Chapter 12

I'm Sorry

[Seunghyun’s POV]



Right after the meeting, Dad immediately got out of the conference room without even waiting for me… I think it’s a bad idea to tell him that Dara’s my assistant.




After I talked with the other board members… who are congratulating me… I quickly followed dad… I looked like a fool running inside the building… Dad…! What if he scares Dara off…!




Then there I saw him standing in front of her… my eyes widened as he asked her if she’s Sandara… oh my God… doesn’t he know that it would make him a creepy old man… I saw Dara face and I know she’s surprised.




“Dad…!” I quickly called him before he could say more… he looked at me with a big smile plastered on his face… I can’t believe him…




“Oh… son…! I’m sorry I didn’t wait for you… I’m just excited to meet… Unmmph..!” before he could finish, I unconsciously covered his mouth… I saw Dara’s eyes grew wide… Great…! Now, maybe she thinks I’m a creep too… All thanks to my smart dad.




I immediately dragged him inside my office while I’m still covering his mouth… After I closed the door… I released him… I glared at him but all he just smiled back.




“What…?” he asked me innocently




“Dad…! I told you last night not to scare her…!” I stomped my feet like a child but I didn’t care… my parents are starting to make me crazy…! They’re more excited than I am…!




“I didn’t scare her… I just ask her if she’s Sandara…” he simply said




“But dad… she doesn’t know you… so of course she’ll wonder how you knew her name…”




“Oh…! I didn’t think of that… sorry… haha…” God…! Is he really my father…?




“But son… she’s really beautiful…! I’m so proud to be his future father-in-law…” he said dreamingly.




“Aissh… dad…! Could you please stop acting like mom… we’ll go back there and talk to her again… please don’t say any unnecessary words… dad…!” I turned to him seeing him not even listening to me.




“Arasso… son…” he said while chuckling.



We went out again… Dara bowed once she saw us…



“Dara… sorry about earlier… it’s just that I have mentioned you to Dad once… and he easily gets excited whenever I have a new friend…” I hope she’ll believe me… then I saw her smile.



“Oh… really… it’s okay Seunghyun… Mr. Choi I’m pleasure to meet you…” she said as she turned to my dad and bowed… I looked at dad and saw him smiling at Dara… I cant help but to feel warm inside… I’m glad he likes her.




“Sandara… I’m sorry about earlier… did I scare you dear…?” finally… he now acts normal.




“Mr. Choi… don’t worry you didn’t…” she said shyly… omo… she’s so cute… I found myself enjoying watching them…




“That’s good… well I’m Choi Taesuk … Seunghyun’s dad… you can also just call me da-…” I elbowed him before he could say what I am thinking…




“I mean… you can just call me uncle…” he said while grinning… I looked at Dara and then saw half opened and her eyes widened again.




“Oh…no Mr. Choi…! I can’t do that sir….! You’re Mr. Choi… and you’re my boss… and you’re Seunghyun’s dad… who’s also my boss… and you own this company… I can’t possibly…” she’s not making any sense… I was about to laugh but dad beat me into it… he laughed so loud which caused Dara to stop from talking.




“I didn’t know you’re also funny Sandara…” dad said while wiping off his tears from laughing… Dara just stood there bowing her head and playing with her fingers…




“Okay… I won’t force you if you don’t want…” dad said after seeing Dara being shy… well I guess it’s time for me to step in their conversation… I cleared out my throat and both of them looked at me.




“Dara… have you eaten lunch already…” I asked her changing the topic.




“Ah yes Seunghyun-ah…” she answered…




“Well good… and Dad… you still have some appointments to attend right…?” I looked at dad while raising a brow hinting him that he needs to go now… maybe he got it for he smiled back.




“Right… oh well… I have to go now… I enjoyed this short conversation with you Sandara… I hope I’ll get to see you again… I’m so glad that Seunghyun met someone like you…” he said as he shook hands with Dara… I led him until we got to his car.




