Comforter

The Charm of a Goddess

Pairing | Mino x Dara

Requested by jmgirl

 

 

In Mino's memory, it was supposed to be him and Dara that are compatible with each other. She is suppose to be HIS good luck charm. That's what the tarot card reading said. He didn't usually believe in things like those, but it wouldn't hurt him if he did was what he thought. From that day on, he made an effort to strengthen his friendship with Dara. Eventually, he forgot that he was doing it because of the reading. He enjoyed being around the fragile noona. He loved cracking jokes and doing aegyo just to hear her laugh. Day by day, he grew to love her.

 

 

Mino was at the dorm, using the laptop to search online about Winner. Twitter was his favorite to go on to because the tweets he would read on there amused him.

 

“Yah, are you searching ?” Taehyun was behind him

 

“Only you would think that,” Mino replied

 

“Sure, so what are you doing?”

 

“I'm searching for us on twitter,”

 

“Why twitter? Shouldn't you be on naver instead?”

 

“Naver is boring,”

 

“What's so fun about twitter?” Taehyun crouched down

 

“Our fans are witty,” Mino grinned

 

“Type my name too,” commanded Taehyun

 

“Not even a please,”

 

“Fine, please.”

 

Mino did as Taehyun ordered him too, but he was not pleased with what he saw. Besides the usual fans tweeting about how much of a diva Taehyun is, there were several tweets about “NamDara.”

 

“You guys, look, Dara noona and I are a hit!” Taehyun called the rest

 

The other three came to check what Taehyun was making a fuss about and read the fans tweets.

 

“NamDara! My heart.”

 

“They are so cute together. NamDara,”

 

“A goddess and a diva, perfect,”

 

“More NamDara!”

 

“I ship NamDara, but what happened to MinoDara?”

 

“MinoDara is gone, NamDara is obviously the in thing,” Taehyun said

 

“Hey,” wrinkles were forming on Mino's forehead

 

“Well I'm just saying,” Taehyun stood up

 

If Dara noona and I had more pictures, they would be talking about us too.

 

“There's also Dara x Winner tweets, Mino. Plus Dara noona is supportive of all of us. She isn't biased,” Jinwoo comforted Mino.

 

Mino kept quiet and went to his room where he left his cellphone. He grabbed it and left the dorm without saying a word. When he was frustrated, he always went to the YG building in the rooftop. It was his special place.

 

 

 

When Mino opened the door to the rooftop, he saw Dara standing near the edge of the building with her arms open as if she was going to dive. He quietly walked to where she was and pulled her towards him. He hugged her tightly.

 

“Mino,” she had been crying

 

“Noona, are you crazy?!”

 

He was now holding her arms and shaking her.

 

“Mino, you're hurting me,” she informed him

 

“I'm sorry,” he loosened his grip, “but I'm not letting you go.”

 

Dara remained quiet while Mino had a thousand questions on his mind. He took another look at her and pulled her into another embrace. Dara broke into tears again.

 

“Stop crying, noona,” he caressed her hair

 

“After this,” she clung to his t-shirt

 

After a couple of minutes, Dara gained her calmness back. The two sat down on the floor.

 

“Don't tell anyone,” Dara told Mino

 

“I won't, but don't ever do that again,”

 

“I won't,” she hugged her knees and rested her chin on it

 

“What's wrong, noona?”

 

“Do you think 2NE1 will be able to perform soon?”

 

He knew what she meant. Due to the Korean netizens scrutiny against Bom, the whole group's activities were affected. Dara was in agony for Bom. Mino listened to Dara for hours before, venting how she wanted to protect Bom from all the hurtful comments.

 

“They will,”

 

“I'm envious of Chaerin-ah. I usually adore her, but right now, I envy her because--”

 

“You don't have to explain anything to me, noona. I understand,”

 

“I still love her to bits and pieces. I just, I just want all four of us together like before. It sounds selfish,”

 

“No, it isn't. You want your group to stay united, not torn, that's not selfish.”

 

Dara closed her eyes and took a breather.

 

“I have faith in Chaerin as our leader. It's --”

 

“You don't have to say it, I know who. Winner gets mistreated too,”

 

“I feel like quitting, you know, but the blackjacks' hearts would be torn,”

 

“Mine would be too.”

 

Dara looked at Mino then. She tilted her head and observed his facial features.

 

“I don't know what it is, but I receive so much comfort in just looking at you,” confessed Dara

 

“Is it because you find me attractive, noona?” he joked

 

“Aigoo,” she looked straight again, towards the sunset

 

He was still staring at her though. She's so fragile and vulnerable.

 

“Don't think too much. In due time, everything will fall back into place. It'll be even better,”

 

“Thank you, Mino,” she smiled at him

 

“No need for that,” he wrinkled his nose

 

“I'm so glad I have you.”

 

She stared straight into Mino's eyes when she said that. I'm so glad I have you. Mino never thought he would ever hear those words come out of Dara. He had forgotten how jealous he was of Taehyun minutes ago. It was completely erased from his mind, because at times when Dara needed someone, it was him that was there not Taehyun. He was her comforter and he took delight in it. He never expected much from it. A “thank you” would have sufficed. Instead, she had to go melt his heart.

 

 

AUTHOR'S NOTE

*This might be a bit touchy. I understand a lot of Blackjacks are mad right now, due to the announcement that 2NE1 will not attend the end of the year shows, but they will attend SIA in which only CL is a nominee and not 2NE1 as a whole. Please do not hate on Chaerin. Chaerin is NOT leaving 2NE1. I don't understand why people are jumping to that conclusion and judging that she is a bad leader. We are suppose to be a fandom that loves all four girls. Every single one. You can't be a blackjack if you don't.  I understand the frustration, but the hate, I do not. I will not tolerate hate.

*Anyways, this is my first attempt at a Mino x Dara fanfic. Tbqh, Mino x Dara was my fave Dara x Winner member OTP until NamDara stole that spot. Hope you guys enjoy! Sorry if I am not updating as fast. Since I am on sembreak , I only read books, type fics, watch movies/series, and so on. So my eyes are kind of tired from staring at screens so I have to limit it.