Chapter 15

I'm Sorry

Seeing Dara and Seunghyun close with each other can’t help but to raise some curiosity among the crew… Youngbae keeps on checking Jiyong’s expressions whenever Dara’s with Seunghyun… and he knows it bothers his friend upon seeing the two.


Bom on the other hand paid attention to Dara… she’s really close to Seunghyun but still she could see in her expression whenever Jiyong’s with Sohee that something’s bothering her friend.


They all decided to spend time in the beach after their lunch… but Dara volunteered to wash their dishes first before joining them… Seunghyun also volunteered to help her… their friends all agreed… they all headed outside and left the two alone.


Jiyong sighed as soon as they got out… leaving the two alone makes him feel a little bit uneasy… he wondered why did Dara suddenly volunteered to wash the dishes when back then she’s the first one who wants to play in the beach… she loves swimming and dipping till afternoon and even till the sun sets out


His friends are now playing in the water… he told Sohee that he’ll first stay at the shore… she don’t want to force him so she just nodded and went to join their friends… he sat on a beach bench thinking about the two who are left in the house.


“Hey Ji… you okay…?” Youngbae tapped his shoulder which made him to wake up from his thoughts


“Huh… of course… why…?” he asked


“You seem like... you’re not yourself today… is it because of Dara…?” Youngbae asked him directly… it feels like he really knows what’s going on in Jiyong’s mind.


“What made you think that…?” he answered his question with another question


“You’re okay this morning not until they came…”


“No… I’m fine… really…”


“Are you sure…? Oh well… You know what… It seems like Seunghyun likes Dara…” his statement made Jiyong immediately turned to him


“Those stares that he’s giving to her were just like the way you gave her back then… you know what I mean…?” Youngbae continued… he knows that Jiyong's already over their relationship but hearing those remarks still could prick Jiyong's heart…


“I don’t know…” Jiyong said silently even though he already knows how Seunghyun’s totally head over heels over Dara.


“Jiyong… you’re still not over her aren’t you…? Don’t lie to me because I already know how you’re feeling right now… you’re jealous seeing them aren’t you…?” Youngbae said… it struck Jiyong… hard… his friend totally uncovered everything that he keeps on denying this past few days… no… weeks.


“Where is this conversation going…?” Jiyong asked as he feels a little irritated now


“I’m sorry for forcing everything on you back then…” Youngbae suddenly blurted out


“What…? What do you mean…?”


“About you moving forward… I shouldn’t have done that… it’s just that you were a wreck back then… I didn’t expect everything would turn out to be like this…”


“I can’t understand you Youngbae… I already moved on… with or without your help… I will eventually make myself to forget about everything in the past… you don’t have to blame yourself for that…”


“I don’t know Ji… maybe it’s just me feeling that… I’m sorry… you already have Sohee now, I shouldn’t be talking about these things to you…”


“It’s okay…” Jiyong forced out a chuckle


Soon after their conversation… they started to join their friends in the water… Jiyong shook away the thoughts about Dara and Seunghyun and made himself focus on enjoying their get together since this gathering only comes rare for them these times.


After Seunghyun and Dara finished the work inside, they immediately went to where their friends are…


“You’re not going to swim…?” Seunghyun asked her as she sat on a beach bench


“I’ll just stay here… you can go and join them…”


“Why… what’s wrong…? Do you feel tired again…?” he sat beside her


“No… I’m fine… really… I’ll just stay here… I’m contented to just watch you and the others playing… come on Seunghyun-ah… go with them…”


“Eh…? You don’t want me here…? You’re pushing me away now…” he teased as he pouted and pinched her cheeks… they don’t know that someone from afar is watching them…


As much as Jiyong wants to shook away the thoughts of the two... him seeing them together didn't help him... they used to be that way back then... always teasing each other while the others are busy playing... he can't help but to feel envious... and as much as he deny in himself... he is so jealous seeing her with him....




"Oppa... come on...!" Sohee yelled at him as she tossed her the ball... he shifted his gaze away from the two and continued playing with his friends.




-----




“Aw…! No I am not… it’s just that I want you to enjoy yourself and not busying yourself in worrying about me… plus I also want you to join my friends more” Dara chuckled after he released her cheeks… she caressed her cheeks that are now a shade of pink.




“Hmmm… okay… if that’s what you want… you sure that you’re not going…?” he asked her as he stood up from the bench




“Yes… I’m fine here… I’ll take some of your pictures…” she said as she got a camera with the bag she brought.




