Amnesia

When the World Suddenly Shattered

Chapter 2: Amnesia

 Sulli is confused. What does he mean about amnesia?

“V-Vic-toria… what does he mean about a-amnesia?” asked Sulli hesitantly.

“Sulli… amnesia means loss of memory and for your case, it might be a result of the accident,” said Victoria with a sigh.

 

Now, Sulli’s more confused. She woke up not knowing her own world. Asking where she is, what happened and who she is, like she never existed from the very beginning. She doesn’t even know the meaning of the word doctor but she just pretended like she does, not to offend the person who might be coming to see her.

She does not even know the word amnesia, “how lame of hers,” she thought.

 

After she asked that question, Victoria began telling her what happened.

 

 

Learning she had an accident years ago and being in coma for more than eight years made her feel really pathetic. She just lay on her bed just probably sleeping forever.  How she realized that she burdened people coming in and out for her.

 

“But one thing you must be proud of yourself Sulli, you were able to survive eight years in coma, and that’s a big miracle,” said Victoria, “Make another miracle that you’d be able to revive what’s lost in you.”

 

On Victoria’s thoughts, all she can say is what happened. She can’t go more. She knew Minho’s been there for her all the time even before the accident happened, but she can’t tell her yet. Minho should be the one.

When they were still studying, she’d been Sulli’s refuge. She knows Sulli very well. How she acts, how she smiles and how she does things all in her natural way.

------------------------------------------------

Minho’s at the hospital garden when his closest friend Baekhyun arrived.

“Why can’t I visit Sulli first after meeting with you?” he asked passively.

 

“Coz’ I want to ease the pain you’ll feel,” he replied with his red eyes, “Sulli… she lost her memory,” that made Baekhyun open his eyes. It was never on his imagination that Sulli would. What’s marked on him is the hope that Sulli will still wake up.

 

“Minho… what exactly is going on?” he asked blankly. he knows what’s going on but he can’t help asking.

 

“It’s probably because of the accident, hyung(honorific),” Minho replied obviously trying to control any tear that would fall on his eyes.

 

“M-minho…. I-I also have something to tell you,” Baekhyun said looking out of nowhere, “He’s already in Korea thirty minutes before you called me.”

 

Hearing that word became another ton of sack on Minho’s back. He thought that his old acquaintance totally disappeared on his worlds, he’s wrong after all. Why does he have to come when everything still needs to be renewed? “This can’t be happening,” he thought.

 

Minho and Baekhyun were together when they went to Sulli. As soon as Minho was turning the door knob, he can’t stop being hurt nor does he have to be selfish like he’s the only one affected the most? No, he can’t he only feels hurt by the thought that Sulli forgot her. After all, it wasn’t Sulli’s fault. She never intended to be in that situation. Minho thought that he just needed to be grateful of what happened, still.

 

----------------------------

When the door opened, Minho raised his head only to see an image of his old acquaintance and something on his guts started to feel something’s going to happen big, soon.

 

“Hey, I see you’ve come,” his old friend said as he turned his back to see them.

“You’ve arrived too,” said Minho trying to act normal, “What brought you here?”

 

“Obviously, I’m visiting my best friend whom I never met for years, can’t I?” the man asked emphasizing the words “best friend.”

 

 

“Doctor Minho, do you know him?” Sulli cut in but the man also cut in, “I see he is your doctor.”

 

Minho is feeling furious. A problem has been solved leaving another problem and then another problem. What he feared, at least.

 

Sulli cleared his thought to break the silence, “Dr. Minho, who are you with?”

 

“He’s my friend a-“ but before Minho can continue his statement, the man spoke up saying, “He says that man is his friend.”

 

Minho feels more infuriated. Yes, it’s probably clear that he said the man with him is his friend but that man does not need to repeat it, and worse that he needs to speak up not letting him finish what he’s saying.

Baekhyun also felt the same way. The man who arrived never felt right on his guts since he first saw him nine years ago. Also, he does not have to refer to him as “that man,” he could just say “Minho’s comrade.”

 

“Oh Sulli, do you want me to help you remember your memories, I could by telling my stories with you,” the man said enthusiastically.

 

“I’d really be pleased if you would,” Sulli said with a smile.

 

“Remember, we were best friends then and we both grew in an orphanage. We always like each other’s company and we were inseparable. Do you remember the time when I was adopted and then you cried hardly? We even promised to see each other agai—“ the man started his story when Minho spoke up

.

“Excuse me if I might’ve been interfering but Sulli needs to rest. She just woke up and there are still many things she needs to refresh on herself. If you’ll consider, you might as well let her have her peace,” said Minho trying to control his frustration. Perhaps, the man does not need to tell those in front of him coz’ that made his veins seen through his arms.

 

“Doctor might be right, I guess I should take a rest, I’m feeling a bit uncertain. Anyway, you’ll be coming tomorrow, right?” Sulli asked.

 

“Sure, I will. From now on, I’ll always be keeping an eye on you,” the man said and went out of the room followed by Minho. As soon as they went out, Minho let it out.

 

“What are you thinking?!” he asked raising his voice.

 

“Oh, did I make something wrong. I just visited my best friend, you see?” the man replied with his straight face, his hands on his pockets.

 

“Don’t try to act coolly,” Minho said.

 

“I guess I can’t underestimate you. And what does the doctor do? He cures. Perhaps, you’re widely known as the most genius doctor of all time, right? But why can’t you even cure what’s close to you?” the man said and then Minho raised his collar.

“What just happened?” another question came asking.

 

“She had an acci—“ Minho replied but he cut in as he also held Minho’s collar.

 

“Yeah, I know very well and my bare eyes clearly saw it! I left her with you care! And with the last minute I departed, I let her go to you! I just can’t believe I left her with my OLD best friend coz’ all I feel now is just an unexplainable regret… I swear not to do the same thing again, and…I’ll not let even a small portion of her heart to open for you again,” he said furiously as he left Minho uncertain of what to feel.

 

“Luhan….” Minho said looking at the man who just made him awake of what’s actually going to happen.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

Minho and Baekhyun went to the park right after Minho finished his hospital hours.

 

“How will I help her when all that’s left for me to tell are the times I’ve been a jerk to her,” he said with his hands on his knees and his face gazing on the thin air as sighed deeply.

 

“Your past isn’t necessary. What matters is your present,” his dear friend told him.

 

“But how can I do it when my ultimate rival came out from his coffin?” he asked dumfounded.

 

“That’s what’s left for you to answer. You’ll not just sit there and watch him do whatever he intends, right?” he enthusiastically replied with a heave.

 

“You did what you’re supposed to do and nobody can question that,” he added, “And… perhaps, you can let out your tears I front of me. I don’t think I can leave you here crying all by yourself….. again.”

 

A tear after another finally dropped to the ground from Minho’s exhausted face.

 

“You cry because you want to recover, now because you want to stay that way forever,” Baekhyun said trying to help Minho.