Chapter 11

I'm Sorry

[Seunghyun’s POV]


“Mom, Dad… I finally found her…”


I visited my parents at their house since it’s been a while since I last saw them… Dara has been working for our company for already one month now and I could say that my feelings for her grow deeper and deeper with each day that passes…




“Who…? The girl you told us back then…? What’s her name again…?” Dad said while we were having dinner.




“It’s Sandara isn’t it Seunghyun…? Wow… did you look for her…? Where did you meet again…?” Mom said excitedly.




“Calm down mom… well I didn’t look for her… everything just went out naturally… and what’s I’m really happy about is that she’s now working on our company…” I said… I could see the happiness from their eyes… especially mom’s.




“Omo… oh that’s really great…! So when are you going to introduce us to her Seunghyun-ah…?” dad chuckled at mom’s excitement… she seems happier than me…




“Mom… it’s still not what you’re thinking… we’re not yet together…” I said shyly as I drink some water.




“Oh… why son…? I thought you like her…?” Dad said… I don’t know why but I can’t make myself to tell her what I feel…




“I just think it’s not yet the right time to tell her… I’m still enjoying what we have between us right now… I don’t want to surprise her with a sudden confession…” I said… they just nodded… I laughed inside because of my mom’s childishness… she pouted hinting her disappointment… while dad told me that he understood everything.




After the dinner, dad and I went on the balcony to have some tea…




“Seunghyun-ah… I’ll be visiting the company tomorrow… is everything still on the good track…?” Dad said after drinking his tea.




“Yes dad… fortunately there isn’t any problem in the company…” I answered




“That’s good to know… well maybe it’s really now the time to hand you the whole corporation… I already called a meeting with all the board of directors and other stock holder for tomorrow… I’m sure they’ll all agree for you to be the president…” he said




I know this will come eventually… but still having this big responsibility sometimes makes me worried… what if I can’t do it…? What if I can’t meet their expectations…? I’m afraid to disappoint my family…




“Seunghyun-ah… I know what you’re thinking right now… but son, I’m sure you can do it… your mom and I are here to support you…” he said as he tapped my shoulder… I looked up to him seeing his warm smile which made my confidence to boost up.




“Thanks dad…” I said… for a while we talked about the company… then the topic about Dara came up again…




“So… about your girl… Can I see her tomorrow…? I hope you could tell her your feelings quickly son before someone steals her heart away…” he said… I smiled as I remembered Jiyong telling me about that before…




“Sure dad… I’ll introduce you to her… but please don’t scare her…” I said




“Don’t worry son… I won’t scare my future daughter-in-law…” he said teasingly… I can’t help but to feel giddy about the thought ‘future daughter-in-law’…. Sure they are really supportive when it comes to what I want…




My night ended filled with the thoughts of her… imagining a future with her seems like a great dream for me… I just hope that once I confessed my feelings for her, is that she would accept it… for I can’t see myself with another woman except from her.




[Dara’s POV]


After a month of working at Seunghyun’s company… I could say that I already adjusted… seeing Jiyong everyday doesn’t worry me anymore especially that Seunghyun’s always there to break the awkward atmosphere between us… I also started looking for an apartment because I already receive my salary… and good thing is that my family finally let me do what I want ‘for the meantime’…




“Ms. Dara… The young master wouldn’t be able to join you for lunch today… he still has a meeting until now…” Mr. Lee said…




Seunghyun’s really busy these days but still he didn’t forget having time to join me during lunch and even inviting me for dinners… sometimes I’m worrying about him…because instead of resting, he would waste his time hanging out with me… that’s why I feel like I’m being dependent on him… he sure is really sweet that’s why he’s hard to reject.




“Oh… Is that so Mr. Lee…? It’s okay… but what about him… he still didn’t eat…” I said.




“Don’t worry Ms. Dara… we already delivered foods for them in the conference room…” he said




“That’s good… but what about you Mr. Lee…?” I asked him… a smile crept on his face.




“I already ate miss… thanks for the concern… so I should leave now Ms. Dara… the young master still needs me in the conference room…” he said… we both bowed to each other before he left…. I sighed… but omo… does it mean Jiyong and I would have lunch together…? As in just the two of us…?




I suddenly felt nervous… it would be the first time… I mean after three years that I got to eat with him alone… my heart won’t stop from beating fast…




I reached the elevator and even my knees started to tremble… I breathed deeply to calm myself… he’s just Jiyong… nothing to worry about plus… it’s just a normal lunch….




I can’t help but to regret not to had the chance socializing with other with my one month stay in this company… but how could I meet with other people if I’m always with Seunghyun plus I’m shy when it comes to other people….




I reached the cafeteria still feeling a little nervous… there I saw him waiting at one table… I knew he was surprised to see me alone for his eyes grew wide open… I can’t help but to bow my head a little as I approached him…




“Uhmm… Jiyong… Seunghyun can’t join us now coz he still has a meeting… it’s okay if you with me if you don’t join me… I know you’re only doing it because of Seunghyun…” I said… I saw his eyes became calm as he stood up from his seat.




“What made you think that I’m doing it for Seunghyun…?” he said… I can’t help but to feel a little surprised with what he said… what does he mean by that…? Before I could answer him, he suddenly continued speaking.




