Chapter 6

I'm Sorry

[Jiyong’s POV]



Ever since Seunghyun came all he did was to chuckle nonstop without any reasons… I don’t know what’s happening to him and it really freaks me out… He came up late and during the meeting, it seemed like his mind was flying anywhere… he’s not focusing on anything and when he made a mistake, he would just chuckle again…. I couldn’t help it anymore… he’s starting to irritate me…



“Hey hyung… what’s wrong with you today…?” I asked him when I went to his office



“What…? What’s wrong with me…?” then he flashed me a big grin which crept me out…



“You came late for work and you’re acting strange today… you kept on chuckling without any reasons… what’s wrong with you…?” I blurted out everything



“Jiyong-ah… I finally met her again….” He said still wearing that stupid grin



“What..? Who…?” I asked



“Dara… fate really brought us together…!” He yelled out of happiness…. Hearing just her name brings shiver throughout my body… they met again…? I want to be happy but I can’t… I don’t know why



“Aren’t you happy for me huh Jiyong…?” he asked when he noticed my silence



“Ah- ah… ye-yes… of course I’m happy for you….” I just said



“Yah Jiyong-ah…. I’ll make sure that I’ll never let go of her this time…” he said… I just nodded and tried to smile…. I know that I’m happy for him but I just can’t make myself to express it…



He began blabbering around on how beautiful she was… I just watched him as he happily started planning how to court her… it’s my first time to see him acting like a child…. Maybe he really has fallen for her…. I admit that I feel a little envy about his happiness… I remember myself acting like a child too because of love… and maybe now, I won’t be able to feel that way again…



[Dara’s POV]



My head hurts after the night of crying my eyes out… I looked at myself at the mirror in the bathroom… I look so wasted… I hate seeing myself being like this… I went back to bed but then I first checked out my phone… opened it and I was surprise to have so many massages and it all came just from one person…



‘Seunghyun-ah…’ I thought as a smile formed in my face



His massages warmed my heart a bit… it was full of concern for me but not for my phone… after reading of his messages I felt a little guilty for not being able to reply any of it… I was about to put my phone back on the table when it vibrated… I picked it up and saw a new message from him…



From Seunghyun:

Hi Dara… Good morning…! Have you eaten your breakfast already…? I hope you did… please be healthy… Take care and Have a Nice Day…!



I smiled again… he’s really sweet… at least he made me forget about the heartache I’m suffering right now… I decided to reply on his message…


- Hi Seunghyun… sorry for not able to reply on your messages yesterday… Good morning too…! I’m going to eat later… Thanks for reminding me… kekekeke… have a nice day too…!-



After I send the message my phone began vibrating again… I looked at it and saw that he’s calling me… I quickly picked it up…



“Dara….! It’s okay… actually I’m so happy that you replied today… I thought you gave a wrong number to me… hehehehe… but at least now I know that it’s really yours…” he said chuckling



“Why would I do that…? It’s just that I’m a little busy yesterday so I wasn’t able to check my phone…”


“Ah is that so…? I hope you’re done with your business now…” he said… well yes… maybe I’m already done with it…. I felt sad remembering about it again…


“Seunghyun… aren’t you busy today..? I thought you have work…” I tried changing the topic


“Ah… yes I have… well it’s my free time right now so it’s okay… I just want to hear your voice right now and check on you…” I blushed a bit with what he said…


“That’s so sweet of you Seunghyun… well I’m doing fine right now…”


Our conversation through the phone lasted longer than I thought… If I didn’t told him that I’m going to eat my breakfast maybe he wouldn’t hang up… he’s really adorable… he’s just like Jiyong back then….



[Sohee’s POV]



I felt a little relieve after talking with Dara… I know I’m the worst friend for her but I don’t care about that for now… as long as I could keep Jiyong with me… I know that Dara will never tell him that I know the reason she left… She’s too good to hurt me and I know that she understood that everything really changed now… I just hope that they’ll not see each other again…. I hope that Dara would just go back to abroad and never come back here again…



Today seems to be a very fine day for me…. Jiyong was a little sweeter to me than usual… I don’t know what’s with him but I’m happy with it … I also got promoted for doing a good job… everything seems like going smoothly for me… I don’t want to worry about Dara anymore… I know that she understands everything for me…



