Chapter 21

I'm Sorry

“Seunghyun-ah… If it’s okay, I would like to have a day off tomorrow…?”




Dara asked Seunghyun once they were alone watching the others… Dara couldn’t help but to look for Jiyong once in a while… a part of her is worried that he may do something that could hurt Sohee… as much as she doesn’t want to… a part of her is hoping that he could settle things smoothly…




“Huh…? And why is that…? Aren’t you feeling good again…?”




Seunghyun asked her worriedly… enough to make her feel calm… good thing someone like him is with her to make her worries go away… for he’s on the other way around the one who’s bothered about her.




She smiled to his sweet act and can’t help but to land a gentle pinch on his high cheek bone… he just looked at her wonderingly while waiting for her answer…




“No I am not… you’re really funny you know…”




She saw him pouted before answering her back.




“Why am I funny…? If worrying about you feels like funny to you… then I’d rather spend my lifetime worrying about you… so that I know that makes you smile…”




She then blushed with his statement… since when did he became this cheesy…? she thought…




“Yah… you’re freaking me out a bit Seunghyun-ah…”




He just shrugged what she said and just smiled back at her.




“So… what’s your reason…? I just can’t let my employees have their way just because they are close to me…”




He said confidently looking afar with his chin held up but would steal glances on her… checking her expression… and she didn’t disappoint him with her cute expression on her face… he saw her face in disbelief and her lips turned into a pouting one… he smiled a bit but enough not for her to notice…




“Well… it’s just that… I’m planning to move out tomorrow from my hotel…”





He quickly turned to her once he heard the ‘move out’ in her statement… cutting her to finish her sentence.




“Huh..? What…?! Why…?! Where will you stay…?!”




He immediately bombarded her with his questions which caught her in surprise.




“Seunghyun-ah… let me finish first… aigoo…”




He then calmed down and listened to her…




“Well… I already found myself an apartment to stay… coz I think it would cost me more if I’d still stay at the hotel since I’m going to stay here at Korea for a while… I'm suppose to move out today but since we're still here... then I'll just move out tomorrow”




Somehow he felt relieved… for he thought she would go back abroad... just by thinking that she’s leaving or just moving out makes him feel uneasy…




“Oh… why didn’t you tell me about this back then…? I should have helped you looking for a place… and on second thought… why don’t you just stay at my house…?




He blurted out unconsciously… he saw her surprised face and when he realized what he just said… he too got surprised… but thinking that his house is big enough to accommodate her… and he would be so happy once he got to live with her in his house makes him drown in his own reverie.




“S- Seunghyun… you don’t have to… I could just stay in an apartment you know…”




She said shyly…. She never expected him inviting her to live at his house… thinking that he already helped her a lot… plus…. It would be inappropriate for an employee to live with his boss’s house…




He just accepted defeat… he knows she wouldn’t agree to him… well… at least he tried his luck.




“Oh… okay… but… where is it…? Tell me the address and can you manage to move out all by yourself…? I’ll ask people to help you…”




She quickly waved her hands to refuse him.




“Ani..! I can manage it all by myself… I only have my clothes… and that’s all… you don’t have to bother…”




“Then… I’ll just come with you tomorrow and help you carry them…”




He tried once again.




“Seunghyun-ah… really… you don’t have to bother… I know you still have a lot of things to do at work… and I don’t want to bother you just because of a simple moving out…”




She smiled to him but got nothing back from him… he’s quite disappointed for being rejected once… he just wants her not to feel tired… and he can’t believe that she’s thinking she could be a bother to him… were in fact she would never be…




He already set to himself that she will be one of his priorities from now on… but still… she keeps on pushing him away… even though not intentionally.




“Hey… are you mad…”




She poked him at his side… he just pouted… he heard her chuckled and turned to her with an expressionless face.




“Seunghyun-ah… don’t be mad… okay… then after your work… you could go there and help me arrange things… is it fine with you…?”




She saw his blank face turned into a happy one… he really looks like a child who finally got what he wants.




“Sure… sure… if you insist…”




He said teasingly which earned a pinch from her at his side.




“Ouch..! Just kidding… he-he… but wait… what about you’re furniture..? Do you want me to order some…?”




Her eyes widen again in disbelief… is he for real..? She thought… but thinking that he’s a one big millionaire shook away the thoughts… and that maybe it’s really easy for him to say and do those things…




“Aigoo… Seunghyun you’re really going to cause me a heart attack… well the room already has some furniture that I need… so I just need to arrange those and live there…”




He just nodded but still with a hint of disappointment… she noticed it once again and smiled to herself.




“Well… maybe I would need some kitchen wares… how can I cook for you once you visit there right…?”




She winked at him which caused him to blush… he nodded once again but now a sweet smile crept on his lips… and upon seeing it… she reached for his face and pinched his cheeks once again.




“You’re really cute…!”




