Chapter 19

I'm Sorry

She stiffened… her eyes grew big… she doesn’t know what to feel… but then her body initiated what she’s suppose to feel… without her consent… she felt some warm tears flowing from her eyes… his eyes were both closed… his lips feels so warm… it felt like the time stopped for a while…


She then closed her eyes and for once she felt no regrets… his arm wrapped around her waist pulling her closer while his other hand caressed on the back of her head…. Slowly, she lifted her arms and wrapped it around his neck…


Their kiss deepened… tasting each others lips… no one tried to pull back first… both drown into the bliss they found… her tears continued to flow down her cheeks… until he too broke into tears… mixed of emotions took over them… all of the happiness, sadness and the agonizing longingness they had kept finally let out.


No one knows how long their kiss lasted… as much as they don’t want to let go of each others lips… they parted to grasp for air.


Their breaths brushed each others lips… their noses touched each others tips as they both rested their foreheads on each other…. After a while he finally stopped crying but she still didn’t… both of his hands reached for it and wiped it off her cheeks…


Happiness is all he could feel right now… finally letting go of what he really feels… and he’s wishing that this happiness would last forever… that she too could voice out and let go of what she truly feels for him.


As he saw her face, he knew that maybe she’s worried about him and Sohee… but he really can’t lie to himself anymore… only Dara could make his heart beat and continue its life… No matter what he does, he can’t love Sohee back… he knows it would hurt Sohee but he doesn’t want to lie to her anymore… and especially hurt her more.


As for Seunghyun… his friendship with him would be the risk of it… and now he doesn’t know what will happen between them… it’s just that he really couldn’t control his overpowering love for her… he needs her back… he needs his life back.


No matter how he wiped her tears off, it still didn’t stop…. His eyes met hers and they looked at each other for a while… only her soft sobs could be heard… her heart beats crazily… how she longed to be with him once again… how she suffered for long years just to see him again… how she managed to get back her life because of him… and now… here they are looking at each others eyes… feeling the love that they almost forgot…


Happiness… those tears were because of too much happiness… but then… reality hits her… part of her says that everything they’re doing right now is wrong… the reality that he’s not hers anymore… but she still can’t help not to let go of him… when she looked at him once again… her bestfriend’s face flashed in her mind and guiltiness took over her…


She opened , not really knows what to say… what took over her was to end this dream of hers.. so that no one would get hurt in the end.


“I…ca-“


And as if he knew what she’s about to tell him, he sealed her lips with his once again… he doesn’t want to hear it… he knows she’s being stubborn again… thinking about others once again… he doesn’t like it… he must look selfish right now but he doesn’t care… all he wants is for her to just listen to what her heart tells her… and fight for what she really feels.


They parted lips once again and this time he beats her from speaking first.


“Saranghae Dara… you’re the only one I need baby…”


He hugged her tight that she felt a little pain as her body being squeezed so much… too much overwhelming feelings for her that her mind now is completely filled with confusion.


“Ji…”


Was all she could utter… he squeezed her one last time, making her feel that his body needs her warmth… that she’s the only one who could warm up his almost cold heart.


He let go of her and held onto her shoulders to make her face him… she finally stopped from crying… her tears dried off on her cheeks… he saw the confusion in her face as her expression went blank.


“Baby… please come back to me…”


He tried once again… he would never let go of her again… he would never let her escape again… whether he looked pathetic right now… if that would make her pity him and come back to him, he’ll take any chances…


She wanted to cry once again… but tears won’t come out anymore.


“Ji… I…. I don’t know…”


She said weakly while biting her lower lip as she looked away from him…. her hands stayed limp on her side and still holding on her toy… he cupped her face to make her face him again… his face said it all… pleading to take her back.


“Dara… please… just for once, don’t think about anything… don’t think about others… for once, try to be selfish… please… just listen to your heart… I love you so much….”


Her heart beats faster than earlier… he then showered her face with kisses… he knows Dara… he loved that she always thinks of others first and lastly herself, but now he hated this part of her… just be selfish for once… for herself… and for their love.


Deep inside her she wanted to throw herself to him… shower him the love that she missed to show him for the past three years… but looking at him right now… she’s always being swallowed up by her guiltiness… she just couldn’t betray her friend… she just couldn’t ruin his life… their lives…


“I can’t… I’m sorry…”


She shook her head while looking down to their feet… he quickly stopped her and pulled her into a hug once again… burying her face onto his chest.


“Please… just forget about everything right now… just listen to your heart Dara…”


He whispered to her while he caressed her head… he knows she still loves him… all he wants is for her to admit it so that he could gather his strength to fight for them… and to also free her from her lies…


“Sohee…”


She finally blurted out what’s been bothering her… a bitter smile crept on his lips… just what he thought… she really was the selfless girl he fell in love with… he made her face him once again.


“Why did you left…?”


He changed the topic… which caused her to be taken aback… once and for all he wanted all of her lies to be corrected and that would start where it all began.


“I… I…”


Her voice trembled… her head started to ache once again… this is just too much pressure for her.


“Don’t lie to me again…”


His voice sounded so serious… he reached for her hand and held it tightly


“Please tell me everything… what were those medicines for…?”


Then his voice softened… she felt more confused right now… cold sweat started to form on her temples… she doesn’t know what to tell him… she too doesn’t want to lie anymore… it brings so much pain to her emotionally.


“I can’t tell you Ji… I just can’t…”


She broke down and ducked down the floor… and finally, she managed to let her tears come out once again… maybe because her head’s killing her again… he quickly bent down to her… he felt his heart sank as he saw her broke down…


“Sshh… I won’t ask you anymore… I’m sorry…”


He hugged her and pulled her up… made their way to a bench and sat… he cooed her to stop from crying… caressed her back as he rested her head on his chest… it bothers him more why she couldn’t tell him… but right now, he couldn’t push her further… for eventually he knows he’ll know the truth.


He wrapped her arm around her shoulder, protecting her from the night’s coldness… she now stopped from crying as she felt his heartbeats… how she missed listening to it… every beat sounded like music to her ears... and each of those beats was all because of her... they just stayed in silence…. His other hand locked with hers and she just let him do what he wants…


The pain in her head is slowly subsiding… listening to his heartbeats made her felt calmed… it feels like it’s enough to treat any pain that she feels right now… her eyes both closed wishing that the night won’t come to its end… inside her she really doesn’t want to let go of him but whenever she puts it in words, everything is opposite to what she feels…


“You still have that weird toy huh…”


He broke the silence first as he noticed the toy she’s been holding on to for the past hours… how he missed their so called son… and until now envied it for at least it has been with her for the three years they are apart… how silly of him to felt that way until now... She just smiled and nodded a little…


“Finally we’re a family again…”


He said... he felt her hand tightened its hold to him...


‘Even just for a while’


As he added in his thoughts… he closed his eyes and silence enveloped each other once again…