Shin Hye

Disillusionment

Three
Shin Hye

 

Yong Hwa looks away but my heart is still beating strongly in my ribcage and I have to put my hand on top of it, hoping that by doing so my silly heart will slow down. It doesn’t, I can feel the beating in my palm and it’s kind of scary. I’ve never experienced something like this and I never imagined it could be like this. This must be what my parents meant every time they told me their story. A part of me always thought they were exaggerating, now I know they weren’t.

This must be love at first sight, the one thing I’ve heard of over and over again, that thing I was waiting for and that now intimidates me. It’s a pull towards a complete stranger, someone who could turn up being a complete jerk, psycho, or even a murdered. I have no way to know that, but my heart is beating, urging me to go to him.

The drumsticks marking the countdown break through my thoughts and bring me back to reality, to the whole band on stage that starts playing a wicked introduction that makes me completely forget what just happened and to only focus on what they are doing. Then Yong Hwa approaches the microphone and my heart is beating again when I listen to him sing. His voice is husky and silky at the same time, beautiful in and with a wide range that gives me goose bumps. I look at my appa and his expression is of sheer delight. My friends are clapping along, completely caught up in the song and soon their music is all I can hear. They are amazing.

When their performance is over, Appa and I approach the stage with Min Ha and Chang Joo closely behind. Appa is still clapping as we get closer to the band and I try not to look at the vocalist now that the distance has been lessened, just because I’m scared my heart will burst out of my chest. He doesn’t look at me, though, for what I can get from the corner of my eye, all his attention is on Appa.

“Wow, that was amazing, lads. And I like your attitude, straight to the point. What are your names?” Appa asks and Yong Hwa steps forward.

“We’re CNBLUE, I’m Jung Yong Hwa, the drummer is Kang Min Hyuk, bassist is Lee Jung Shin, guitarist Lee Jong Hyun. Please to meet you, sir,” the four boys bow and Appa smiles widely.

“Well, you’re all amazing and I would be happy to talk business with you. I really want you to play here. Mondays we are closed, so are Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays good to you? You’d be replacing the big act we had before but if it’s too much, we can get to an agreement,” my appa offers and they nod vehemently.

“It’s perfect for us, sir. The more the better,” Lee Jong Hyun replies and I smile, too. I’m happy that they agreed and that we found such a good band for our bar.

I dare to look at Yong Hwa the exact moment he looks at me and our eyes meet for a second before he looks away, but a second is enough to feel like electricity is going through every nerve ending in my body. My breathing becomes shallow and I get a bit scared.

Appa and the members of CNBLUE leave together to Appa’s office to deal with the contract and my friends and I are left behind. I’m still awestruck with my heart beating so hard I think my friends can hear it. My eyes follow the members until they disappear behind the door.

“Aren’t they absolutely amazing?” Chang Joo exclaims, clapping his hands to give more emphasis. “I’m so glad Mr Park liked them. It would’ve been a waste to let them go.”

“I agree,” I say but I still sound off.

“Shin Hye yah, are you feeling well?” Min Ha asks and I turn to look at him. I nod, but my expression doesn’t seem to help because he frowns and his hand reaches out to touch my forehead, checking if I have a fever.

“I bet she was blown away with the performance. She’ll be fine in no time,” Chang Joo assures Min Ha and I nod in agreement. It was more than just the performance but I’m embarrassed to tell them that. I know they are my best friends and we trust each other fully, but still, this is something I wouldn’t be comfortable sharing with anyone. It’s just too weird.

“Don’t worry, Min Ha yah, I’m fine. Just surprised, I didn’t expect them to be that good,” I confess, which is one hundred per cent true.

“I’m happy your appa liked them and now you don’t have to work that much. I’ll still miss you on stage,” Min Ha comments and I smile kindly at him. My two best friends are always supporting me on everything I do or want to do.

“Thank you,” I reply and we go to sit to keep talking about other issues as we wait for the return of the band and my appa.

After a while they come back and Appa looks really pleased, the band members look really happy, as well, and I just assume things went smoothly. Chang Joo stands up first and we follow him and I start to get nervous. As we approach I notice that Appa bows after saying something to them and then leaves. When we get to the band, Appa is already near the door of the room he uses as his office. I guess he still has some paperwork to do.

“You were amazing,” I say in general although my eyes tend to dart to Yong Hwa, he never looks in my direction, he’s too busy with his guitar. “Are you starting tonight?” I ask cheerfully.

“Yes!” Min Hyuk replies happily and I focus on him. His smile is so contagious and cute, it’s impossible not to smile, as well. “We’re very excited!”

“We’re excited as well. I’m normally around so if you need anything, just let me know,” I tell them and once again I look at Yong Hwa, but he doesn’t even bother to face me. I feel this pull towards him but he doesn’t feel anything?

“Hey, Yong,” Lee Jung Shin calls the leader of their band and only then he turns to look at me, his expression bored and uninterested.

“What?” he says in an annoyed voice. I notice the reaction of his band mates and they look confused. Isn’t this like he normally acts?

“This is Park Shin Hye ssi, the daughter of Mr Park,” Lee Jung Shin explains and I bow in greeting. We haven’t been introduced formally until now.

He gives me a quick bow, almost as if he didn’t want to do it and that confuses me. The strong beating of my heart is slowing, becoming hesitant.

“Don’t expect me to treat you like a princess,” he says before I can open my mouth. “I treat everyone the same. You work here just like we work here now. Are we clear?” His voice is sharp and lethal and I’m taken aback. I blink away the surprise and try to take in what he’s just said and his tone.

His band mates murmur some things, criticising his rude behaviour but I don’t pay attention to them, I can only stare back at the guy who’s challenging me with his stare, daring me to say something. I feel my temper rising and now my heart is beating for a very different reason.

“Perfect for me. You’re just another employee so please work hard and we won’t have a problem,” I reply in the same tone he used. He smirks and I scowl at his actions, not impressed at all anymore.

“Then we have a deal. I don’t like girls following us around like devoted puppies. It’s frankly annoying,” he comments offhandedly and I clench my fists.

“Don’t worry, you won’t have that problem with me,” I state, not minding the shocked reactions of everyone else around us. “You didn’t impress me at all to cause that reaction, so you can relax.”

“Great,” he says, this time more annoyed and now we are glaring at each other.

Ha! Love at first sight my . I won’t be falling for a jerk like Jung Yong Hwa.


Don't you love it when first impressions are so bad? It makes it so interesting to develop! kekeke I really want to thank every single person that is reading and commenting. You're so nice! 

Also, if you'd like to talk more, I'm always on twitter and you can follow me there @BelWatson

Fighting, everyone!
Bel, xx