Chapter 2

I'm Sorry

[Dara’s POV]


I looked at the man beside me and saw him smiling back at me… it seems like he’s amazed with what he’s watching… for a while I was caught deep in the beauty of his eyes but I came back to my senses when I heard him chuckled again…



“Excuse me…? What’s funny…?” I tried asking him in English even though I think he’s a Korean… but good thing he is… when he spoke our language.



“Ah… I’m sorry, I just found it really adorable of you talking with your toy” he smiled as he pointed at Tam-tam…



I immediately felt shy after being heard talking with my toy, I completely forgot that I’m in a public place…I just chuckled with him trying to get over with the embarrassing moment earlier… Then after a while, he spoke again.



“ I see… you’re also a Korean… What brought you to America? For a vacation..?” I could feel that he’s trying to lessen the awkward atmosphere between us.



“Ah… yes… you could say that” it’s not really necessary for me to tell him the whole reason why I went to America.



“How about you?” I asked him back



“Ah… for business… Are you alone? And did you have a great time there? He’s really a talker but I couldn’t help myself but to answer all his questions.



“Yes I am… but my family lives in America, I’m just going to Korea alone… and actually, I didn’t have so much fun while staying in America because I was busy with some other things…” I tried to sound friendly as much as possible. I glanced at the window beside me, caught between my thoughts.



“I miss Korea… It really is been a long time since I last saw it… I didn’t even think I could go back” I continued… I glanced at him and saw him staring straight at me I got shy so I drew my sight in front of me.



“Ah… really, well it’s a good thing that you manage to come back right…? Welcome back… I mean for about 1 and a half hour more…” he chuckled…



Somehow I felt grateful to have him for a moment… at least I felt at ease for the entire flight… Since I got on the plane, all I felt was nervousness… we continued talking with each other until I grew comfortable with him.



“So… you’re one of those rich businessmen who are busy traveling the world eh..?” I asked him as I sipped on a cup of water.



“Not really, since the business is not mine it’s my parents… I’m just helping them..” there he goes with his warm smile again… somehow I admired him for being a responsible son…



“How about you… what do you do…?” I was taken a back with his question…



“Ahm… err… I don’t do anything… it’s kinda complicated…” is all I could manage to say… he chuckled again…



“It’s okay… I won’t ask you more about it…” I felt awkward again… silence filled between us…



After a while, the stewardess announced that the plane will land shortly… I felt nervous again, mixed emotions started to envelope me… but there’s no turning back now… I’ve waited for this moment to finally come back… I must strongly face everything now….



I held tight onto my seat’s handle…. I really couldn’t help but feel uneasy… sweats are forming on my forehead… then suddenly I felt something warm gripping on my hand… I glanced at it and saw him holding my hand…



“Are you okay…?” he asked me worriedly



“I-I’m just scared of landing….” I lied… but felt grateful that he’s there…



“Don’t worry… it’ll only take a couple of minutes…” he said as he tightened his grip on my hands…. Somehow I felt at ease again…



The plane finally landed and all the passengers got out…we’re still together until we got out of the plane… he even helped me with my other luggage… I find him really kind for bothering of helping me…



“Thank you so much… I guess this is goodbye now…” I said as I offered my hand



“You’re welcome… by the way, I’m Choi Seunghyun… I hope we could still see each other again… miss..?” come to think of it… we forgot to introduce ourselves while we’re still on board…



“Ah… Park Sandara…” as he reached my hand…



“Ah… Sandara… quite unique name…Sandara..” he repeated my name a couple of times as if he’s trying to memorize it…



He offered me a ride since he has a limo waiting for him… but I rejected him since he already helped me a lot… I told him that I have someone who’ll fetch me and I saw him got disappointed a bit … In the end, we bid goodbye to each other… but I really hope I could see him again…. What a good start for my comeback… I breathed deeply hoping I could bring out some courage for things that I would encounter next.






