Let Her Go

The Charm of a Goddess

OT3 - Dara Park / Kim Jaejoong / Kwon Jiyong

Requested by babybubut


Jiyong finally has a chance with Dara. How long has it been since he had his eyes on her? Even before she was an official YG trainee. He saw her first. He fell for her first yet another man got to her before him. He held it against TOP for awhile for introducing the handsome Kim Jaejoong to Dara, but he realized TOP had nothing to do with the two's relationship.

“You need to move now before you go blaming someone else that he got to her first,” TOP smacked Jiyong's back

“I was getting there but you had to introduce your flower boy friend to her,”

“As if you're not a flower boy,” snickered the mischievous Seungri

“Shut up. You're not a part of this conversation,”

“How am I not? You're talking about it in the living room where all five members are in right now,” Seungri said

“Be quiet. Let them talk it out,” Taeyang told the youngest

“Fine,”

“So what are you going to do?” asked TOP

“Isn't it kind of rude to make a move on her when she's still vulnerable?”

“Jiyong. It's not like you just started to like her. Your feelings for her are solid. It's not you wanting to take advantage of her. It's you wanting to show her that you've been there for her all along and you still are,” Daesung voiced out

“Well said,” TOP nodded in agreement

“How come he gets to talk?” Seungri complained

“Because he says stuff that makes sense,” answered Taeyang

“You guys really think it's okay?”

“It's okay,” the four chorused.

Jiyong's been patient this whole time. He's decided to let Dara know his feelings are solid and it's never going to change.

 

 

Dara stayed put in the living room's long couch.

“He left me,” she said aloud to no one.

Dara trusted Jaejoong would never leave or hurt her. She thought he understood her job. He was also in the same field.

“How could Kim Jaejoong be the jealous type? It doesn't even make sense.”

Dara was still trying to grasp the idea that Jaejoong broke up with her for the mere fact that she has too many close guy friends in the industry. It kept her awake at night wondering if she ever crossed a line she wasn't suppose to with any of her friends. Did she seem easy in Jaejoong's eyes? Or was it just a lie of an excuse for him to leave her? She had done her very best for him throughout the years. Chaerin even told her she should receive the best girlfriend award and that any man would be envious. Yet there Dara was, alone in their dorm, contemplating about what she did wrong.

“I loved him with a love that I thought I wasn't capable of,” she sat up, tears finally rolling down her cheeks, “Why is this happening to me again? Why do I always choose to love someone that hurts me? What kind of punishment is this?”

Dara heard her door open making her alarmed. Chaerin was out of the country again and Bom was with her family for the weekend.

“Who is it?” She stood up

“Hi.”

Dara wiped her tears away as the man she loved stood before her. As much as she loved him, she still felt pain. She felt wronged.

“Why are you here?”

“Dara, forgive me,” Jaejoong apologized

“Why?”

Last time Dara saw Jaejoong, he was so sure of his decision to break up with her. It didn't make sense for him to come back. It wasn't in his personality.

“I love you,” he said as he took a step closer to Dara

“How do I believe that after what you did to me?”

“I need you,”

“Do you need me because you love me or the other way around?”

Dara might still have feelings left for Jaejoong but she also had pride.

“Why can't you answer me right away?”

“I love you. Isn't that enough?”

“No. Because you only love me because you need me,”

“Dara,” he tried to reach for her hands

“No. You can't do this to me,” she paused, “You can't only want me to be yours when you need me. When you need someone to boost your mood. Then disregard me when everything is running smoothly in your life. You can't do that to me Jaejoong. You can't only want me when you're in your darkest hours. I.... I don't mind it that you find me as your light in those times. But Jaejoong, when everything is good for you, where am I in your heart?”

“You're in my heart still,”

“That's not true. Do you know that I wanted to share every moment of my life with you? I wanted us to multiply the happiness and divide the sadness together. But I could only share with you my happiness, not my sadness while, you,” she looked into his eyes looking for some guilt, “You only shared with me your sadness. You never shared with me your happiness. Why was that so hard to do?”

Dara knew Jaejoong could not understand the words she were saying. She couldn't reach his heart anymore. He wasn't always this way and she hates herself that she couldn't prevent him from undoing himself. He became cold due to the industry they were in. This was their dream, their passion but it became his undoing.

“What are you doing here?” it was Jiyong, “You don't have any right to be here.”

Jiyong marched to Jaejoong and grabbed him by his collar.

“Don't you dare hurt Dara gain.”

Jaejoong remained quiet which broke Dara's hurt more.

“You... you can't even lie about not breaking my heart again,” she huffed

Jaejoong knew that every word Dara uttered were true but he didn't want to accept any of it. He wanted to go back to the start, when he was himself and treated her well. But he was in too deep. The corruption of the industry, the hate he received, he let it eat him alive. He wasn't sure anymore if he still loved Dara the way he did before. He wasn't even sure if it was still love.

“Let him go,” Dara begged Jiyong, “He's not worth it.”

Jiyong unclenched his fists and pushed Jaejoong towards the door.

“Let her go, Jaejoong. I beg of you,”

Jaejoong left immediately. He was horrible dealing with situations like this.

 

 

Dara was sitting on the couch, dazed by what had just happened.

“Don't go back back to him, Dee,” Jiyong was on his knees in front of her, “I'm begging you now.”

Dara looked at the younger man in front of her. She hadn't noticed when he got on his knees.

“What are you doing, Ji?”

“Please, don't.”

You could hear the desperation in his voice.

“I'm not going to,” she replied.

She wasn't sure of what was going on in Jiyong's mind.

“I love you, Dee. Don't you know that?” his hands were now resting on top of her knees as he looked at the floor, “Did I not get my feelings across after all this time?” he stared straight into her eyes

His eyes were starting to form tears.

“I can accept you being with another man. I can. But only if he treats you well,” he continued

“Ji,” she wasn't sure of how to respond

“I can accept it, but I can't accept losing you to a man like Jaejoong,” he almost squeezed her knees but he clenched his fists again

“Ji, please stand up,” she cupped his face.

How did I not sense this at all? I was too much of a fool for Kim Jaejoong, thought Dara.

“Dee, please. Give me a chance. I know you're still healing but I've waited so long. Please,” he held her hands, still kneeling

“Ji, I don't want you to get hurt. You're special to me,”

“I know I should feel happy about hearing you say I am special to you, but Dee, I want this. I want to try. Won't you allow me to be honest with my feelings?”

“Oh, Kwon Jiyong. You really are a hopeless romantic,” she let go of him

“Well,”

“Yes, only if you stand up,” she told him.

Jiyong quickly stood up and gently pulled her to stand too so he could embrace her.

“You won't regret this, Sandara Park.”