Chapter 5

I'm Sorry

“Sohee…”



I quickly approached her…. She seemed stunned upon seeing me, and well I couldn’t blame her to feel that way… I quickly hugged her tight for I really missed her too… she was like a sister to me… she stayed rooted on the ground and stiffed when I hugged her… after a while, I released her when I felt that she’s not responding to my hug… but then I still flashed her a smile.



“Sohee-ah… I really missed you… aren’t you happy to see me…?” I asked her hoping that she’s not mad at me… but her answer surprised me



“W-what… what are… you doing here…?” she said still her eyes wide open



“What do you mean Sohee…?” I didn’t thought that she would be that surprise upon seeing me back.



“You- you’re not… suppose… to be here…” she stuttered… am I really hearing these things from her…? She began looking away from me as if she’s afraid of my presence… but I shrugged it off then held her hands to make her look at me…



“I know that you’re mad at me for not contacting you while I’m away… but you do understand my situation right…?” she pulled her hands away from my grip but then finally looked at me again.



“You told me that you won’t be coming back..! But why are you back now..?!” she yelled… I was really shocked with her sudden reaction… is she really this mad at me…?



“Sohee-ah, I also never thought that I’ll be able to come back… but I really tried to… Please don’t get mad at me…” I plead her… I could feel tears forming at my eyes… this is the least thing I want to happen… for my friends to hate me…



I could see crease forming on her forehead… I held her hands once again, hoping that she would forgive me… after a while I felt that she calmed down…



“I’m sorry Dara…. I-it’s just that, I’m so shock to see you right now… and I just came back from work…. I-I’m so tired right now… sorry about my reaction earlier… c-can we just talk tomorrow…?” she said… I felt at ease knowing that maybe she’s just being like that earlier because she’s tired…



“It’s okay… I understand… maybe you’re just too surprised to see me right now…” I said as I touched her shoulder, she flinched a bit but then smiled at me…



“I’ll just call you tomorrow… arasso…” she said as she got my number, after that she immediately went inside her apartment and I headed for my hotel…



I couldn’t help but feel uneasy with Sohee’s reaction… I didn’t expect her to be like that even though she was too surprised to see me… but still I can’t help not to feel happy because I’m close to seeing him again… I dozed off thinking of a lot of things and also because of the tiring day…



[Sohee’s POV]



I can’t believe that she’s back again…. Good thing that Jiyong didn’t bring me home, I don’t know what will happen once they see each other again… When I saw her fear started to rise up on me… What will happen that now she’s here…? What will happen to Jiyong and me…? So many thoughts are running in my head the whole night I was up just thinking of what will I do for tomorrow when I face her again…



I had the urge to call him… I need to hear his voice… because even just his voice I could have my strength back…



“Yoboseo…” the other line spoke… he seemed tired


“Oppa..!”


“Oh… Sohee-ah… sorry for not bringing you home tonight” he said


“It’s okay oppa… it’s good that you at least have some time for yourself” I heard him sighed


“Why did you call…? It’s already late aren’t you sleeping yet…?”


“I just want to hear your voice oppa… I suddenly missed you… that’s all”


“You missed me so quickly..? We just saw each other yesterday…” then I heard him chuckled


“Yes oppa… I already miss you”


“Arasso then… would you want me to fetch you tomorrow morning…?”


“Sure oppa…! I would be really happy if you do that..” I chuckled


“See you then tomorrow…”


“Yes oppa… okay I should sleep now… see you tomorrow… good night”


“Okay goodnight…” he said then he hung up first


“I love you…” I said over the deadline… I sighed… I know that even if I say that he wouldn’t answer me back…



I just can’t give up Jiyong like that… I’ve done so many things just to make him stay with me… nothing can take him away from me… even Dara… I don’t know what will happen to me if he left me… I know that I am selfish, I know that I’ll be a bad friend to her if I kept Jiyong for myself but I really love him that I can do anything just to make him stay…



----



[Dara’s POV]



I woke up early today and I’m planning to tour around Seoul again… I can’t wait to see Sohee later… but for now I want to enjoy myself first…I brought Tam-tam with me and of course my map… and started my tour….



