Chapter 8

I'm Sorry

[Dara’s POV]



I feel so excited to work in the office, even though I don’t have any experience I’m pretty confident that I can do the work because of what I’ve studied before.



“Hello Mom…?” I decided to call her to tell her that my stay here would be longer



“Dara…! How are you…?”



“I’m fine Mom”



“So… when are you coming back…?”



“That’s why I called you mom actually…. I decided to stay here longer”



“What..?! Why..?!”



“Mom… I have a job now…”



“What..?! Are you serious Dara..?”



“Yes Mom…”



“No..! I won’t allow you to work..! Don’t be stubborn and just go back here..!”



“Mom… I can’t… I want to do this… I promise not to stress myself”



No Dara..! I already gave you the chance to go back there for a while and now this..! You know that you’re not still fully recovered..!”



“Mom… I am..!”



“No! And you know you’re still not..! Go back here or else I’ll send your brother there to pick you up..”



Tears started to form in my eyes… I don’t want to go back abroad and be jailed at the hospital again… since that now, I don’t have any reasons to continue my fight.



“Mom… you don’t understand…. Please give me this time… I wasted three years of my life suffering because of too much sadness… I want to at least be happy now… this is a chance for me and I don’t want to let go of it.”



“Is this because of him again…?” I heard her sighed



“No mom… e- everything between us is finally over…”



Mom never went against Jiyong and I back then…. She said that she’s happy as long as I’m happy but she’s also aware about the sufferings I’ve been through when my illness took over me… she told me to forget about him because it will only adds up to my sufferings but I cant do that since I have been gathering my strength from him… I battled every pain and torture my illness gave me… just to see him again, to be with him again… to love him again…



When my doctors said that I’m already cleared from my critical condition, I immediately took the opportunity to go back in Korea… I missed him so much… I had a hard time convincing my family for them to let me go all by myself… in the end they let me, maybe they thought that it would at least give me some happiness that could repay to all those miseries I’ve been through.



Before I went back, mom told me that I must not expect something good that will happen during my comeback… she also said that everything had change… why does everyone keeps on telling that everything had change…? Am I that too selfish for still sticking up to the past…?



It broke me when I heard everything from him… maybe all of them are right… everything really had change… but the greatest thing that broke me was when I realized that heart also changed… it’s funny to think that I am still trapped to the memories of the past… but it’s sad that those memories would always be just memories…



---



Seunghyun gave me a week to rest and I admit that it was so much fun because he would always check on me and would always ask me to go out… he’s really sweet and I feel very spoiled about it… I will really do my best to work for him and repay all of his kindness.



I feel so excited for my first day at work… I woke up early and dressed up… when I saw myself in the mirror I cant help but to giggle because I looked like an office girl… Seunghyun called me first thing in the morning to ask me if he could fetch me going to work… as much as I don’t want to reject him but it would be really too much if I let him do that… I will be an employee working under him and it would be absurd of me if I let my boss to pick me up for work…. He insisted many times but in the end he let me to commute…



---



[Jiyong’s POV]



Seunghyun called me early in the morning chuckling and telling me that I should got to work early today… I am always early and he’s the one who’s always late these days and it’s just because of dating a girl… and when he told me the reason why he wants me to go early, I felt more annoyed with him… these past few days he was really annoying… giddying without any reasons and when I’ll ask him what’s wrong with him he would just flash a sweet smile to me… doesn’t he think he looked gross doing those things…? He’s a huge man doing childish stuff… he looked like a 5th grader having his first crush…



He would always come late and would skip work just to date… I can’t believe that he’s the same Seunghyun and boss I knew back then… now I am having second thoughts about him being the president of this company… he looked lost whenever it is about his girl ‘Dara’… I wonder what she has to make Seunghyun fall head over heels on her… I just hope that she’s a kind girl just like what he said coz I also don’t like my friend to feet heartbroken on his first love.



He called me just to say that it’s his ‘girl’s’ first day on the job and he wants me to meet her immediately… I can’t believe him…! Of course I will see her eventually even he won’t introduce us today and what do I have to do with his ‘girl’…? He’s really irritating the hell out of me so I just agreed to come to work as quickly as I could.



I first pick up Sohee and bring her to her work… it’s been a week since I last saw Dara… I tried myself to totally forget about her since I cleared everything between us the last night we saw each other… but honestly, I can’t help but to feel worried and guilty if I have said too much to her… she haven’t contacted anyone from the crew and even Sohee after our reunion… did she went back abroad…? She should’ve told anyone from us, it’s just like her leaving us not knowing anything just like back then.



