Chapter 3

I'm Sorry

[Dara’s POV]



I decided to stay in the nearest hotel since I don’t have any relatives here in Korea, all of them are now in America… I still didn’t tell my friends about my comeback because I don’t have any connections with them since I left…. I really miss them.



When I arrived at the hotel, I immediately flopped down to the bed… I felt really tired… I really feel I don’t own my body anymore for even I want to go around the place my body can’t stay up long just like before…. It’s a waste since it’s still in the afternoon and there are a lot I could do… I really hate becoming this weak…



Suddenly my phone rang



“Yoboseo?”

“Dara have you arrived already? Why didn’t you call us immediately?”

“Mom, I forgot since I’m so tired right now”

“I told you to bring Sanghyun with you so that you won’t be hassled there”

“Mom, I’m fine by myself”

“Dara, you know that you’re not as strong as before. Don’t stress yourself too much. It worries us here just by knowing you’re alone in there”

“I know mom… don’t worry… I could really manage myself”

“Arasso… just call us if you need anything okay… take care and don’t forget your medications”

“Yes mom, I’ll keep it in mind… thanks…” then I hanged up



I really had hard time convincing my family about coming back here in Korea… I know that they’re really worried about me… they have suffered taking care of me for the past three years but I really want to go back… I want to clear up things to everyone… especially to Ji… I really miss him… I want to see him soon….



“Tam-tam, how could we find your father? Do you think he still lives in the neighborhood?” I hugged the lifeless stuffed toy thinking of a way to see him again… after a while I dozed off to sleep



[Seunghyun’s POV]



‘Sandara’ I feel giddy just by thinking of her name… I can’t seem to forget about her… she looked so adorable the first time I saw her… she looked so pale and her eyes looked so tired yet she’s still beautiful… I regret forgetting to ask her number but I hope we’ll see each other again…



It’s my first time being attached to a girl, so I really hope I’ll see her again.



“Mr. Kim, do I have any schedules for today?” I turned to my secretary as we were inside the limo… even though I feel tired after the long flight, I know I still have lots of responsibilities to do.



“Sir, aside from having a dinner with your parents, there’s nothing more” he replied



“Ah… good… at least I’ll still have time to rest” I said as I faced the window beside me



I arrived home welcomed by bunch of maids… I only live alone in this big house since my parents have their own home and I’m their only son… It feels so lonely living here all by myself only to be surrounded by maids, that’s why being busy with our business is an excuse to go home and leaving for abroad helps to ease the loneliness of living alone.



“Welcome back sir… would you want us to prepare a bath for you?” The maid asked



“Yes please… thanks” I made my way to my room to change and after a while I relaxed myself in the tub…



Her face kept on rewinding in my mind… her smiles also brought happiness to me… thinking about her made me more relaxed. Later that evening, I went to the restaurant to meet with my parents… it’s been a long time since I last saw them…



“Seunghyun… we missed you son” Mom said as she hugged me



“I missed you too” as I hugged her back… we sat down and ordered, a waiter poured our glasses some wine.



“So son, how’s everything in the company?” Dad asked as he sipped on his wine



“Everything’s fine” I answered



“Great….I really made the right decision to let you handle the company… well better yet give you the whole ownership of it…” Dad said



“But Dad, I think I’m not yet ready to take over you” I said worriedly



“Oh, I know you can… I trust you and plus I’m getting older already to take care of the business…” In the end I agreed to him… the food came and we started to eat.



“By the way Seunghyun-ah… when are you going to introduce us to your girlfriend?” Mom asked



“Mom, you know I don’t have time for relationships yet”



“But all of us are getting older already… and I want to see some little Seunghyuns visiting us… aren’t you planning on getting married someday?” she said as she held my hand



“Of course I do mom… it’s just that I’m still waiting for the right one… I don’t want to get married quickly to some woman… but I think I already found someone” I blurted out accidentally, mom widened her eyes



“Really? Who is she? What does she do? Is she beautiful? When will we meet her?” she asked excitedly… Dad and I both chuckled on her reaction.



“Mom don’t get too excited… yes, she’s beautiful but I still don’t know her well… I don’t even know if I’ll meet her again” I saw her frowned out of disappointment.



“Don’t you even know her name?” Dad asked



“Park… Sandara Park” That’s the only thing I know about her well except for her toy.



“Quite unique name… is my son fell for her the first time you met her?” Mom asked teasingly



“Yes… I guess I have” I answered shyly.



“Well son, I wish you luck… I hope you’ll see her again” Dad said



“Yes…. I hope so too” then we continued eating



I’m lucky to have such an understanding parents, they never interfered with my life… helping them in our company is the least thing I could do for them… maybe I did fell for Dara the first time I saw her since I felt different with her than the other girls… I’m happy that my parents support me for everything I do….



I know that I have connections to find her but it would be great if fate will bring us together.



[Sohee’s POV]



It’s been three years but I still know that Ji oppa can’t still forget about Dara…



For two years, it pained me seeing him suffer because of her… he really loves her… well who wouldn’t?



Dara’s been my best friend for a long time and when she and Ji became a couple, I cant help not to fall in love with her boyfriend since he’s really kind and has everything a girl would wish for a boyfriend… they were the best couple back then…



So when the chance came up when she left, I quickly grabbed the opportunity to steal his heart… but it was hard… no matter what I do, he still can’t forget about her.



I was so happy when Ji finally accepted me… I know that he’s not completely over her but as long as he’s with me, I’m already fine with it… I know that in no time he’ll forget about her…



When she was still here… I cant help not to feel envious of her since everyone loves her… I’m only known for being her best friend but when she left, everything had changed… every love that she had back then were pass onto me except for the love of the man I truly wanted



For those times that Ji and I were together, he never told me he loves me… not even for once… even though I’m already used to it, it still hurts that he can’t give me back my love for him…. I would be the happiest girl once he said to me those magical words…



I believe on the saying ‘Time heals everything’ that’s why I’m ready to wait for him… I know that in no time, he’ll completely forget about her and love me back.



[Jiyong’s POV]



I’m driving back to my apartment when I got the urge of going back to my old neighborhood… Dara and I lived in the same neighborhood back then… when she left, my family also decided to move out because of Dad’s work… I don’t want to leave hoping that she’ll come back so when we moved out, I always go back to the neighborhood to check if she came back… for the whole one year all I did was come back and forth in that neighborhood until I decided that she won’t be coming back anymore…



But this night, I don’t know why I want to go back… something is pushing me to visit the neighborhood once again… as I arrived, I noticed some changes… there are a lot of houses now and the neighborhood is not as quiet as before… it’s already late so there are no people outside.



I got out of the car to walk along the street… memories of us started to come back… me and her walking along the neighborhood hand in hand… me teaching her how to ride a bike and more memories are starting to pile up again… maybe that’s why I don’t want to come back here again… because it only reminds me of her…



I was drown in my thoughts that I didn’t know where my feet had dragged me… I just found myself standing in front of her house…



There’s no change at all… everything’s just like back then… I glanced on the window of her room at the second floor… I remember her always greeting me ‘goodnight’ and good morning’ through her window whenever I bring her home and fetch her in the morning…



After a while… the lights inside her old room … I was surprised



‘Is she finally back?’ I thought… my heart started to thump crazily as my hands started to sweat… I was about to push their doorbell when someone called me from behind



“Jiyong?”