Triangle

The Charm of a Goddess

Jiyong sat in disbelief after receiving news from Teddy that he was next to cover one of Winner's new songs. Was fate playing tricks with his heart? Jiyong let out a long sigh as he lied down on the black couch in the recording room.

 

“I guess I can't escape this,” he said aloud.

 

He could hear his own heart thumping in the silent room. His cellular device then vibrated. He reached for it and found shocking news.

 

“What?” he exclaimed, “Now this is just cruel.”

 

He sat back up and rested his elbows on his thighs with his head down.

 

“I'm not ready,” he mumbled.

 

Due to being lost in his own thoughts, Jiyong didn't hear the sound of the doorknob being unlocked.

 

“I'm sorry,” Chaerin spoke making Jiyong jerk up.

 

She felt the awkwardness between them. Yet she couldn't help but feel sympathy for the man in front of her. He was starting to age. The bags under his eyes clearly showed, and the wrinkles on his forehead were starting to form. Despite his frustrated look, Chaerin still found him handsome.

 

“How do you do that?” she asked

 

“What'd I do now?”

 

“Look good even in disheveled hair,” she tried cheering him up

 

“Thanks,” he lightly smiled

 

“I'm guessing you got the news,” she sat next to him

 

“YG is a clueless man,” he shook his head

 

“And you are a kind one,” she put her hand on his shoulder.

 

Jiyong was torn apart after discovering Dara and Mino's relationship. He was even ready to expose them to their president but decided not to. Now, he was paying the price.

 

“How could he put me and Dara in the same project?”

 

“Because he is a clueless man,”

 

“This is just my luck,” he slouched, “I'm going to have to see both of them so much,”

 

“At least not together?”

 

Before Jiyong could continue, another figure showed up by the doorway.

 

 

Song Minho stood quietly at the doorway, looking at the two leaders. He was not expecting either of them to be present in the recording room. To his knowledge, both groups were on a break. Is it possible they're covering our song? He thought.

 

“Oh, Mino, why are you here?” Chaerin noticed him

 

“I forgot something,” he answered

 

“What is it?” she asked

 

“It's hard to describe,” he scratched the back of his head

 

“Well at least try so we can help you,” she told him.

 

Jiyong didn't know if he should speak or not. The two men barely talked to each other anymore.

 

“I left it there at the couch,” Mino pointed.

 

Jiyong and Chaerin stood up to check if there was any item that got sat on. When Jiyong stood, a black and white striped item fell.

 

“That's it,” Mino went close to it, but Jiyong picked it up

 

“What's this?” Jiyong held it up

 

“It's like a robber's mask,” laughed Chaerin

 

“Hey, it's not. It's comfortable! And good to wear on winter,” Mino defended

 

“Here you go,” Jiyong handed it to him

 

“Thank you, hyung,” Mino bowed to him, “I'll be going now,” he bowed again.

 

Mino exited the room and slowly closed the door. Before the door could close fully, he heard Chaerin say something.

 

“See, that wasn't so bad. You and Dara will be fine too.”

 

It hit Mino that Seunghoon informed him earlier about Dara and Jiyong being the new endorsers of YG's makeup products.

 

“This isn't good,” he muttered.

 

Dara was currently mad at him for using tongue in one of his kissing scenes in Winner's teasers. He doesn't believe Dara would do such a thing as get back at him, but Mino could already feel jealousy creep up his body.

 

**

 

Dara stretched her arms while lying down on her bed. It had been a tiring, but productive week for her. She had almost forgotten entirely about Mino and their petty fight. However, Taehyun just had to call her.

 

“Noona,” he greeted her

 

“Yes, Taehyun?”

 

“Come visit us,” he told her

 

“I'm kind of tired, Taehyun,”

 

“Please, noona. I know you and Mino hyung are fighting but please come,” she could imagine Taehyun's eyebrows furrowing

 

“Yah, this brat,”

 

“Come visit and make him jealous,” he teased, “Say you came to visit me and not him,” he snickered

 

“Yah, I'm not like that! And you shouldn't be saying things like that,” she scolded him

 

“I'm just kidding, noona. Please come. He's being a grumpy old man,”

 

“Please,” she heard Seungyoon in the background pleading, “Who knows what he'll do next? What if he does more kissing scenes, noona?! Do you want that?!”

 

“YAH!” Dara yelled, “Stop it,” she frowned

 

“Sorry,” Seungyoon apologized, “Just come please,”

 

“These kids,” she hung up on them.