I decided to have a little celebration for my promotion… I’m planning to make a dinner with Jiyong and the rest of the crew… After work, I first called Bom to accompany me in buying some ingredients for our little gathering…



At the supermarket…



“Sohee-ah… I’m so proud of you… I knew you could do it…. I think you have everything now… a perfect job and a perfect boyfriend…” Bom said happily as she’s pushing the cart…



“Thanks… well… I guess luck is on my side now…” I said… well it’s true I think… but there’s still something missing… I still need to get his heart… then everything would be perfect…



As we were busy walking and looking for ingredients… Bom suddenly stopped on her track… I looked back at her and the expression on her face was somewhat she saw a ghost…



“Bom… what’s wrong…?” I asked her… she pointed something on my back so I turned around and I was surprised to see her again…



“Dara…” Bom said



[Dara’s POV]


I decided to go to the supermarket because I didn’t brought much supplies with me… but I didn’t expect that I would see Bom and Sohee there… I already decided not to show up to them anymore just not to make things complicated… but I guess fate wouldn’t let me just to get away with them…



“Dara…” Bom said… her face was so shock upon seeing me… Sohee is beside her and also wearing a shock face…



“Bom…I…” I was about to say more but Bom quickly approached me and hugged me tight



“Dara… is this really you…? Oh my God… you’re finally back…!” she said as she released me and faced me



“Yes it’s me…” is al I could manage to say… I could see Sohee behind Bom wearing an unreadable expression on her face now… I suddenly felt guilty for having to meet them…



Bom looked back and grabbed Sohee’s hand and pulled her to us…



“Sohee-ah… it’s Dara…! She’s finally back…!’ she said shaking Sohee’s hand… all she could manage to do is to smile… but I know that she’s not too happy to see me again… Bom turned to me again and ignored Sohee’s reaction



“Dara… you have so many explaining to do…” she said… I know… but I don’t know what I will do now that I promised Sohee not to stir up things anymore…



“Come with us…” Bom said..



“Where…?” I asked



“To meet up with everyone…” she said…



‘What…? Everyone…? I’m still not ready to meet everyone now that I don’t know how to explain everything…’ I thought… then suddenly Sohee pulled Bom to face her



“Bom... but Ji’s there…” Sohee said…. Bom tapped her shoulder as if she knew what Sohee meant



“But still we need to hear her explanation… Sohee-ah…” she said



In the end I still went with them… my heart kept on pounding hard… the ride towards Sohee’s apartment was so quiet… I’m so nervous to what will happen… I know that I’ll finally be able to meet him… but I don’t know how I will react once we meet…



We arrived in her house after a while…it’s my first time to enter Sohee’s house… they went to the kitchen to prepare foods for dinner while I quietly sat down on her couch… I noticed so many pictures of her and Jiyong around her living room… I felt my heart stung by seeing him with another girl… they look so happy together which brought more pain…



After a while of waiting… one by one, our friends came…Seungri and CL arrived first then Daesung and Minji… then Youngbae…. Just like Bom earlier, all of them were so surprise to see me again… But no one ever dared to ask me first about why did I left… maybe they are still waiting for Jiyong before hearing my explanation...



We were all sitting in the living room… Seungri, CL, Daesung and Minji were all happy to see me… I don’t know about Younbae… I couldn’t blame him since he’s Ji’s friend… he acted cold to me while the others are asking me happily how am I doing these past years…



Then finally he came… We were all busy talking when he entered the apartment… we immediately stopped and looked on his direction… Bom and Sohee got out from the kitchen to see Jiyong… I finally see him again…



I don’t know but I’m sure he’s the same guy I saw yesterday… his hair isn’t blonde anymore… there are not much change in his face… he’s still as handsome as before…I couldn’t help but to feel very happy upon seeing him again, but I don’t know about him since I couldn’t read the expression on his face….



[Jiyong’s POV]



I quickly went to Sohee’s apartment but first I dropped by to a flower shop to buy some roses… I’m so happy about her accomplishments…



The crew will also be there… I entered her apartment and I could hear their voices quickly but someone else’s voice caught my attention… When they noticed my arrival… they all looked up to me and there I saw her….