As I was walking along the streets of Seoul… Someone caught my eye on the other side of the street…. I gasped with what I saw… my heart started to throb hard… and I felt my feet glued on the ground…



“Jiyong…” I thought loudly…. He’s standing in front of a building talking to someone over the phone… I stood not from afar but I’m sure it’s him…. He’s hair isn’t blonde anymore but I know that it’s him…



After talking with someone on the phone… he entered the building… I snapped out and immediately dragged myself to follow him… I crossed the street without even thinking that the cars might hit me… I just need to get to him fast… I’m sure that it’s him…



I entered the building where he went… but I couldn’t see him anymore... I looked everywhere but I couldn’t see him…. I walked around the building but still I couldn’t find him… I tried asking the people if they knew a man named Kwon Jiyong but they didn’t… I looked like a fool asking around… I realized that maybe he’s not really that man…



I lost him again… I felt so defeated… I’m even starting to see him everywhere… I’m so desperate…



I sighed and headed outside the building… then suddenly I bumped on something or someone… I had my head down that’s why I didn’t see my way…. I massaged my forehead as I looked up, I was surprised to see who I bumped at…



“Seunghyun sshi…!”



“Dara…!”



[Seunghyun]



I was talking with my secretary about my schedules for the day… I was completely unaware of what’s on my way when I suddenly bumped on something or someone… I looked down and saw a girl looking down massaging her forehead… then she looked up at me… my eyes widened and my heart started to beat crazily that I thought would cause me a heart attack…



“Seunghyun sshi…!” she yelled



“Dara…!”



Oh my god… I couldn’t believe that I would see her again… I am so happy right now… is this really fate…? Maybe fate really gave me another chance to her… I will never let this chance off… I forgot everything around me and seemed that we’re the only ones standing in the building…



“I couldn’t believe that I would see you again” I said as I flashed her my sweetest smile



“Me too…” she said as she smiled back… just by her smile I could feel myself melt away… then I saw her looked at something beside me… I glanced at it and I saw Mr. Kim standing beside me… I completely forgot about him…



“Mr. Kim… you go first… I’ll just follow later…” I told him… after he bowed on both of us he headed away… I turned my gaze back on Dara and saw her with her toy again…



“Wow you still have your toy with you eh…?” I said… then I heard her chuckled… such a music to my ear…



“Yes…” she simply said but it could already flutter my heart… I realized that we’ve been standing for a while now…



“Dara… would you mind if I invite you for a tea now…?” I said… I noticed that she blushed a bit…



“No… I don’t mind Seunghyun sshi..” she said… she looks really adorable…



I guided her outside the building and we waited for my car… my chauffer escorted her inside and I could see amazement in her eyes… I chuckled silently because of her expression… the ride was silent because I was busy watching her as she gazed around my car with amazement I don’t want to break off her moment…we headed for my favorite Tea house and I was the one who escorted her as she went outside the car… her hand was so soft and warm… I wish I could hold it forever…



We went inside and the employees immediately greeted us… we sat on the best spot in the shop and ordered our tea... we started our conversation as we waited on our order



“So Dara, where are you staying right now..?” that’s the first thing I want to know



“I’m staying at the hotel near at the airport” she said… I thought that she’s staying at someone’s house… but I decided to let it off…



“Ah… so what brought you at our building earlier…?”



“Ahmm.. I thought I saw someone I know there… but… ‘Our building’? You own that building Seunghyun sshi…?” her eyes widened… I chuckled again… she never fails to make happy…



“Not really mine… it’s my family’s” I said… but her eyes is still wide open…



“Wow… you’re really rich….” She said… then our orders came… we began drinking the tea while continuing our conversation…



“Dara can I ask you a favor..?” I said as I put down the cup of my tea



“Sure… what is it…?”



“I wish you would drop the formalities while talking to me…” I said shyly



“Oh… sure… Seunghyun” she smiled and raised her brows up and down… we stayed talking with each other for a while… I completely forgot about my work but I don’t care as long as she’s with me…



“So Dara… what are you up to now…?”



“Nothing really… just touring around and hopefully getting back with my friends… I missed them so much…” she said dreamingly… somehow I could see sadness in her eyes… which also saddened me…



“I’m sure that they missed you too…” I tried to make her happy again and at least she smiled



“I hope so…” she said as she stirred her tea with the spoon.