 

She might still feel a tad bit jealous from the past kissing scene, but she terribly missed her significant other. Even if Taehyun didn't call, she already had plans of visiting Mino. She knows she needs to give him a reassuring talk about her working with Jiyong.

 

 

 

Mino's focus during work is usually admirable however the thought of Jiyong and Dara working together was filling his mind. He should know better. He knows Dara loves him yet his insecurities would not completely vanish. Who does not see Kwon Jiyong as a threat?

 

“Yah, you need to focus,” Seunghoon gave him a squeeze on the shoulder

 

“I know,” Mino sighed.

 

He rested his elbows on his thighs, his eyes straight on the concrete floor.

 

“What do I do?” he muttered and closed his eyes in frustration.

 

Seunghoon patted him at the back before leaving him alone to his thoughts. Mino sighed once more. I wish she was here, he thought. When Mino opened his eyes, he saw a pair of simple white sneakers. He knows whose feet he was staring at. It doesn't matter if it was covered. He just knows. How could he not know? He knows his girlfriend more than anyone in the world.

 

 

 

The moment their eyes met, sparks flew everywhere. It was as if they were laying eyes on each other for the first time. A smile formed on both of their lips.

 

“Hey,” Dara softly greeted him

 

“Hey,” he said back at her

 

“Can we talk somewhere private?”

 

“Of course.”

 

Mino quickly stood up to follow Dara. It was quiet between them despite the undeniable spark earlier. He wasn't sure if he was allowed to hold her hands because last time they were together, she yelled at him “Don't touch me.”

 

“Where's my clingy Song Minho?” Dara asked when they entered his dressing room

 

“I don't want to disrespect you in any way, Dara,”

 

“That's one of the reasons why I love you,” she stated

 

“But it is killing me,” he admitted

 

Dara reached for Mino's hands herself.

 

“I'm sorry for being a jealous girlfriend,” she apologized

 

“Babe, don't be sorry. I should be sorry,” he pulled her close to him into an embrace.

 

He caressed her hair and kissed the top of her head.

 

“Plus it's a first. You being jealous instead of the usual jealous me,” he tried to joke

 

“Yah,” she slightly pushed him away and looked up at him

 

“It makes me feel your love more actually. And you're cute when you're jealous. It's just scary when it lasts for days,” he laughed

 

“I'm sorry again,” she frowned

 

“Don't frown, babe. I don't like it when you frown,” he cupped her face before pinching her cheeks ever so lightly, putting a smile on her face

 

“I love you,” she told him

 

“I love you too. Not just to the moon and back but to the farthest galaxy and back,” he told her

 

“Silly,” she giggled

 

“It's true. I don't know what I'd do without you,” Mino's tone of voice changed.

 

Dara's eyebrows furrowed. She knew well where this conversation was going.

 

“Let's sit,” she said.

 

Mino's heart was beating quickly. Why'd I have to say that? Our mood was going so well. Dara noticed Mino talking to himself in his head.

 

“Stop thinking too much.”

 

To Mino's surprise and delight, Dara wrapped her arms around his abdomen area and her head on his shoulder. He placed his hand on top of hers and let his head slightly rest on hers.

 

“I know what's bothering you. Nothing will happen. Nothing's ever going to happen between me and him. It doesn't matter to me if people think we are compatible. It doesn't matter to me if he is considered above you. In my heart, in every inch, centimeter of my body, it only knows you. It only knows Song Minho.”

 

 

 

Jiyong stopped on his tracks. He saw the figure of the woman he still loved dearly. He knows it is bad to eavesdrop but his body never listened to his mind.

 

“Let's sit,” he heard her say

 

The couple's backs were facing him.

 

“Stop thinking too much,” she continued, “I know what's bothering you. Nothing will happen. Nothing's ever going to happen between me and him. It doesn't matter to me if people think we are compatible. It doesn't matter to me if he is considered above you. In my heart, in every inch, centimeter of my body, it only knows you. It only knows Song Minho.”

 

He should have looked away then. He should have stopped listening but he was frozen. Mino moved in for a kiss. Jiyong's chest tightened. I knew I lost her long ago. It was my fault, but why does it feel like my heart's always being torn for the first time? Why do I feel like it's still my first heartache? The next thing he knew, tears were running down his face and the man that he envied so much was looking straight at him.