[Jiyong’s POV]



“Oppa, are you okay…? You seem so quiet lately… is something bothering you…? We were sitting on my car heading to a restaurant where we’re supposed to meet with our friends.



“Yes, I’m fine… maybe I’m just tired of too much work, my boss left me a lot of work before he went abroad and I finished them before he comes back today…” I tried to cover up the real reason of my uneasiness…



She caressed my cheeks… I glanced back to her and gave her a warm smile… I’ve been with her for a long time even when Dara is still here since she’s her best friend… when Dara left, she stayed by my side always… all these years she showed me love… I accepted her hoping that it would erase all the pain and memories of Dara… she’s part of my present now, I don’t want to hurt her because of my selfishness.

 

[Flashback 1year ago]

 

The crew had a get together on Daesung’s house… I don’t really want to come but Sohee pleaded me and dragged me to join them… at Daesung’s house, all of them were having so much fun while I preferred to stay at the corner drown with my own thoughts… every moment, Sohee would check on me but I stayed quiet for I really want to be alone.



I was leaning on my car to wait for Sohee for we’ll be going home when Youngbae approached me.



“Ji, are you okay?” he said as he tapped my shoulder



“Of course I am” I tried to tell him



“I know you’re not… it’s already been two years Ji..!” he tightened his grip on my shoulder then I shrugged it off…



“What do you mean by that..?” anger was starting to build up on me.



“I know you cant still forget about Dara… but please, it’s already been two years and you already have Sohee..!” I was taken a back with what he said



“You’re hurting Sohee with how you’re acting towards her and us..!” he continued



“What do you want me to do..!? Memories of her kept on hunting me..! A part of me is still hoping that she’ll come back..! I love her so much that it hurts trying to forget about her..!” I can’t help but to broke into tears…



All of the anger, longing and hoping were finally got out of my system… This is what I want, what I’ve been waiting for… to finally release all the pain inside of me… it took me two years suppressing these feelings…



“Ji, just always remember that you must still continue your life because it doesn’t only revolves around Dara… we are still here, your friends… we also miss her as much as you misses her but we can’t do anything about it since she decided to leave us without any reasons… it doesn’t mean that we should stop continuing our lives…”



After that confrontation, I tried my hardest to get back on the track of life just for the sake of my friends and myself.

 

[End of Flashback]

 

“Oppa, don’t stress yourself too much… I don’t want you to get sick… she said as we finally arrived at our destination



‘Yes… don’t worry… thanks for the concern Sohee…I said as I kissed her cheek… I saw her blushed and I chuckled with her expression. We got out of the car and made our way inside the restaurant.



“Oppa! Unnie! Over here!” Minji shouted as she waved her hand for us to come over. I chuckled with the maknae’s excitement upon seeing us… well, it’s been a long tie since we last hung out together… the crew is complete, except for Dara…



Nothing had changed in them, CL and Seungri are still bickering with each other, Bom and Youngbae are still sweet as ever, Minji and Daesung throwing each other their silly jokes…



I was having fun watching them and Sohee must’ve notice it for she held my hand and smiled at me… I wrapped my arm around her shoulders as we both watch our friends.



I had so much fun with them… we talked about the things we missed about each other since we’re all busy now with our works… none of us brought up about Dara because we know that once we bring it up, we’ll just feel sad and upset and I know that they’re also thinking about me.



I brought Sohee back to her house after the night with our friends..



“Oppa, did you have fun…?” She asked me as she hugged me tight



“Of course I did… I really miss hanging out with them… now go inside, it’s already late” I said as I released her.



She was about to go inside but she suddenly ran towards me and pecked on my lips… I was surprised with what she did.



“Saranghae Ji” she said as she quickly turned around and entered her house… I know that she knew I couldn’t answer her yet… I feel really guilty because I have never told her I love her because something’s still pulling me not to do it…



“Mianhe… Sohee” I whispered as I went to my car and drove off.