I don’t know if my eyes are playing with me… but I’m sure she’s now here… After three years she’s back… I don’t know what to feel… mixed emotions started to build up on me… I didn’t notice that I unconsciously gripped on the flowers I’m holding…



‘Why… why did she come back…?’ Why now…?’ I thought… everything is happening too fast… First I’m just hearing her name from Seunhyun and now she’s here…. My feet stayed glued on the ground… I don’t know if I could manage to enter the room completely… silence filled my surrounding… not until Youngbae broke that silence



“Jiyong… you’re here” he said



I quickly snapped out… Sohee quickly approached me and kissed me on the cheek… I saw Dara looked away when Sohee did that… I just watch her… watch her every move… Sohee began saying something to me but I cant hear any of her words not until she held my hand and shook it a little… I finally turned to her



“Oppa… are the flowers for me…?” she said… I saw sadness in her eyes and I know why… I quickly shook my thoughts and offered her the flowers I bought



“Ye-yes… congratulations on your promotion…” then I hugged her... I turned my gaze back to Dara and saw her looking back at me… my heart began to thump hard again… I clutched on my chest but it won’t stop on pounding hard…



Then Sohee held my hand tighter…



“Oppa… lets go and have some dinner…” she said… as I smiled back



My friends and Dara all went to the kitchen and sat… at first it was a complete silence not until Bom asked the one thing we all need to hear from her…



“Dara… now that we’re all here… tell us what really happened… why did you leave without saying something…” Bom said… we stopped from eating and all eyes were on her… I saw her flinched and as if she’s scared about something…



She looked at me and Sohee… then sighed deeply… I don’t know but seeing her like this pains my heart… it’s as if she’s hiding something big… sadness could be seen in her eyes but I shrugged off the feeling… I also want to hear her reasons…



[Dara’s POV]



I knew that this will happen eventually…



I looked up to Jiyong first… seeing him again pains me… then I looked up to Sohee… I could feel the sadness in her… I knew that she really loves Jiyong and by telling them the truth would definitely ruin everything between them…. I don’t want to end things up like that… I came back not to ruin everything…



“The truth is… I received a scholarship abroad… Everything happened so fast… that I didn’t told you about it… I’m sorry…” I said… I cant think of any reasons and that’s the first thing that came up to my mind… I looked down because I don’t want to see the expression on their faces…



“Are you sure that’s the real reason…?” Jiyong finally spoke… I immediately look up and just nodded



“Then why didn’t you tell us…? You know, we can understand it if you told us…” Youngbae said… I know that he’s mad at me but he’s just suppressing it…



“I-I don’t know… it’s a really great opportunity for me… and thinking about you guys is keeping me to hold back from grabbing that opportunity…” I said… then silence



“I can’t understand you…. I can’t believe that you’re that stupid and selfish Dara…” Youngbae finally blurted out… Bom immediately scolded him but I’m okay with it… I know that they’ll hate me if I say that… but that’s the only thing I could do so that everything around them now won’t change….



“Noona… if you could’ve just told us… we would definitely understand… we’ll surely support you all the way…” Seungri said



“I’m sorry Seungri-ah… I’m really sorry…” I said as I bowed my head down again…



“Well… past is past…what’s good is that you’re back unnie…!’ Minji said… Daesung and CL nodded….



“Thanks…” is all I could manage to say… the rest of the dinner went good even though I felt awkward because Jiyong and Sohee aren’t speaking… after the dinner all of us decided to go home… Almost everyone already left only Jiyong, Sohee, Bom, Youngbae and I are still at Sohee’s apartment… I told them that I’ll be heading home but Jiyong suddenly spoke up.



“I’ll bring you home… if you don’t mind…” he said to me coldly… Sohee immediately went to him and then Jiyong whispered something to her and after a while she agreed…



“No Jiyong… I can manage to go home alone…” I said



“I insist…” he said… I got scared with his voice for it’s my first time hearing it from him… Bom and Youngbae immediately went out of the house and bid goodbye… leaving me to agree on his invitation…



The ride was so quiet… I didn’t dare looking on him… I just look outside the window hoping that the ride would be quick so I could finally escape this awkward moment… then suddenly he parked the car… I looked outside but it’s still not my place… I looked back at him and my heart thumped hard again… he’s still looking in front of him when he finally broke the silence…



“Since when did you learn how to lie Dara…?” he said coldly…