All My Life

The Charm of a Goddess

2NE1 OT4 + Darahae

 

 

Dara could not contain the excitement she was feeling inside. Today was finally the day, the day that she thought would never come. She stared at herself through the vintage, oval mirror in front of her.

 

“Nervous?” a pair of hands rested on both sides of her shoulders.

 

She looked at the person through the mirror and gave a slight nod.

 

“But happy,” said Dara

 

“You should be,” Chaerin averted her eyes to Dara's hair and began to comb it, “I knew you would always be the first one out of the four of us,”

 

“How?” asked Dara

 

“I knew it the moment I found out about you and Donghae,”

 

“I'm sorry I hid it at first, and only told Bom,”

 

“I understand why you did,”

 

“Chaerin,” Dara turned to face her once leader

 

“Please don't give me that sympathetic look. You and Bom related to each other more. I, I was too focused on my career to notice you wanted more than a successful career,”

 

“I didn't hide it because I thought you wouldn't understand,” Dara held Chaerin's hands

 

“But I didn't understand. Bom even had to slap sense into me. I served as an obstacle for you two lovers,”

 

“Chaerin, I understood you. I still do,”

 

“I don't deserve to be your bridesmaid,” Chaerin was getting teary eyed

 

“Don't cry!” Dara stood up to hug her, “You're one of my best friends, Chaerin. I love you. You deserve to be one of my bridesmaid.”

 

Bom slowly opened the door with Minzy behind her.

 

“What a sight!” exclaimed Bom

 

“So touching,” smiled Minzy

 

“Here I thought you were talking about me,” joked Dara as she did a 360 degree turn

 

“Aigoo, don't gloat just because you're the bride,” Bom jokingly hit Dara with her small fan

 

“This is embarrassing,” Chaerin wiped her tears away

 

“No, this is beautiful,” Minzy corrected her.

 

The four looked at each other before holding each others hands, forming a circle.

 

“I'm glad to have you girls by my side in this special day of my life,”

 

“We're honored to be here,” Chaerin told her, “To be present the day Lee Donghae and Park Sandara join hands in marriage,”

 

“A spectacular event in K-Pop history when you think about it. Two huge artists from rival companies to wed!” Bom squealed

 

“Now, I feel like crying,” laughed Minzy

 

“Let's save it for later at the reception,” winked Dara.

 

The four formed a group hug and closed their eyes as they did so.

 

“Nolza?” Chaerin asked

 

“Nolza,” the three replied.

 

A knock was made on the door.

 

“You girls ready?” it was Heechul

 

“Ready!” the girls said simultaneously

 

“I'm coming in,” he let them know.

 

Heechul's lips slightly parted after seeing the beautiful ladies.

 

“Donghae's not the only one for a treat today,” he smirked

 

“Yah, don't tease,” blushed Bom

 

“I'm not. All of you look beautiful. Especially Dara, of course,” he gave her a thumbs up, “Shall we go? I think Donghae's getting more jittery the longer he waits,”

 

“Well he did wait for unnie for two decades,” pointed out Minzy

 

“A hell long of a waiting,” Heechul shook his head, “But I know Donghae knows you're worth the wait. He would wait forever for you if he needed to,”

 

“Donghae really is something,” stated Chaerin

 

“Let's go?” Heechul held the door open for them

 

The girls formed a line behind Heechul as if they were ducklings following their mother duck.

 

 

Dara's family was waiting for her by the vine arch that led to where Donghae was. The venue was absolutely breathtaking. They would be facing the open sea when they reach their spot. Dara could see her husband-to-be being held by his best man, Eunhyuk. He was probably being forced to not look behind yet.

 

“Hyung's eager to see you,” Thunder whispered to his noona

 

“As if he didn't see you yesterday,” giggled Durami

 

“He acts as if you're still new lovers,” commented mother Park

 

“Aigoo, let's just get into position,” blushed Dara.

 

Minzy was partnered to walk down the aisle with Taemin, Durami with Choi Minho, Chaerin with Kibum, and Bom with Siwon. Kyuhyun, Ryeowook and Yesung were the special wedding singers, awaiting the bride's cue. The rest of the Super Junior members sans Donghae and Eunhyuk had their own lovers or best friend with them with the exception of Shindong who had to walk with IU, Eunhyuk's girlfriend. (Leeteuk with Kang Sora, Heechul with Puff, Hangeng with Jolin, Kangin with Yejin, Sungmin with his wife, Henry with Amber, Zhou Mi with Victoria.)

 

 

The pianist began to play a soothing melody as they began to walk down the aisle. Eunhyuk finally allowed Donghae to turn. The beating of his heart fastened each time a pair passed by. He wasn't sure he could stop himself from jumping on Dara when he finally lays eyes on her.

 

“Keep me calm,” he turned to Eunhuk

 

“I don't think I need to do that,” Eunhyuk was at awe.

 

KRY began to sing Islands. At last, it was Dara's turn to walk, arm in arm, with Thunder and her mother, down the aisle. Donghae was captivated by Dara as if it was truly his first time laying eyes on her beauty. Step by step, Dara was closer to her happily ever after. She could see the twinkle in Donghae's eyes. She knew she made the right choice saying yes to his proposal even if marriage was not in her heart before.

 

 

Dara was only a couple of steps before reaching Donghae, but she could no longer hold her tears. As Thunder and her mother greeted Donghae, more tears flowed down her cheeks. This was no romantic drama. This is reality, she told herself. This is actually happening. This is my life, she reminded herself. I'm going to marry my king.

 

“Hello, my love,” Donghae greeted her, offering her his hand

 

“Hello,” she hiccuped causing Donghae to chuckle

 

“You are cute and gorgeous at the same time. How?” he fondly looked at her, “And you're crying too,”

 

“Stop it,” she bit her lower lip

 

“Won't you take my hand?” he stepped closer to her

 

“Of course, I will. You better be ready, Lee Donghae. I'm going to take your hand and never let go,” she said as she slowly slid her hand onto his, sending Donghae the shivers down his spine

 

“I've been ready all my life, soon to be Mrs. Lee Sandara.”