I should have noticed that moment what was soon to come.


 

- Winter -

 

Winter was always my favorite season deep down. Sure it was cold and it made you want to stay at home with a heater in front of you, but winter is when Christmas happens. For me, winter is supposed to be the time of the year when you feel the warmth of love from friends and family. But Dara had other plans in mind.

 

She was staring off into space again, or into the fireplace rather, with a mug of hot cocoa at hand.

“Kris,” she said my name so softly I hardly heard her even though I was cuddled next to her

“Yes?” I replied

“Let's break up,” she said so casually, “I'm leaving Korea,”

“What?” I sat up

“I can't be here anymore.”

I looked at her in disbelief.

“Why not?”

“I'm suffocating,”

“From what?! Me?” I raised my voice

“It's not you,” she placed the mug on the coffee table before facing me

“I stayed here for you,”

“I didn't ask you to,”

“But I did,”

“Kris,”

“Dara, what the here is going on? I don't deserve this,”

Tears began to roll down her face. I hated how she still looked so beautiful even when we were fighting.

“I'm finally giving up,” she began, “I've worked so hard for more than a decade but my efforts have been futile. YG doesn't care about me or my career. I've finally realized that,”

“Dara, that has nothing to do with our relationship. I understand if you leave for a vacation but to end our relationship too?”

“I'm completely broken, Kris,”

“And I'm here to fix you,”

“No. You can't fix me!” she yelled, “I can't keep relying on someone else. I love you, Kris. I do. So much that it hurts but I can't be with you when I'm like this. I need to be able to stand on my own. Do you understand? I need to grow,”

“You can do that with me, Dara,”

“I know you, Kris. You baby me so much,”

“Dara, please, no, don't do this.”

Tears escaped my eyes and my lips trembled. What kind of nightmare was this? I remember asking myself. Just like how the seasons changed, my heart did too. From the fresh beginning of spring to the heat of summer to the calm fall and to the winter breeze, our relationship unfolded the same.

 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

I am absolutely sorry for the TWO YEARS delay. I knew I was forgetting something before I went completely inactive. When I first announced I would be closing this collection, it was because of how busy university life was. THEN...So many things happened. It has been such a rollercoaster. I wasn't all that sad during the two years of inactivity but I'm currently in a difficult, unhappy place right now in my life. Possibly the most difficult year of my life.... so I recently got back on here to reread stories to cheer myself up and decided to read some of my own when I saw I had an unfinished request. THE LAST REQUEST, AH.  I am truly sorry for it.