She said while pinching his face




“I know…”




He said confidently… which earned a laugh from her… after a while… he too joined her laughing their lungs out…




--




“Okay… so everything is set… time to go home…!”




Bom said as they finally set their luggage back to their cars… the others especially the maknaes are still whining for they still want to spend time playing at the beach.




“Then we’ll just leave you here…no one is stopping you… we still have to work tomorrow you know…”




CL hissed to the pouting Seungri… and right then his pout turned into a forced smile as he s his arm with hers his face on her shoulder.




“Oh… I’m just kidding… he-he…”




CL just rolled her eyes and went to the car dragging him with her.





Bom dragged Youngbae with her once she saw her boyfriend watching the four making their way towards their car… he really loves getting in between and side to his friend Jiyong… and by the scene in front of them now… it’s not the time for Youngbae to dip himself… thinking that they don’t need to pry on what’s happening to the four afraid that it would get everything worse.




“Why...?” Youngbae asked her as they get into the car




“Just let them… you already done it before right… and it didn’t do you good…”




He realized that she’s right… he do really felt bad for confronting his friend back then… and now wished that he never done that before.




“Yeah… you’re right…”




Bom felt him feeling a little bit down… she knows he’s only doing it just because he’s concerned with his best friend…she too wants to help them and by not doing anything is the best way to help for the meantime... she reached for his face and cupped it between her hands




“My handsome boyfriend… I’m getting jealous that you’re thinking about other guys aside from your beautiful girlfriend…”




She pouted… and then saw her boyfriend’s little eyes widen in surprise… but then turned into a tiny slits after a while when he smiled.





“Oh… sorry baby… don’t worry you know I’m all yours…”





He said playfully… and after a while… they’re back from being sickeningly sweet with each other that Minji and Daesung caught once they got into the car with them.





“Eeew… unnie… oppa… can't you wait for you to get home..?”





Minji asked the two which quickly released each other… Daesung just snickered at them as he wrapped his arm around Minji’s shoulder… Youngbae then started the engine as they wave goodbye to the others who were left behind.





--




“So Jiyong… see you tomorrow…”




Seunghyun said as he purposely reached for Dara’s hand and held it… Dara can’t help but to be surprised… she quickly turned to Jiyong… and saw him flinched a bit but look away immediately while Sohee’s arm is wrapped with his.




“Yes… see you… take care...”




He then turned to Dara and she saw the sadness in his eyes… deep inside her she thinks that maybe he still didn’t told Sohee about it… somehow she felt relieved but at the same time she feels a little sad that she can’t be with him now… but then immediately shook away the little selfishness that’s starting in her.




She felt Seunghyun’s hand tightened it’s hold… maybe he noticed her spacing out… she thought…




She looked up to him and saw him smiled down at her.




“Come on… time to get you home…” He said... she nodded back.




Dara turned to Sohee who’s not looking straight at her.




“Uhm… bye Sohee-sshi…”




Dara said but only received a simple nod from Sohee… she saw how Sohee tightened her hold from Jiyong’s arm and can’t help but to wonder with her sudden actions… Dara glanced back at Jiyong one last time before Seunghyun guided her inside the car.




Seunghyun quickly turned the engine on cautious as to what’s Dara’s doing… he just want to take her away from Jiyong this time… how it pinched him inside while they were still with the other two earlier… Dara on the other side still oblivious to what’s Seunghyun’s feeling watched the two back through the side mirror.




She saw how Jiyong opened his mouth but then closed it after as if he wants to say something… she saw how their figures slowly fade away as their car drove off… she sighed and decided to just look outside…only the music inside his car could be heard... the heavens are starting to get dark… the trees along the road swayed as the wind blew them… hinting that a rain would fall any minute by now…




Seunghyun saw her as she watched Jiyong through the mirror earlier… he heard her sigh and it really broke his heart when he saw her sad face through a streak of her reflection through the car's window… and it pained him more to think that it pains her and not all because of him…




The rain started to fall… Dara watched as the drops of rain hit their window… watched as the road and the trees get soaked under the rain… wishing that it would also wash away every pain that she and Jiyong feels right now… she stayed quiet the entire ride… totally ignored the presence of someone who’s heart is also aching because of her…




Maybe he doesn’t have her heart by now…and maybe he will never have… but no matter what happens…seeing her in happiness is enough for him… and if that’s the only thing he could give her… to ease the sadness that Jiyong’s bringing her… he would stake his aching heart just to see her sweet smile.




Seunghyun glanced to her side and saw her sleeping soundly by now... the rain is still pouring down... maybe joining him in his sadness... the supposed to be happy get away resulted only with too much heartaches...




"Please let me heal your heart Dara...."




He whispered to her as he reached for some loose hair... not really waiting for an answer... for it's better for his heart to ache alone rather than to see the woman he loves suffering from the same pain he is suffering and worst is it's all not because of him.