Another Step Forward

When the World Suddenly Shattered

Chapter 5: Another Step Forward

After Sulli and Luhan went home from Minho’s residence, Sulli’s been quite and kept on shaking her head.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” asked Luhan from the kitchen.

“Nothing, I think I remembered something while I was with Minho a while a back,” said Sulli.

“Really…,” the only world that Luhan was able to utter. It was a good thing but perhaps, he doesn’t like the idea of Sulli remembering things when she’s with Minho. Or maybe, he should just wish that Sulli will not remember anything.

---------------------------------

Luhan woke up early in the morning and saw Sulli’s back from the oven.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“I’m perhaps, maybe, cooking. I just hope this won’t be burnt,” she said while washing lettuce, “I saw a cook book on your library and I think I should try it,” she added.

“I’ll be excited to taste it,” said Luhan smiling childishly.

“I wish it would taste great,” said Sulli nodding.

 

After a few minutes, the dish was finished.

“Tadah! Crab and Vegetable Roll-Ups!” said Sulli.

“I see, crab dishes are my favorite; I’ve been fond of it since we were a kid, you know,” said Luhan.

“Really, such great coincidence,” said Sulli in disbelief, “I should cook more often then.”

 

“Sulli, this is really great. It’s the best I’ve tasted,” said Luhan.

“Thank you. I’m sure Minho would really like this,” said Sulli happily as she turned her back to get a container.

“Minho?” Luhan asked as he stopped chewing his food.

Sulli nodded and said, “I promised to visit him at the hospital today. I really owe him a lot so I could at least do these simple things to show my pleasure,” said Sulli. Luhan can only smile sheepishly.

------------------------------------------------

“Good morning Dr. Minho!” greeted Sulli as she entered Minho’s office.

“Oh, hi! Good afternoon too! Well, it’s exactly twelve,” said Minho as he packed up his things.

 

“It’s good timing then. I cooked food for you,” said Sulli happily.

“Okay, let’s eat. I’m craving when somebody says food,” he said tapping the table, “So, what about it?” Minho asked.

“Tadah! Crab and Vegetable Roll-Ups!” said Sulli.

 

“C-crab?” said Minho startled.

“Yup. Why? You don’t like it?” asked Sulli.

“No…no. I would really love to eat it,” said Minho smiling. He took a spoon and ate. “It really tastes great. I don’t think I already told you this; you’re really good at cooking. You used to cook for me and dad and I almost got baby fats because I couldn’t stop myself eating the delicacies you made. Luckily, I was a member of the tennis club so I got to burn them during practices,” said Minho as he took another spoon.

“Really? Luhan also said it tastes good and he said crab is his favorite so I should cook crab dishes more often, perhaps, you also said you like it,” said Sulli nodding.

 

“Perhaps, you could also try cooking siomai, you know, it’s a Chinese food, and it’s my favorite,” said Minho and took another spoon.

“Well, I’ll try to research on it,” said Sulli as he saw Minho took another spoon, “You’re really hungry, are you?” asked Sulli watching Minho chew his food.

 

“Yeah, perhaps, I haven’t ate breakfast,” said Minho and took another spoon, then he scratched his arm.

 

“What’s wrong?” asked Sulli.

“Nothing, I think a mosquito bit me when I went out a while ago,” said Minho and took another spoon, “This really tastes great. This is my second time eating crab.”

 

“Really?! So when did you first ate crab?” asked Sulli enthusiastically.

 

“I think when I was seven,” replied Minho and took another spoon.

“I can only say many words as really here,” said Sulli then somebody knocked from Minho’s door, and then it opened.

 

“I’m sorry doctor but there’s an emergency. We have a patient on emergency but no doctor is around,” said the nurse panting.

 

“I see, I’ll come,” said Minho, “Sulli, I need to take care of it. Anyway, thank you for the meal. I’ll just visit you later at Luhan’s house,” he said as he put on his coat and bowed leaving Sulli.

----------------------------------------

 

Sulli’s at Luhan’s dining room reading Time’s magazine.

