Best Birthday

The Charm of a Goddess

Pairing | YoonDara

 

The short hand of the clock just twelve midnight. Seungyoon was turning another year older. It seemed like only yesterday when he turned 23, and now he was turning 24. The birthday boy was quietly sleeping when s entered his room.

 

“HAPPY BIRTHDAY KANG SEUNGYOON!” They yelled on the top of their lungs to wake him up.

 

Their yelling was accompanied by pots banging, and confetti being thrown around by Mino and Seunghoon.

 

The leader was startled that he fell of his bed causing the boys to laugh at him.

 

“Pabo,” Taehyun pointed at him

 

“Yah, it's his birthday,” Jinwoo elbowed him

 

“You guys sure know how to do a greeting,” Seungyoon clapped his hands

 

“Happy birthday!” Mino yelled again and hugged him

 

“Group hug!” Seunghoon exclaimed, pulling the other members in.

 

The five boys were all in a hug and began to jump around in that position.

 

“Party, party, party,” the boys excluding Seungyoon chanted

 

“Party? What party?” Seungyoon stopped jumping

 

“Oh, we won't have one?” Seunghoon pulled out of the embrace, as well as the rest

 

“I can only treat you guys out to a meal,” Seungyoon replied

 

“Good enough,” Mino did a fist bump in the air

 

“Meat!” Taehyun became excited

 

Seungyoon shook his head in amusement at s. This was his second family and he loved it. He never thought he would love being in a group so much since he started out as a soloist.

 

“Now, let's go back to sleep,” Jinwoo said as he yawned

 

The four boys were about to retreat when Seungyoon grabbed Mino.

 

“Yah, you guys woke me up. How am I suppose to sleep now?”

 

“Listen to music,” suggested Mino

 

“More specifically, listen to Dara noona singing,” winked Seunghoon which earned him a glare from the other three, and caused Seungyoon to blush

 

“I don't even have the energy to fight about that right now. Let's just all go to sleep now and fight about it later,” said Taehyun.

 

Seungyoon chuckled at the thought of Taehyun putting a fight to later since he was tired.

 

“Alright. You sleepy head go back to sleep. I'll watch some tv,”

 

“Don't watch , or else,” warned Mino

 

“Yah, I don't watch ,” Seungyoon defended

 

“Goodnight,” the four boys said simultaneously.

 

Even though Seungyoon lost his sleepiness, he was happy thanks to the members' small gesture. It was enough for him.

 

 

Seungyoon walked to the living room and comfortably lied down on the couch as he clicked on the power button on the TV remote. It was in the usb setting, named For Dumpling.

 

“What were those boys watching? And what kind of name is For Dumpling?” Seungyoon's curiosity was perked.

 

He selected the video folder only to find two files in it.

 

“They sure know how to name files,” he lightly chuckled.

 

The file names were “Click This!” and “This too.” Seungyoon first selected “Click This!” The screen turned black and an old cinema like countdown began with the number 10. Seungyoon patiently waited for the ten seconds to pass. When the countdown was over, the lights in the living room turned off. Seungyoon was shocked and looked around. A hint of light was coming from the members' room.

 

“What is going on?” Seungyoon spoke

 

A slideshow of pictures and video clips of Winner was playing in the tv screen with the birthday song playing but it wasn't an ordinary birthday song. It was Winner's own version. The boys reappeared in the living room with a birthday cake that had the “24” candles on it.

 

“You guys are tricky,” laughed Seungyoon.

 

He felt a lump in his throat. He didn't want to cry but he felt extremely touched.

 

“You didn't think that was all we had prepared for your birthday, did you?” a smirk was on Taehyun's lips

 

Seungyoon had no words as the boys neared him, encouraging him to blow the candles. Seungyoon closed his eyes and wished. I am more than thankful. I don't want to be greedy, but it would be great to also have Dara noona here. While Seungyoon had his eyes closed, Seunghoon clicked on the next video to play. Seungyoon's mood became sour hearing a man's voice counting down.

 

“Yah. Why would you get Kiyong to do that?” Seungyoon shot Taehyun a look

 

“Why do you assume it was my suggestion?” Taehyun feigned hurt

 

“It was him,” Jinwoo confirmed

 

“Yah,” Taehyun elbowed Jinwoo

 

“Just watch,” Mino grinned like the Cheshire cat.

 

Seungyoon inhaled and exhaled before looking at the screen. He had nothing against Kiyong but he still felt jealousy thinking back to We Broke Up days. Add the fact that Kiyong and his Dara noona still hang out from time to time.

 

“Happy Birthday, Seungyoon!” it was the whole We Broke Up cast and staff minus Dara

 

“We wish you all the best in your career, health and love life!” they chorused

 

“Does he really wish me well in my love life?” mumbled Seungyoon

 

“Let's celebrate your birthday together too,” Beomkyu said

 

“We miss you!” Hyoni claimed

 

“Let's meet up with Dara,” added Kiyong

 

“He doesn't even say noona,” Seungyoon was whining all by himself, forgetting his surrounding

 

“To our precious, Kang Seungyoon. Happy Birthday!”

 

Seungyoon blinked a couple of times, in disbelief. That was not from the video. Definitely not. It was Dara's voice that he clearly heard. He looked around at the room to find Mino by the doorway. The petite lady was behind him and lightly peeked at Seungyoon before waving at him.

 

“Happy Birthday!” Dara repeated and fully stepped away from Mino

 

“Noona,” whispered Seungyoon

 

“The things we do for you,” Taehyun sounded a tad bit bitter

 

Dara was wearing the scarf he had given her for her birthday. He was too entranced by her presence that he did not recognize she was holding a present box for him.

 

“You're getting older,” Dara teased as she presented the box to him

 

“Catching up with you,” Seungyoon managed to say

 

“Oh, what a flirt,” Jinwoo said under his breath

 

“Sly,” replied Dara, “Open it,” she urged him

 

“You didn't have to, noona. Thank you so much,”

 

“But I wanted to,” she handed him the gift.

 

Seungyoon's eyes sparkled and thought of treasuring her gift for the rest of his life. He didn't even care what it could possibly be as long as it was from Dara. He carefully unwrapped the box and found a scarf inside with his initials stitched near one end of it.

 

“I made it myself,” Dara proudly stated.

 

The four boys became envious of their leader after hearing her statement.

 

“Noona,” was all Seungyoon could say.

 

However he did manage to wrap his arms around her.

 

“This is my best birthday yet,” he told her

 

“I'm glad I could be a part of it.”