Chapter 14

I'm Sorry

“Clothes…?”


“Check”

 


“Toothbrush…?”
 


“Check”


“Your medicines…?”


“Oooh… that’s it… I almost forgot…. Wait… I’ll go get it…”




She went back to her room to get her medicines… she saw him shaking his head as soon as she got back on him.




“Aishh… good thing I remembered it… of all the important things you could forget to bring… you chose to forget your medicines…” he said shaking his head which made her chuckled.



“That’s why you’re here Seunghyun-ah… to always remind me of that… Now come on… we don’t want to be the last people coming right…” she said as she wrapped her arm with his and dragged him excitedly… a smile crept on his face as he saw how their arms intertwined with each other.





Since the day she was admitted to the hospital, Seunghyun has always been the one to remind her of taking her medicines since she always forgets it… they look more like of a father and daughter than being friends.





“Wait… wait… haha… let me carry your bag…” he said while chuckling





“No I can carry it…” she slowed her pace





“Nah… let me carry it…” before she could refuse him again, he immediately reached for her bag and grabbed it away from her grip… all she could do is to just pout…





“You’re so cute when you do that…” he said as he looked at her beside him





“I know...” she winked at him and made a wide grin as she cuddled her toy with her other arm…





Just by a simple expression from her could make him feel giddy easily… and as he saw how she hugged her toy tight, he can’t help but to feel a little envy over it.





They arrived at his car… and today he’ll be the one driving…. He put her luggage at the trunk as she rest herself on the passenger’s seat… he sat beside after he finished fixing their luggage…





“Safety first…” he turned to her smiling as he reached for her seatbelt and buckled it… she blushed by the sudden closeness of their bodies… he’s really caring… she thought.





“Okay… let’s go…




He started the engine and the radio…




♪ I Don't Care…. Geumanhallae…. ♪




“Oooh… this is my favorite song…” Dara suddenly said… Seunghyun turned to her and he chuckled when he saw her copying the hand gestures of the song’s steps… she’s holding her toy on her other hand as she leaned towards him doing the steps…





“Haha… you’re so cute…!” Seunghyun said… he then swayed his head while driving as she continued singing and doing the steps… laughter filled his car until the song ended.





“Hayy… I feel tired…” Dara said as she slumped back on her seat and hugged her toy tightly.





“Oh… are you okay…? That’s because you’re so into the song earlier… water…? You want…?” Seunghyun immediately asked her worriedly… she chuckled by his sudden behavior.





“No… I’m fine… he-he… you’re cute when you’re worried…” she which made him blush a little.





“Waaaah… you’re blushing…!” she yelled as she tickled him a little on his side that made him twitched





“Dara… stop it…! I’m driving you know…” he said between chuckles and after a while she stopped.





“Why are you so energetic today…?” Seunghyun asked her





“Well… maybe I’m just excited for later… it’s really been a while since I last went out of town…” she said looking outside the window a smile painted on her face…





He glanced at her and can’t help but to feel happy seeing her smile… he knows her situation back then so he realized that their trip today is really what she deserves…





After a while of driving… silence suddenly filled the atmosphere… he glanced at her again and saw her already fast asleep hugging her toy tightly… her hair covering her face…





‘She must be really tired…’ he thought as he sighed…





He slowly parked his car first at the side of the street, careful not to wake her up… then he reached for her to shift her in a more comfortable position.





“Mmmm… are we here already…?” she mumbled while her eyes closed





“Not yet… you can sleep more…” he said silently… he brushed her hair away from her face and upon seeing her face, he felt his heart raced once again… he tucked her hair behind her ears… he can’t help but to caress her smooth face and let out a sigh.





“Why am I so in love with you…?” he whispered not waiting for an answer.





“Tam-tamie…” she suddenly murmured as she hugged her toy tighter… a smile formed in his lips… he got back on his seat and started to drive again… he’ll check on her every now and then and can’t help but to be amazed hearing her speaking in her sleep.





“We’re already here… where are you…?” Jiyong called them





“Oh… we’re nearly there…” Seunghyun answered whisperingly





“Why are you whispering…? So Dara’s with you right…?”





“Yes… we’ll she’s sleeping so I don’t want to wake her up…”





“Ah… uhmmm… yeah… we’ll… we’ll just wait for you…”





“Okay…”





Good thing he already knows where the place is so he doesn’t need to wake her up… seeing her sleeping peacefully made him drive slowly and carefully… afraid to wake her up… so instead of three hours driving… it took them almost four hours until they arrived at the place…





It’s already lunch time that they’ve arrive… she’s still sleeping not until she felt the car stopped… he watched her as she stretched her arms while her eyes are still closed… then she rubbed her eyes with the back of her hands while she’s still holding her toy with her other hand…





She looks like a kid when she’s newly awake… he reached for her and brushed some of her hair that’s covering her face again.