I wished that I could spend more time with her but I received a call that I’m already needed at the office… she also said that she has to go somewhere… After the time with her, I made sure that I got her number now and of course to what hotel she’s been staying at... I’m really glad that I had at least a little time with her… I insisted to drop her off on her hotel and good thing that she allowed me to… after that I headed back to my office totally happy…



[Dara’s POV]



After Seunghyun dropped me off… I went to my room first to rest… I received a message earlier from Sohee to meet with her in her apartment later….



Seeing Seunghyun today made my day really happy… even though I didn’t get the chance to see Jiyong, at least I had a great time with Seunghyun… he’s really bubbly and always makes me happy… I’m really glad to meet someone like him…



Later that evening, I went to Sohee’s apartment again and saw her waiting for me outside… I suddenly felt nervous upon seeing her…



“Let’s not talk here… Let’s go somewhere else…” she said coldly



I followed her until we arrived in a café nearby her apartment… there aren’t much people inside since it’s kinda late… we sat on one corner and for minutes silence filled the atmosphere… I didn’t dare to speak because I don’t want to get on her bad side anymore… then suddenly her phone rung… I noticed that when she saw who’s the one calling her, she looked at me first as if she’s hesitating to take the call… but in the end she decided to take it.



I stayed seated as I waited her finish the call…but I can’t help not to hear some of her conversations… I was taken aback when I heard her say his name, she looked at me when she knew I heard her talking to Jiyong on the other line… after a while, she ended their conversation…



“Is that Jiyong..?” I immediately asked her.



“Yes...” she said but still coldly



“How is he..?”



“Fine..” she kept on answering my questions with just a simple answer which saddened me… I really hate seeing her being like this… it scares me.



“Sohee-ah… can you bring me to him…” I finally said to her… she looked at me immediately and I couldn’t explain the expression on her face



“No…! You can’t…” she said then suddenly looked away



“But… but why..? I really need to explain everything to him… please help me..”



“Dara Jiyong already forgot about you… everything had change Dara… I don’t think he could forgive you now after what you’ve done to him…” she finally blurted out



“That’s why you have to help me… you know everything that I’ve been through…” I plead to her once more



“Then let you ruin everything..?!” she yelled which made the people looked at us… I don’t care about them but what caught me was what she said…



“W-what do you mean…?” I’m really confused right now



“Dara… I never told them about the reason you left because you told me that you don’t want them to get hurt… I kept it a secret just so that they’ll never have their hopes high... Jiyong suffered enough when you’re gone… I’ve been with him when you’re away… I did everything just to make him happy again Dara… and now that he’s completely over you, I don’t think that it’s good to just appear suddenly and stir everything up…” she said..



“But Sohee-ah…. I know that it’s also my fault… but I also want to make up for the things I did to him… please…”



“No Dara… I don’t want you to hurt Jiyong anymore… plus… Jiyong and I are together now… please don’t ruin everything…” she said… I felt my heart sunk with what she said… I couldn’t believe everything that I’ve heard…tears started to roll down my cheeks without me even noticing it….



“I’m sorry Dara… I already told you that everything had change already… please don’t take him away from me now… please…” she said… I stayed glued on my seat as she began to cry… how can these things happen… I didn’t think that my come back would give me this so much heart ache….



“I-I understand... I... I won't” that’s the only thing I could manage to say…. I saw her lightened up a bit then held my hand.



“Please… don’t tell him that I knew about the reason you left… I know that this is too much to ask but I just don’t want him to get mad at me… Dara, I love him so much…”



‘But I love him too…’ I thought before giving her a weak nod… it’s better this way…



Three years had passed, maybe everything had really change… and maybe his heart… I don’t want to ruin everything they have now just because of my selfishness…



I never asked her again about Jiyong’s whereabouts… I don’t want Sohee to worry about us… I know that she really loves him… I don’t want to stir things up between them… it’s my turn to give her a great favor… but just by thinking him with another girl really stings my heart…



I decided to go back in the hotel… and throughout the night I cried… it’s the first time I cried this hard after three years… I stayed strong throughout the past years but maybe I’m still weak when it comes to him…. I clutched on the ring that has been the last thing that reminds me of him... I couldn’t believe that his heart doesn’t belong to me anymore I stayed strong and did my best to come back just because I want to see him again, to love him again but now that everything between us seems to be impossible now I felt that I overcome everything just for nothing….