“Seunghyun… I really like her… she’s so adorable… your mom will really like her too…” Dad said as we got out from the building




“Thanks dad… don’t worry I’ll try to invite her for a dinner with you and mom…”




“Okay… I’ll look forward to that… well I got to go… I still need to accompany your mom in shopping…” he said before entering his car…




After dad left, I went back immediately to see Dara… gosh… I miss her already… I’ve been so busy these days that I only got to see her during lunch and sometimes dinner…




[Dara’s POV]


Seunghyun’s dad is really adorable… maybe that’s where Seunghyun got his sweet personality… they really look funny earlier… sometimes, I’m wondering if Seunghyun really owns this company…




His dad is really warm… but he surprised me when he told me that I could just call him uncle… of course I couldn’t possibly do that… I’m his employee…




“Dara… I’m really sorry about dad…” Seunghyun he said as soon as he came back.




“Oh Seunghyun… really it’s fine… you’re dad’s so adorable…”




“So did Jiyong accompany you to lunch…? Did he snob you or something…? Is he still awkward with you…?” he asked me




“No… not at all… we managed to talk… aren’t you tired…? You’re so busy these days…” I unconsciously reached for his face and caressed it… omo… what am I doing…? Upon realizing what I’m doing, I quickly pulled my hands back… I saw him blushing which made me blush too…




“Uhh… ahmmm… no… I’m not that tired… thanks for the concern…” he said looking away… this is awkward… why did I do that…? I pretended to clear my throat and then sat on my chair…




“Uhmmm… I should continue my work now… ha-ha…” I said…




“Ye-yes… I should go back to my office now…. Ha-ha…” he said as he awkwardly marched inside his office…




After he left… I sighed in relief… why am I feeling this way… my heart wont stop from beating so fast… I could feel my cheeks burning… I’m just worried about him… that’s all…




“Dara…” someone suddenly called me… I looked towards the voice and saw Jiyong standing not from afar…. He looks so serious… Did he see us…? Omo… but… but why should I be nervous… it’s not like I’m doing something wrong right…?




“Ji-jiyong… what are you… doing here…?” I stuttered… he slowly approached me and I can’t help not to feel nervous… I stood up and now he’s only inches away from me… he still looks serious that it scares me now… I gulped down the lump in my throat.




We stared for a while until he looked away first… what’s happening to him…?




“Is Seunghyun already in his office…?” he said still looking away.




“Yes…” I answered back.




“Uhmm… well Bom called me… she said that the crew has a get together this weekend… she doesn’t know your number… I already told them that we’re working in the same company… and she wants me to ask you if you could come with us…? He said in one go…




“Come where…? You know each other…?” Jiyong and I quickly looked from where the voice came from…




“Seunghyun…” Jiyong and I said in unison.




“You know each other…?” he repeated his question again… I could see a crease forming in his forehead…. He heard us…! Oh my God… what should I answer… I felt myself stiffened as Seunghyun continuously stared us suspiciously.




“N-…” I was about to answer no when suddenly Jiyong spoke.




“Yes…” he said… I quickly looked at him as my eyes widened… oh my God… this day has so many surprises… why is this happening to me… why did he admit it..! He said that we’ll play as strangers…! But why now this…?




“Yes…? What…? I can’t understand you Jiyong…” Seunghyun said as he slowly approached us… I just decided to stay quiet after all I can’t even let out a voice…




“Well… I just knew recently that Dara here is my girlfriend’s best friend… and that she’s also quite close with my other friends… she’s been out of the country for years that I didn’t get to meet her back then….” Jiyong smoothly explained… I looked at Seunghyun and saw his crease slowly disappears…




“Is this true Dara…?” he said in a calm voice as he looked at me.




“Ye-yes… I’m sorry I didn’t tell you… I forgot about it…” I said bowing my head… I looked up and saw him smiling.




“It’s fine… it’s really a small world isn’t it…. Well at least now you could be much comfortable with each other…” he said… I’m glad he believed Jiyong…




“So where are you going…? Can I come…?” Seunghyun suddenly said happily…




“Neh…?” Jiyong and I both said in unison.