“Oh… we’re here already….!” She said as her eyes immediately widened and looked around.





“Yup…! He smiled before going out of the car… she too got outside helping him with their luggage…





“Oh… I can manage this Dara… you just go with them and let them know that we’re already here…” he said as he got their luggage out of the trunk.





“Hmmm… okay…” she said.





Memories of the past suddenly hit her again as she started her way towards their beach house… how they always go in this place to unwind… together with the rest of the crew and especially with ‘him’… she smelled the breeze of the beach’s scent…. Just like back then… it makes her feel calm and relaxed… nothing had change… the same feeling as back then…





As she reached the house, the first person she saw is ‘him’… his hands rested on top of the house’s railing… looking afar towards the sea… his hair brushes with the flow of the wind… he’s only wearing a plain white shirt and a beach shorts but still he looks so handsome…





She can’t help but to feel her heart racing so fast… she clutched on her chest to make the feeling go away but as much as she watched him, her heart won’t stop beating crazily…and as if he felt he’s being watched, he slowly turned to her side…





Seeing her in front of him make his heart feel fluttered again… she looks beautiful just by wearing a simple yellow dress… her hair let loose as it dances with the wind… her pale complexion changed as the sun’s rays touches her skin… she looks like a goddess…





His eyes gazes on her figure until he saw something familiar that she’s holding… a small smile crept on his face when he saw the violet, weird looking toy she’s holding… memories of her with ‘it’ replayed in his mind… the so called ‘child’ of theirs is still with her…





Their eyes met each other… for a while they just stared at each other… no one dared to talk… it’s as if the time suddenly stopped… it’s as if it’s their first time to meet each other… silence enveloped the both of them not until someone broke their moment.





“Oh… Dara… you’re finally here…!” Bom suddenly caught both of their attention when she got out of the house trailing behind her their other friends.





“Nuna…! Nuna…! I miss you…!” Seungri and Minji both said in unison as they both ran towards Dara and gave her a tight hug.





“Ssantoki…!” CL approached her next and also gives her a hug… The others just watched them with smiles on their faces… except Sohee who’s now feeling nervous because of Dara’s presence.





Seunghyun finally reached the house holding both of their luggage… he can’t help but to also feel happy with the scene in front of him… her friends really loves her… he thought…





“Oh… Seunghyun-ah…!” She called him when she shifted her gaze towards his side… her friends quickly let go of her as curiosity crept up on them…





“Hyung… let me carry that for you…” Daesung immediately offered his help.





“Oh… thanks-”





“Kang Daesung…. But just call me Daesung…” Daesung finished his sentence as he got one of the bags.





Soon after him… others also started to introduce themselves… they are all warm in welcoming him… Youngbae and Bom can’t help but to steal glances between Jiyong and Dara…






They first all had lunch… Seunghyun and Dara sat beside each other while Sohee and Jiyong across them… At first all of them except Seunghyun who doesn’t know anything can’t help but to feel awkward with their seating arrangement… but with the help of the antics that the maknaes showed the awkward atmosphere turned into a happy and lively one…





Seunghyun now feels like somehow he’s already part of their group which made him and Dara feel happy about… She’s right about her friends being really warm and friendly.





“So Hyung… where did you and Dara nuna first met…?” Seungri asked Seunghyun





“At the airplane going back here…” he answered





“Wow… really…? And after that you already became friends…?” It’s Minji turn to ask him.





“Ahmmm… well… not really after that…” Seunghyun explained everything that happened about their encounter and how did they became friends… Dara helped him to explain things to their friends… all of them just nodded and listened to their story… the maknaes can’t help but to feel amazed at some point.





Jiyong just listened to their story quietly as he eats his food… after all he already knows about them… he can’t help but to steal some glances on Dara… her smiles whenever she talked about her and Seunghyun’s story makes him a little piss… he doesn’t know why but it just make him feel that way… Sohee who’s beside him could feel him being totally quiet…





“Oppa… are you okay…” she aked him silently… at first he didn’t notice her asking him until she held his hand… Dara saw how their hands touched each other which made her pause a little but then recovered immediately





“Ah- huh…? What is it…?” Jiyong asked her.





“You’re so quiet… something wrong…?” she asked him





“Ah… nothing… don’t mind me… I’m fine…” he didn’t intend to sound cold but it sounded like he is…





Sohee just sighed and turned her gaze towards the two in front of them… she felt a pinch in her heart as she realized why he’s being like that… she knows that somehow Jiyong is jealous with what he’s seeing right now… she shook off the thoughts immediately and just focused on eating…





‘There’s no way he’s jealous… he doesn’t love her anymore…’ she thought and insisted in herself.