Shin Hye

Disillusionment

Five
Shin Hye

 

"Really, he's not normally like this. Something must've happened before," Min Hyuk explains, apologising for his band leader and he looks so troubled and I don't know what to do. I don't want him to look like that when his smiling face is so cute. I feel like someone like him should only smile.

"It's okay, it doesn't matter, really," I tell him with a smile of my own, trying to put him at ease at the same time his other band mates join us, however, their leader stays behind and I try not to look at him.

"Yeah, and if he continues, Shin Hye yah can always make his life miserable at work with childish pranks. She's an expert at that," Min Ha teases me and I look at him with eyes wide open before playfully slapping him in the forearm and laughing.

"My pranks are not childish," I retort, pleading my case.

"Eeehhh…" my two best friends mumble and my shock only increases. They are making me look like a fool in front of the band members!

I look at them with horror in my eyes but they are smiling, even Min Hyuk looks happy again with that cute smile that makes his eyes become two thin lines. Really, he's so adorably cute I can’t stop repeating it. It's not in the hot sense like his friend, Jong Hyun for instance, or fresh like the other one, Jung Shin. They are all very different and the drummer has this soothing thing about him, this adorableness and innocence that makes me want to treat him nicely. I don't know if they are younger than me or older, but I feel like he's younger and I should take care of him.

How different the feeling I get from the drummer compared to the one I get from the leader that now is nowhere to be found.

I shake my head at my friends and take three bottles of beer for the musicians. "It's on the house. Welcome on board," I say passing the bottles and they cheer happily.

"Hyung is an idiot," I hear Jung Shin mutter and I my head for two reasons. One, he's mumbling and two, apparently Yong Hwa is older.

"Hyung?" I repeat as a question and he blushes, realising I heard him.

"Um, Yong Hwa. He's the oldest and he's an idiot. I mean, you're being super nice and treat us well despite him being an . I don't get it," he explains and I wave my hands dismissively so he can relax. 

"It's okay, but where did he go? He's not slacking right? You all start today. Min Hyuk ssi, is the drumset okay for you? Do you prefer using yours? We can keep it here if that's more comfortable for you," I ask many questions so they won't realise that I'm actually noticing their leader's absence.

"No, this works great, don't worry, Shin Hye ssi," he assures me with his happy smile and I can only do the same.

After that we stay a bit longer there and they tell me the story of how CNBLUE was born. Yong Hwa met Jong Hyun in school, even if he was his sunbae. They started playing together and decided to look for a drummer and a bassist, and that's how they got to Min Hyuk and Jung Shin. Convincing them wasn't hard and they've been playing for three years. So Yong Hwa is twenty-three, Jong Hyun is twenty-two and both Min Hyuk and Jung Shin are twenty-one, what makes me their nuna. Min Hyuk makes use of the honorific immediately, and it's really cute.

I think I'm biased; I can't use another adjective for that drummer boy.

Like twenty minutes before we officially open, I go outside to take out the rubbish. So far, Yong Hwa hasn't come back and although the other band members seem to be getting ready and look a bit anxious, the leader is still MIA. It is when I'm outside in the alley by the bar, getting rid of all the rubbish we gathered from cleaning the bar, I notice a figure standing under the rain, lost in thoughts. I have to squint my eyes to distinguish the man and once I do, I gasp.

What on Earth is Jung Yong Hwa doing under the rain? Is he mental or what?!

I throw the rubbish bags and run towards him, rain poring on me now, too. Seriously, what's with this kid? Is he's been doing this all along? He's going to get sick. How can he be so irresponsible?!

Aish!

"What is wrong with you?!" I shout when I get to him. "Do you wanna get a pneumonia?"

He blinks in confusion as if only now he realises what he was doing. He frowns at me and it seems like he can't recognise me. His hand reaches out to me, his index finger going to my eye and I’m scared he's gonna attack me, but instead he just touches the mole on my eyelid.

"Cute," he chuckles and I'm beyond confused with his behaviour. Maybe he's already got a fever.

I snap his hand away from my face and then grab his wrist. I'm not in the mood to get soaked wet under the rain, I'm not crazy like him.

I drag the vocalist inside the bar and then to the lockers we have for employees.

"You're mad," I accuse him, letting go of his wrist to look for a towel. "What were you thinking? So you want to get sick? You just got hired and you ought to look after yourself because your voice is too important. What would you do if you catch a cold because of this? Are you really that irresponsible? Aish, this punk," I mumble to myself finally finding the towel and I toss it at him who barely grabs it.

"I got carried away in thoughts," he explains faintly and I roll my eyes.

"You should've done that under some shelter, you know? Remember you are part of a band, if you get sick you also drag down your band mates."

He looks away, blushing and it's hard to notice because his face looks quite red already. I sigh deeply trying to put this boy and the one that was so rude to me before together. It's hard.

My hand reaches out to touch his forehead to check if he actually has a fever and when my fingertips touch his skin, pulling the fringe aside, his eyes widen in shock and look at me with horror. Seriously, what's wrong with him?

He pushes me and steps back, putting a lot of distance between us.

"Don't touch me," he hisses and I frown.

"Aigoo, what's wrong with you? I was just making sure you didn't have a fever. You don't, which is good. Just take a shower and try to get your clothes dry or something. The changing room is shared but we have showers for boys and girls. And don't worry, I won't touch you again. I was just making sure the new employee wasn’t ditching us the first day."

And with that I turn on my heels and walk away, the hand that touched him tightly clenched. Once I'm outside, I stop and lean on the wall, taking deep breaths to calm down my beating heart. This boy is already causing trouble, in more than one sense.  


Yong Hwa, aish, aren't you a special little one? kekeke I hope you liked this chapter :D

Fighting!
Bel, xx