Yong Hwa

Disillusionment

Eighteen
Yong Wha

 

I didn’t imagine it would be this nice, that I’d feel this happy with her or how even the world would look brighter when holding her hand. I really thought those things only happened in dramas but it’s real, it’s happening to me and more often than not I have to pinch myself to remind me this is actually real life.

It’s not that we do special things, quite the contrary, all our dates are ordinary and we spend most of our time at the bar, working together. I arrive earlier to help her and just use that time together. We play music, talk and snog quite a lot, too. And even if all those things are so very common, every minute feels special and even if we’ve been like this for two weeks already, it doesn’t wear off. We get along perfectly and she fits with my friends better than I do myself, I daresay. 

One of the things I love the most is when I finish performing and go off stage. She’s always near and grabs my wrist, pulling me to a far corner when no one is watching and kisses me fiercely until I get lightheaded and forget where we are or what we are supposed to do instead. But before I can actually do something, she always pulls back saying the same thing every time: “You’re too hot on stage.” 

That might or might not be the reason why I perform with even more energy now and basically to her, hoping to drive her crazy just like she does to me every time she walks away after kissing me like that.

One night I’m performing and I get really into a playing with Jong Hyun, forgetting completely about the crowd—which grows larger every night, making the bar even more successful—, and when I’m back in front of the microphone, my eyes search for Shin Hye where I last saw her, but she isn’t around. I scan the audience quickly but I can’t find her. It takes me a while but I finally spot her and she’s working, bringing more beer to a group of three girls. I love when all her attention is on me but I can’t be mad if she is busy doing what she is supposed to. After all, we’re here to work not for pleasure.

But even if she’s busy serving people, it still surprises me that she is not waiting for me when I finish the performance. She’s not even around when I look for her, wondering if something happened because I do have a bad feeling. I don’t know if I’m just being paranoid or not, but I still keep looking for her nonetheless.

I’m about to go and ask her friend who’s at the bar, even if I know he’ll just glare at me because no matter how great things are going with Shin Hye, he still doesn’t trust me and I’m sure he wants me as far away from her as possible. On my way to Min Ha I run into someone whom I can’t pinpoint at first.

“Yong Hwa-ssi,” she calls in a cute voice. When I turn to look who is the one calling I find a girl that seems familiar somehow. Her hair is long and wavy, of a rich brown, small eyes that remind me somehow of a cat. It might be the makeup, though.

“Deh?” I ask, trying to place her. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen her before but I can’t remember where.

“Ommo, don’t tell me you can’t remember me,” she says next, which confirms me I should remember her, especially when she acts so intimate, touching my forearm and getting even closer. “We didn’t break up that long ago for you to forget me.”

The engines in my brain work at full speed to process what she’s said until it clicks an my eyes widen in surprise.

“Na Na!” I exclaim and she responds with a wide smile.

I’ve been with many girls but none of them has been serious, at least not like Shin Hye. I’ve never felt the way I do with her. All the others before were because some girl confessed or asked me out and I always said yes if I found the girl at least cute, not really minding or caring at all whether I did have feelings or not. Never did I pursue a girl until I met Shin Hye.

“What a surprise,” I say, bowing slightly in a late greeting.

“The surprise was seeing you here. I’d heard of this amazing band playing here but I didn’t think I would be so lucky to see you again,” she comments and I just smile, feeling a bit awkward now that she is getting even closer, looping her arm around mine. Her hand ends up resting on my bicep and she leans on me. “I think it’s destiny we meet again.”

“Eehh…” I mumble, looking around hoping neither Shin Hye nor Min Ha are watching this. I need to get rid of Na Na before someone misunderstands. “Listen, Na Na. It’s really great to see you but right now I can’t stay to chat and catch up. I’m looking for my girlfriend,” I say, making sure to emphasises the last word so she gets the message.

Na Na doesn’t seem surprised.

“Oh, right, the waitress. I met her before but I didn’t think it was true. I thought she was just lying because she was crushing on you,” Na Na explains and I feel dread filling my veins. They met? “I didn’t think she’d be your type, Yong Hwa-ssi. I mean she’s so… simple.”

“She’s anything but simple,” I immediately say, standing up for my Shin Hye.

Na Na looks at me with surprised eyes and mouth slightly agape. “Ommo, do you like her that much?” she questions and I don’t even have to think about it.

“Yes. Since the moment I saw her,” I confess and her expression is utter shock.

I use that to finally get rid of her and step back, putting distance between us.

“Now if you excuse me, I have to find her. It was nice seeing you,” I finally say, bowing my head and turning around before she can actually say goodbye. 

I need to find Shin Hye now. I’m not sure what Na Na told her but whatever she said, I need to clear up any misunderstanding that it might’ve caused. I need to find her and quickly.


Hello there! Sorry I didn't update in a while again. Truth be told, I just got distracted and forgot. I'm so caught up with my other projects and I don't constantly check my account here. That's why if someone reminds me to update at least once a week on twitter the updates should keep coming. Although there isn't much left in the story, though.  Anyhow, I hope you still liked this. Slightly cliffhanger, or not?

Fighting!
Bel, xx