“Hehe… okay…” he waved back at her when he reached the waters… she quickly snapped a picture of him… a smile crept on his face… she continued taking pictures of them in the water…




They all seemed very happy… playing together… she cant help but to also take pictures of Jiyong… not realizing that she’s almost focusing on him… his laughter… his different expressions… she wanted to take every shots of it… she then realized what she’s doing when suddenly Jiyong turned to her direction… she saw him through her camera that he’s looking straight at her with a blank expression…




She quickly turned her focus to the others… and when she check back on him, she can’t see him anymore… she put out the camera and she saw Jiyong slowly approaching her and still with a blank expression… she looked at the others who are still busy playing and maybe didn’t notice the absence of Jiyong…




Inside her, she panicked… she don’t know but she doesn’t want to be alone with him… she don’t know what to do… and now he’s only inches away from her… she just stiffened until he sat beside her…




“Why aren’t you joining us…?” he asked while he’s staring to their friends… she turned to him only to see his serious face




“Uhmm… I’ll just take pictures of you…”




“You used to love swimming…” he stated…




He’s right… she used to love it… not until she had her illness… she doesn’t know but right now, she really feels tired her head hurts a little… and hated it since she couldn’t make herself enjoy with her friends…




“Well… that was back then… hehe” she faked a laugh…




He turned to her… their eyes met once again… but she quickly looked away as she felt uncomfortable with his piercing gaze… she wonders why he’s looking at her that way… silence enveloped them… she could feel beads of sweat starting to form on her forehead… she doesn’t know if it’s because of the humid weather or because of his melting stares.




Then he suddenly stood up… she immediately looked up to him wondering what’s he gonna do next…




“I’m going back” he simply said as he started walking back to their friends




“O-okay…” she answered even though he’s already far… he’s acting weird today… she thought…




She continued taking pictures of them and now she’s cautious not to focus on ‘him’ only… the sun is still set high and the atmosphere is really warm… and it seems that her headache is getting worse… she remembered taking her medicine after lunch so she’s wondering by the sudden headache she’s feeling.




She decided to just go back in the house and take another medicine so that maybe her headache will vanish… she doesn’t want to bother everyone since they all looked they’re enjoying playing…




But as soon as she stood up from the bench… she felt her self getting dizzy… she supported herself by holding at the bench… she also tried closing her eyes for a while… when she opened it she thought everything’s better but when she started her track, a great wave of pain struck inside her head.




She began getting dizzy again… she tried to ask for her friends’ help but she can’t let her voice out… suddenly her vision turned dark… and slowly her body crashed on the warm sand.




Jiyong noticed her odd moves when she stood up from the bench earlier… and when she saw her suddenly fell, he felt his heart jumped… fear started to creep on him and adrenaline suddenly rushed into him as he quickly ran out of the water towards her…




The others saw him as he run towards the shore and they quickly knew what’s wrong when they saw Dara’s body slumped on the sand.




“Dara…!” Seunghyun yelled as he too quickly ran towards her




[Jiyong’s POV]




As soon as I arrived at her… I quickly kneeled down and carefully pulled her body up from the warm sand I held her body with my other arm as I brushed the hair away from her face… she’s sweating so much and her face looks so pale…





“Dara… Dara… wake up…” I caressed her pale face hoping she would wake up… I feel very panicked right now… I didn’t even notice the others who are running towards us.




She’s okay earlier… but why did she suddenly fainted... Seunghyun arrived while yelling her name… he then quickly got Dara away from my arms…




“Dara…! Dara…! Oh my God Dara…!” he yelled as he taps her face softly trying to make her regain to consciousness… just like me… he’s also in panic




I just stiffened at my position seeing her so pale and unconscious… I feel very worried about her… the others came as well and were really worried about Dara.





"What happened...?" They all asked they started to surround her.





“Hyung… we better bring her to the room…” Youngbae said to Seunghyun.






“Yes Seunghyun-sshi… we better just put her there… maybe it’s because of the hot weather that’s why she fainted…” Bom said trying to calm Seunghyun




Seunghyun nodded and slowly carried Dara in his arm… Her fragile body tucked in his arms.... my heart feels like it wants to explode... I don’t know but… I feel like I want to be the one holding and carrying her… but I shook away the thoughts because Dara’s condition is what important now.




They hurriedly went inside while I stayed rooted at my position… my mind filled with thoughts of her… I feel very worried about her… I want to be beside her and nurse her until she wakes up… it’s my first time to see her like that… and to remember that it’s already her second time fainting makes me feel uneasy… I know I am being exaggerated but still… I can’t help but to feel terribly worried… and useless...