“Come on… I’m already hungry… I know you still don’t know anyone here so I’ll just join you…” he said as he walked towards the counter… Unconsciously, I felt myself smiled with what he said…




As I was about to pay for my meal, he suddenly butted in and lend the cashier his money.




“Jiyong I could pay for it…” I said




“My treat now…” he simply said… he walked away first while I am trailing behind him… we sat facing each other on one table… even it’s noisy around us… the silence between us is more deafening…




“What about you…? Don’t you have any friends here…?” I courageously broke the silence… he looked up to me after swallowing his food.




“Seunghyun’s my friend…” he said… I almost choke with my food after hearing his answer.




“No… I mean of course other than Seunghyun…” I said... clearing out my question.




“I don’t have any time mingling with other people…” he said coldly… since when did he stop from being friendly…? I accidentally let out a sigh which made him looked up to me again.




“Why did you ask…?” he said




“Nothing…” I weakly said as I continued eating…




[Jiyong’s POV]


My chest feels so tight right now… having her in front of me now… with just the two of us eating makes me lose control of my feelings… I don’t have any friends in the company other than Seunghyun because aside from him and my close friends I don’t think it’s still necessary to add up more people in my life…. Plus it’s hard to trust others especially even when the closest one to you suddenly left you without any reasons… just as simple as that…




When I saw sadness in her eyes, I felt a pinch inside my chest… Until now, I hate seeing her sad… and remembering how can Seunghyun makes her happy added up more to the pain…




“Dara…” I suddenly blurted out… she looked up at me waiting for more




“What..?” she said… I can’t think of anything until I saw her ‘almost-untouched’ food




“Why aren’t you eating a lot…. Back then you eat like there’s no tomorrow but now look at you… you’re so thin…” I said as I unconsciously sliced the food for her… I realized what I did and when I saw her face, I knew she’s also surprised…




I immediately let go of her food and went back to mine… I forced out a cough just to regain back from the awkward situation… then I heard a chuckle from her…




“I thought you completely changed… I guess I’m wrong…” she said looking straight into my eyes… I felt my cheeks burned as I saw those eyes… I immediately shook away my thoughts and looked away before I forgot myself in those eyes…




“It’s just that… you really look thin now… you look like you have some sickness or something…” I said out of nowhere… then I felt her stiffened.




“Uh… uhmm… of course I don’t have… it’s just that I don’t have the same appetite just like back then…” she said playing with her food…




“I just said you look like one… you still need to eat more coz it’ll make you weak if you don’t have much nutrition in your body…” She looked up pouting at me… my heart once again skip a bit with just that little expression from her…




“You sounded like a father…” she said…




“Wha- what…? A father…? Here I am… concerned about you and you’ll just call me a father…?” I said… then her pout suddenly turned into a wide smile




“I’m just kidding… thanks for the concern…” she said softly.




I suddenly thought of wishing that this time will stop… I feel like wanting to have this time with her last forever… but no… this is wrong… I am not suppose to feel this way… just by thought of Seunghyun and Sohee made everything that’s happening right now totally wrong.




“Jiyong… how are you and Sohee doing…?” she suddenly asked… I don’t know if it’s just me but I felt sadness with the way she asked




“Everything’s fine…” I didn’t know that answering her about that question would be this hard… I saw her smiled a little looking at me with those suddenly sad eyes




“That’s good to hear… I’m happy for the both of you…” she said silently… I left myself staring at her… the pain inside my chest grew when I heard her say that she’s happy for us… I should be happy too but hearing it from the girl I loved once feels like a stab in my heart…




“Thanks…” is all I could say… the remaining time was a complete silence for the both of us… we finally finished eating and decided to head back on our office… we went inside the elevator with still no one dared to talk…




I didn’t realize that we’re the only people inside… I glanced over her reflection and saw the sadness that’s painted in her face… I want to soothe that sadness but I can’t… I shouldn’t… but then I finally can’t control myself… I faced her and held her shoulder to face me… she looked at me wonderingly.




“Are you really happy for me Dara…?” I asked her… but before she could answer, the elevator’s door suddenly opened and the employees started to come inside… I quickly let go of her… what am I thinking…? Of course she’s happy just what she said earlier… but still those eyes and her expression says the opposite…




After a while it’s already my floor… I glanced back to her seeing that expression again… I sighed for I can’t do anything.




“I’m sorry… I have to go…” I said as I quickly went out.




[Dara’s POV]


I can’t understand him… he acted really weird today… and especially with what he did back at the elevator… what is he thinking…? Does he still have feelings for me…? But that would be impossible… silly of me to even think about it… he’s just concerned about me… and just by the thought of him having a concern for me is already enough.




I wonder if Seunghyun’s already done with his meeting… I’m worried about him… he’s still so young and yet he already have this big responsibility… it’s really different when you’re from a rich family.




I checked his office but he's not there... maybe they’re still not done… I went back to my desk and continued with my work when suddenly an old man approached my desk… I quickly stood up and bowed.




“Sorry sir but Mr. Choi is still on his meeting…” before I could finish my sentence he suddenly spoke up.




“Are you Sandara…?” he said flashing me a wide smile