Chapter 13

I'm Sorry

[Dara’s POV]


“I’m just kidding…” Seunghyun said as he chuckled




“No… it’s okay…you can come…” Jiyong suddenly said… What…!? What’s he thinking…?! I turned to him and he’s still wearing that serious face.




“Really…? I can come…?! Oh…! I’m excited since it’ll be my first time to go out of town and unwind…” Seunghyun said happily…. Seeing him like that makes me at ease…




“Yes… and don’t worry our friends would be glad to meet you since I’ve already talked about you to them back then…” he said then to Seunghyun and then he turned to me




“So Dara… I’m going to tell the others that you’ll come… “ Well… At first I was going to turn it down but since I’m stuck now and especially that Seunghyun’s coming, better yet join them… I just nodded to him and after a while he left for his office.




Seeing him going away makes e a little sad… why did he became suddenly cold…? Is it because he saw me with Seunghyun a while ago…? No… it’s impossible… why would he be mad with that…




“Dara… I’m sorry if I butted in earlier… I’ll just tell Jiyong that I have something to do this coming weekend…” Seunghyun said weakly…




“No… what are you talking about…? Why would you do that…?”




“Well coz… I think it’ll be uncomfortable if I’ll come… I don’t know most of your friends…” he said while looking down and playing at his finger… he’s so cute…I approached him and once again I caressed his face… what am I doing…! What’s got into me..?!




“No… it wont be… they are all friendly… plus I’ll be there so don’t worry…” I said smiling at him… then he held my hand which is caressing his face… I could feel myself getting shivers just by his touch… I gulped the lump on my throat as I felt myself blushing.




“Thanks…” he said… we stared at each other for a while until I pulled my hand first from his hold… this is the second time today…!




“Oh well… I better get back to my office and finish the remaining works… ha-ha…” he said as he quickly went inside his office leaving me dumbfounded… why am I acting this way today..!




I sighed at relief… then I remembered Jiyong… I need to talk to him… I need to know what’s going on in his mind… he’s really confusing me…




[Jiyong’s POV]


Are they finally together…?




But Seunghyun’s not saying anything to me about them…




Seeing the way she caressed his face… the way she feel shy after she did that… makes me feel betrayed and mad… that’s how she acts towards me back then…




I don’t know why I am feeling this way… I even blurted out that we knew each other… I just feel like making Seunghyun know about us… but good thing I remembered he loves her… I almost told him about the relationship I have with Dara back then.




Why can’t I control myself whenever she’s around… and now Seunghyun’s coming with us… What am I thinking…? Why did I agree…?! But if I won’t, will Dara come with us…?



Maybe it’s a good choice to let him come so that Dara won’t feel uncomfortable just like our first reunion… honestly… I want to at leas hang out with her again… and with Seunghyun coming will make her agree to come with us…




“Sir… are you okay…?” My assistant suddenly asked me which made me wake up from my thoughts… after what I saw earlier, my mind keeps on repeating their moment in my head.




“Ye-yes… I’m fine… Why…? What’s wrong…?”



“Sir… I’ve been telling you that Ms. Park from the Vice President’s office is waiting for you outside”




Dara…? What is she doing here…? I quickly went out to see her.




“We need to talk…” she said once she saw me… I didn’t got to answer back when she started to walk away from my office… I just followed her until we reached the roof top again… just like where our first talk happened.




“What do you want to talk about…?” I started




“What were you thinking…? Why did you tell him that we know each other…?” I could see crease forming in her forehead… is she mad…? Mad because ‘her’ Seunghyun already know that we knew each other…?





“He’ll know it eventually… plus why are you getting mad…? It’s not like I told him about our past relationship…!” I finally snapped out




“I’m not mad… it’s just that I can’t understand you… you told me back then to just act like strangers and forget about the past and now you’re doing this…”




“Doing what…? I am not doing anything wrong… I am just considering the fact that he’ll know about us sooner or later…”




“Well if you didn’t tell him earlier… he wouldn’t know…” she said looking away




“You don’t want him to know about us…? Why…? Is it because you don’t want him to know about how you left me and broke my heart…? Or is it because you’ll lose your chance to be with him…?”




