Chapter 18

I'm Sorry

[Sohee’s POV]




This is the moment I am most afraid to happen… seeing them back together…they can’t… I love Jiyong… Dara promised me that she would never take him back… but why are they together…?




I almost die when Jiyong made the first move… he promised me…. He told me to trust him…but why this…? I’ve done everything to make him happy again… she’s the one who gave him heartaches… but how could he do that to her now…? How could Jiyong do this to me…?




“What do you want…?”




Seunghyun asked me… we went outside to talk… as much as I want to break off ‘their’ moment together… I must not… I know things would be worse if that will happen… I’m afraid that Jiyong would reject me in that spot… I’m afraid that he’ll choose Dara once we made that move… he can’t do that… I’ll make sure that till the very end, we’ll end up together.




I know Seunghyun has something going on for Dara… who wouldn’t be…? She was always the ‘dream girl’ back then… always the ‘perfect girl’… there’s no reason for Seunghyun not to like her… doesn’t she know about Seunghyun’s feelings when almost all of us already knows…?




She already has Seunghyun now so what’s the point of having Jiyong back… I hate her… no matter what she does everyone still loves her… everyone is still ready to accept her… when she came back, the spotlight turned back to her again… And now she's taking Jiyong away from me...? How could she do this to me...! I hate her... I hope she didn't come back... she's just ruining everything for me...!





“Seunghyun-sshi… I think you still don’t know what happened between them three years ago… did Dara told you about what they have back then…?”




I think it’s time for him to know everything… I want him to feel uneasy about Jiyong being around his ‘love of his life’… and maybe with that, he would take Dara away from us… from Jiyong.




“What do you mean…?”




He asked wonderingly… I’m sorry Jiyong… I know you want this to keep from Seunghyun… but I think this is the only way I could keep you in myself.




“They were lovers back then…”




I blurted out disgustingly… as if it’s something very sickeningly to be heard… His eyes grew wide, completely shocked with what he heard… I don’t know what’s going on in his mind right now… maybe he’s thinking why did Jiyong didn’t told him… why they kept it from him… is anger already building up on him…? I hope so…




It’s better for Jiyong to lose his friend than for me to lose him… yes… I’m selfish… the day that I started loving Jiyong is the day I decided to be selfish… I will not let anyone take him away from him.




“Ho-… how… did…?”




I cut him… as much as he can’t take what I am about to tell him… he must take it all in… I want him to think that they both lied to him… That Jiyong, his friend betrayed him for not telling him about his past even though he already knew that Seunghyun’s in love with Dara.




I told him everything that happened three years ago… how Jiyong and Dara loves each other so much… I have to hold my stomach in with every word that I say… reminiscing what they had shortens my life… but I must tell him… we were in the same boat right now… watching our loves with someone…




“So you knew that she had an illness and you never told them…”




His head bowed down… I am a bit surprised with what he said… but I know he’ll eventually ask me that.




“I thought she’ll never survive… plus if you’re in my place you wouldn’t tell them too for they will surely be sad…I don't want to give them false hopes...”




“But they misunderstood everything…! They misunderstood Dara for being a selfish one which she really is not…!”




I am more surprised with his sudden outrage… is this how much he loves her…? He’s already blinded from her flaws… that he didn’t get what I want to tell him.




“This is not what I am pointing at Seunghyun-sshi… Jiyong and Dara have a past… aren’t you afraid that with what we saw earlier is one thing that tells us they’re back again…?”




Maybe I snapped him out from his blindness… I saw his forehead creased and his jaw tightened.




“I don’t know… maybe he’s just being kind to her… I don’t know… you already said that Jiyong’s mad at her… that all they have was all in the past now…”




He said weakly… I can’t blame him for thinking like that… me too, I don’t want to think that they are finally back… but the possibility of being like that is huge.




“Seunghyun-sshi… Just promise that you will never tell Jiyong that I knew Dara’s illness…”




He then glared at me.




“Why…? Are you afraid that he’ll hate you too…? Is that how much you love him…? You’re ready to hurt your best friend out of love…? Don’t you know how much she had suffered with her illness and all you think is that stupid love of yours…?”




He’s mad… I know he’ll be… but he’s right… I’m ready to do anything… even to hurt my one and only best friend… just for Jiyong’s love




“If you’re in my place… wouldn’t you do that…?”




That made him stop… then a bitter smile crept on his lips




“I am ready to give up anything just to make her happy… if it costs me my heart… if it means it’ll break me apart… I’m ready to give her what she wants… I will never lock her to a place she doesn’t want her to be…”




I bit my lower lip... maybe he could... but I can't... I don't care if Jiyong's happiness is not being with me... as long as I have him... he's my life... I can't possibly give him up... not now... not forever... He sighed and then turned straight to me




“But right now… I guess I’m not yet ready to let her go…”




With what he said... everything for me lightened... I found myself smiling with his last statement... I knew he's just like me... I knew that his blindness would make him selfish for her....





[Seunghyun’s POV]




I love her so much… I want to give her everything to the point that I’m ready to lose what I have just for her… hearing all those things from Sohee, somehow broke my heart… why didn’t tell me…?




Jiyong knew that I love her so much… why didn’t he tell me…? Why didn’t she tell me..? I’m confused… I trusted them…




They broke up just because she left them without any reasons… and now that she’s back, does he still loves her…? Does it mean, she still loves him...? Are they going to get back with each other…? But Jiyong already has someone… and she’s Dara’s best friend




Whatever they have right now is definitely out of line… I’m sure in the end Dara would be the one who’ll get hurt… I don’t want that to happen… I can’t let her be hurt… it’s enough that she experienced torture for that past three years… I won’t let Jiyong bring her in pain again.




Sohee and I both went back to our rooms… Jiyong’s still not in the room and maybe Dara too… I don’t want to think and imagine what they are doing right now… I don’t want to check them and see for myself the moment they're sharing right now…




Tomorrow would be another day… tomorrow would definitely bring them apart again… I should just stay as I am just what Sohee and I agreed to… maybe for now they are both drown away from reality… just few more hours more... she’ll be back in my arms...




I can't sleep.... I want to see her quick.... I want to taker her away from him... to shower her the love that she really deserves.... just a few more hours more... I'm getting insane by this painful waiting... I hope she'll stay as she is as the morning came... I hope Jiyong would not take her away from me....




“The only thing we could do right now is to make them stay away from each other…”




I remembered what Sohee told me… is this the right choice I should take…? I’m so confused…




I’m becoming what I am not just because of my love for her… am I being like Sohee now…? But I could feel what she’s going through… being unnoticed by the one she loves…




“I can’t… I just can’t let go of you now Dara… I’m sorry…”