I don’t know why… but I want to see her again… when I saw her that night, I felt mixed of emotions… she changed a bit… she looks paler and thinner… is that what abroad did to her…? But I admit that she’s still as beautiful as back then… but still… I don’t know what I’ll feel once I see her again… I don’t know if I could be friends with her after the heart broke she gave me… I know it’ll be awkward for us to have a comfortable relationship after what happened…



“Ji…” I immediately snapped out of my thoughts when Sohee called me… I realized that we’re already in front of their building.



“We’re here…” I said



“Yes… and you seemed lost in your thoughts… something’s bothering you…?” she asked as she unclasped her seat belt



“Ah… nothing… just about work… go now or you’ll be late for your work…” I lied… I feel guilty again for I promised her that I’ll be open to her but I also don’t want to worry her about me thinking about Dara.



“Ah… yes… well see you later…” she said as she leaned towards me and kissed me on the cheek… I smiled and waved at her once she got out… I drove off when she entered the building.



Sunghyun called me again telling me that his ‘girl’ is already at his office and I should drop by there first to introduce us… he’s so excited telling me those things and I just rolled my eyes and prepared myself to expect more from now on since his ‘girl’ is now working in the company.



I knocked on the door of his office before opening it… I slowly entered and saw a girl sitting in a chair in front of Seunghyun her back facing me… they are talking with each other happily and neither one of them didn’t notice my presence… As much as I don’t want to break off their moment I want this introduce thing to get over with fast so I faked a cough and finally both of them noticed me… They both looked at me… and my eyes grew wide as I saw the girl…



“Dara…” I said silently… I saw her eyes grew wide too and is half wide open… I felt the time stopped for a while until Seunghyun broke it.



“Oh… Jiyong-ah… you’re finally here…!” he said as he stood up from his chair and approached me… my eyes are just glued to Dara as I felt my body stiffed… she also stood up but stayed on her place… Seunghyun tapped my shoulder and that’s when I turned my gaze to him.



“Dara… This is Kwon Jiyong, the guy that I am telling you about… and Jiyong this is Dara… the girl that I am telling you about…” he said as he flashed his sweetest smile and raised his brows up and down… then realization shot through me…



The Dara that he’s been talking about and the Dara I know is the same all this time… how the world can be this little…? Earlier, I am just wishing to see her again and now here she is in front of me… and again, mixed emotions are taking over me…



“Yah Jiyong…! Be courteous and greet her…!” Seunghyun brought me back again from my thoughts when he gently slapped my back... I slowly approached her but she’s looing away from me… I offered my hands to her because I don’t know what else to do.



“He-hello… nice meeting you… I’m Kwon Jiyong… but you can call me Jiyong…” I forced a smile and she immediately looked at me and my hand… I sounded like I’m talking to a stranger but it’s the only thing I know how to do as of the moment.



[Dara’s POV]



When I arrived at the building, I quickly went to Seunghyun’s office… I felt nervous for no reason but feel excited at the same time… I knocked on his door and he sounded so serious when he told me to come in… I slowly entered the room seeing him serious reading some papers while sitting behind his desk… And when he looked up and saw me, his expression totally changed… he flashed me a sweet smile which always warms up my heart… he put down the papers as he stood up and guided me to the chair in front his desk… we talked for a while about the company and what should I do and also about his friend that he wants me to meet.



As we were having a conversation… we heard someone cleared his throat…I looked back just to see the most unexpected person I want to see right now… at first I thought my eyes were just playing tricks on me… it would be ridiculous to see Jiyong in front of me and especially here at Seunghyun’s company…



But when Seunghyun called the guy ‘Jiyong’, my heart skipped a bit and realized that it’s really him… I also stood up when Seunghyun approached him, I couldn’t move my body and saw him stiffed and looking at me… I couldn’t bare the way he looked at me… my heart won’t stop beating fast that I felt myself suffocating… I tried to look away… I don’t know what he’s thinking right now… maybe he’s mad that he got to see me again… if I knew that he would be here I shouldn’t have insist to work here…



What plans does God really have for me…? Why is he doing this to me…? I want to move on and not to ruin everything for Jiyong and yet this…?



I felt him slowly approaching me and when he offered his hands…



“He-hello… nice meeting you… I’m Kwon Jiyong… but you can call me Jiyong…” he said as he smiled… I quickly looked at him and down to his hand… I felt my heart stop a bit for I felt hurt on how he could casually say those things to me…



Are we really strangers now Jiyong…?