“What are you talking about…?” she said as she turned to me I approached her closer




“You don’t want him to feel jealous…? Why, are you already together…? Don’t worry I don’t care if you have a new one… I said back then that we should forget about the past right…? So you can be with someone you like now… I don’t give a damn sh!t about it…!” I said as I unconsciously held her shoulder…




I could see tears forming in her eyes… but what I said is true… if she’s thinking that our past could ruin what she has with Seunghyun right now… well she’s wrong…




“Why would you think that Seunghyun and I are together…?” she said weakly




“Aren’t you…? You’re always together and even this whole building thinks that you have a relationship…!”




“Why are you getting mad…? We’re just friends” she said as she looked down… I saw a tear falling down from her eye and realized what I am doing to her… why am I being like this…? Am I jealous over Seunghyun…?




I pulled up her chin and wiped the tears on her cheeks




“I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to yell at you…”




“Why are you doing this Ji…?” he called me again by that name… I felt my chest tightening hearing it from her…




I’m jealous... can’t she see that…? But I can’t tell her that…




“I was just really concerned about Seunghyun…. I don’t want him to feel betrayed once he knew about us… it’s better for him to know that we know each other… I promise not to tell him about what we had in the past…”




“I don’t care if he’ll know… It’s just you who doesn’t want him to know” she suddenly said…




If only he doesn’t love you maybe I should’ve told him already… I don’t know but I feel like once he knew he’ll tell me to stay away from you… and I don’t know why but I don’t want that to happen… I can’t control myself now…





“I’m sorry but let’s just stick to what’s happening right now… it already happened and we can’t change it back…” I said as I let go of her shoulders




[Dara’s POV]



“But why did you agree for him to come…?”



“If I don’t and he’ll not come… would you come with us…? I think by having Seunghyun around, you’ll also come… Am I right…?” How did he know that…?





“Ye-yes…” I stuttered… then I felt his hand brushing some hairs that’s blocking my face, putting in it in the back of my ear… my heart skipped a bit… just like what he used to do back then… I smiled as I remembered it… I noticed him quickly pulled his hand back.




“So it’s fine now… If you don’t have anything to tell more I have to go back to my office now…” he said looking away





“Yes… I’m sorry for bothering you…” and with that he left…




I stayed at the rooftop for awhile gazing at the sky… why can’t I forget him…? Until now I still have this hope that he’ll still love me… I’m so stupid…. For I thought he’s getting mad because he’s jealous…. Why would he be if he already has my best friend…? Dara you’re being selfish again…




I’m going to hurt him again if I insist this selfishness… Please God… make me forget… forget about my feelings for him…




---



Days passed until it’s already the weekend… I don’t know if I should be excited, happy or nervous to what will happen… We’re going to the place where the crew used to go back then…




I already contacted Bom and told her about everything… at first she told me that she was surprise to know that Jiyong and I are working at the same company… I also told her about Seunghyun and that he still doesn’t know about the past between Jiyong and I… good thing she understands my situation…




I haven’t talked to Sohee since that day… I can’t make myself to contact her and especially to meet with her… well at least now that we have a get together, I am going to be able to meet her and at least to talk with her… I don’t want to put our friendship into waste just because of what we have now… after all she’s still my best friend.





“Dara… are you ready…?” Seunghyun called me early in the morning… he offered to pick me up and go together since I know where the place is… I already finished packing some clothes…




“Yes Seunghyun-ah…”




“Okay I’ll be right there in a sec”




“I’ll wait for you”




After we talked, I grabbed Tam-tam who’s resting on my bed…




“Tam-tam… I hope everything will turn out good… We’re going to enjoy there okay…! No more heartaches for now…” I said as I kissed the lifeless doll I’m holding.