Shattered

When the World Suddenly Shattered

Sulli/Sandra’s Point of View

I’m standing just above a cliff staring blankly what’s below as I let the frigid wind pass my frail face. I don’t know what am I actually thinking nor what’s going on. A while ago, I woke up from what seemed like a decade of a stormy sleep. Should I say it’s cool? Coz’ I don’t feel like I existed.

I feel a tear that just dropped on my palms. I feel my knees breaking as I reach my hand. I raise it and touch the mist of cloud. In no time, I’m certain that rains would fall… maybe just like yesterday. Though, a while ago, everything seemed like there was no yesterday.

One by one, rain drops on the barren land just surrounding the cliff. If the rain would pour hard, the soil would erode sooner or later. Maybe I would be carried away, too; that’d be even better, I suppose. Because just a while ago, everything was revealed to me and then I ran. I didn’t know where I’m going. As I was about to reach the doorknob, someone entered and my head got bumped. I fell to the ground as my sight went black. What happened next, I never knew.

What I know is that every time I wake up, my world turns around. I realized, I should’ve never slept and I wish I’ll never, silly. Maybe I could just shut my eyes but I wouldn’t let my mind sleep, which would be least likely to happen.

I wonder if the earth could eat me that it would just crack open and I’d fall. Though, I wonder why I’m thinking such all of a sudden. I never owned my life and I never have the right to take it. If I fall with the rocks, would anything change?

I plunge on the precipice. I floating or probably flying tasting the sun sweet berry flavor of the rain as salty tears mix. If it was snow, it could be the best ice cream flavor.

I brace my shoulders and close my eyes. I savor each second of the moment and just in time; I feel my back on a hard surface. Cold. Then, I stretch my hand to the mud and raise it. Brown… is a wonderful color of the earth…. And something vicious red stained on it.

Now, I see the light though I think I’m blind. I hear the slow drops of rain on my face though I think I’m deaf, and I feel it though I think I’m numb. I smell my breath though I think that I stopped just a second ago. And for the last time, I taste the color of my blood. Lastly, my common sense made me realize… I’m dead… I’ve been long dead.

Shattered.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------THE END--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Hey guys! Okay... how am I supposed to feel? I don't know either and I don't know what to expect from you guys. I'm very grateful that I had you all throughout this story. I have many shortcomings but I still see reads. To tell you the truth, I, too, feel disappointed for an I-don't-know reason, and I'm so sorry guys. Maybe, it wasn't worth all your expectations. Really, right now, I don't know what's happening to me. In time, I'll be alive. Thank you very much chingus! friends! God bless you all!