 

“Minho is really great. He seems to be so popular. At his very age, his achievements are really great. I wish I could be like him too,” said Sulli talking alone.

 

“Don’t talk all by yourself. People would think you’re crazy,” said Luhan who just came along.

 

“I see.. But I can help complimenting Minho, you know. He’s really a great doctor. He’s even an international athlete, imagine, a tennis pro. He also got good looks,” said Sulli turning the page. Luhan can only stare at Sulli. Perhaps, he can’t deny those facts.

 

“Luhan, I saw tennis rackets in your room once. Do you also play tennis?” asked Sulli.

“Yes, and you also do,” said Luhan, his leg over the other.

 

“Really? So, have you ever played Minho before?” asked Sulli. “You perhaps should’ve not asked that,” thought Luhan.

 

“Yup,” Luhan just replied.

“Who won then?” asked Sulli.

“Who do you think?” asked Luhan.
Sulli had to think about it. If she says it’s Minho, Luhan would surely be hurt, and if she says Luhan, Minho would also feel sad even if he’s not around.

 

“Never mind that question. I’ll just wish I could also play him once,” said Sulli and raised her head towards the wall clock. After a few minutes, she looked at the clock again, Luhan noticed it.

 

“Are you perhaps, expecting someone?” asked Luhan.

 

“Minho said he’d visit here and it’s already six. And I think he’s already off by five,” she said.

“Maybe he’s only busy,” said Luhan then Sulli’s phone rang.

 

 

“Hello?” she asked.

“Hello Sulli-ssi. You need to come at the hospital. Minho’s on the ER,” said Victoria from the other line.

“Copy,” she said and ended the call.

 

“Victoria said Minho’s in the hospital,” said Sulli with the tone of urgency.

Luhan and Sulli drove to the hospital as fast as they can.

---------------------------------------------------

Sulli entered Minho’s private room panting.

 

“The nurse told me that he just fell to the ground after he treated the patient at twelve,” said Victoria, “He hasn’t woken up yet since he fell so the doctors don’t know what may have implicated Minho’s case. They’ve already ran some tests but the results are not up yet. He really has a high fever and he’s body got really red.”

“What just happened? I saw him happily eating crab this lunch, and then he fell like that?” said Sulli in disbelief.

“Wait… you made mention of ‘crab,’ did you?” asked Victoria. 

“Yeah,” Sulli simply said.

“Oh no, it’s one of his allergies. He’s really allergic to some sea foods especially shrimp and crab. As far as I am concerned, he once ate a spoon of a dish that has crab as topping, and after that, he vomited countless times. He wasn’t even able to come to school for a day,” said Victoria, “This foolish man, he could’ve just told you instead of putting himself in this situation.”

 

“No, it’s my fault. Perhaps, he doesn’t want to disappoint me. Now, I feel so guilty, I should’ve known that,” said Sulli bowing.

 

“It’s okay, you didn’t know,” said Victoria.

 

“That’s it. I didn’t know. I always didn’t know. Why?” cried Sulli on her thought.

 

“I can read you Sulli. Don’t blame yourself. It’s not your fault losing your memories… Let me tell you this… an arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. When life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means it’s going to launch you into something great. So just focus, and keep aiming (A quote from a friend),” said Victoria. Sulli can only nod trying to control her emotions.

 

“Sulli, not everything is meant to be, but everything is worth a try. Whatever it is, just give it a shot. God always gives the best for the last… I’ll just need to pick someone up. I’ll be leaving Minho to you,” she said and tapped Sulli’s back with a smile on her face. She turned her back towards the door when Sulli stopped her.

 

“Victoria…. Thank you,” said Sulli with tears on her eyes.

------------------------------------------------

Thank you! I really appreciate your reads, upvote and comments. I was just thinking if you guys could probably suggest an idea that I may add on the story for perhaps, maybe, two chapters before I will reveal something like bomb, maybe.(LOL) Besides, I can add you as coauthor, if you'll be willing too. I also want to learn from you guys, coz' I too, am still growing up.

 

Thank you :-D. Sorry for being this thoughtful.