Turmoil

When the World Suddenly Shattered

Turmoil

Sandra is confused. Just a while ago, Sehun dragged her out of the café without saying a word. Now she’s in a salon and Sehun entrusted her to someone. All she can do is nod here and there. Sandra can’t just take it. She feels like a slave now.

“Sehun, can you tell me what’s going on?” Sandra asked.

“Just wait… I’ll explain everything before the clock drops at 12,” he replied.

In just fifteen minutes, Sandra transformed… like she herself didn’t know it was her.

“Wow,” she ushered as she looked at herself in front of the mirror.

“Don’t be too flattered by yourself,” said Sehun from the back. “So, are you done with the reflecting scene?” he added but he felt uneasy when he did not hear Sandra’s reply.

“Why? Is there anything wrong?” Sehun asked as he saw Sandra sighing.

“It’s just…. I can’t stop asking myself if…  I became a lady..like this… nine years ago,” said Sandra. Sehun can only say nothing to unease Sandra.

“Let’s go, we still have a night to finish,” he said as they went out of the salon.

Now, Sandra is back to Sehun’s cunning car again.

“Well, you’re one gorgeous lady,” said Sehun out of nowhere. Those words sent shivers on Sandra’s spine.

“Did I hear something?” Sandra asked.

“Don’t pretend like you didn’t,” said Sehun with a smile.

“It’s my first time seeing you smile. I hope to see more like that in that future… It just makes your face glow brightly like you don’t have a huge burden on your shoulders,” said Sandra. Sehun had an uncertain feeling after hearing those words. Why does he feel like Sandra knew him very well?

----------------------------------

Moving forward after Sehun introduced Sandra to his family.

Sehun and Sandra are at Sehun’s house and it’s already 11:30. Sandra lazily sat on the sofa.

“Now, can you tell me everything? I… I feel so tired… confused… I felt like a puppet… a fool… a person who had nothing to do but nod… a person who did not know anything… like… I had amnesia again,” said Sandra as unshed tears flowed from her eyes.

“Oh no, why am I being like this?” said Sandra as she wiped her face but tears uncontrollably fell. “I’m sorry...My mix emotions can’t just remain silent in this chest,” she added trying to speak normally.

“I understand and I’m sorry too,” said Sehun. “I’m sorry that I have to put you into this.”

“Now, could you explain it please,” Sandra asked and Sehun sighed.

“Weeks ago, my parents planned on putting me in an arrange marriage. They don’t plan on telling me about it not until tonight, supposedly. Luckily, Sohyun was on my side so she told me about it. My parents definitely have no idea that I learned about what they want,” he said.

“There’s only one way to escape such ridiculous plan and that if I’ll tell them that my heart already belongs to somebody. My parents are not actually as hard as diamonds. They… at least care about how I feel,” he added.

“Seohyun, that cute maiden, was supposed to be your fiancée… right?” Sandra asked in confirmation and Sehun nodded.

“Now that you introduced me as your fiancée, what are you planning to do next?” Sandra asked.

“First, I have to make you agree with a deal,” said Sehun.

“Wait! Can I just ask why you chose me instead of choosing others like… Jess? I mean, she’ll immediately agree even if you don’t ask her. She’ll not ask questions… maybe?” Sandra said.

“I chose you because I trust you and you need money,” he replied. Sehun’s right. Sandra desperately needs money to be totally independent… and to help Yoogeun.

“Here’s the deal… You’ll become my fiancée for the time being until everything will be okay and in return…  I’ll give you any amount you’ll ask,” said  Sehun.

“Do you… really trust me? I mean… what if I ask you $10000 or $500000?” Sandra asked.

“It’s okay,” Sehun replied.

“If you have so much money, then why work as a taxi driver?” she asked.

“No personal questions,” he replied.

“I’ll not answer you if you don’t answer my question,” Sandra commanded.

By then, Sehun realized that Sandra still hasn’t remembered the night when they drank soju.

“It’s because I want to be independent. Free from being a naïve puppet. But now that fate has asked me to use wealth,  I have to let it go just to make my life worthy,” Sehun replied.

“I guess it’s a yes then,” Sandra said, “But can I ask until when are we going to disguise?”

“I’m not pretty sure about it but I already have an idea. Here’s the case, nobody should know that we’re only disguise fiancées… only you and me… not Sohyun, not Jessica or anyone you know. We have to play safe,” said Sehun and Sandra nodded.

“Sehun… I hate to ask this but I can’t help myself from thinking that what if your parents would push through until the wedding?” Sandra asked. Now, that’s a question that Sehun is still thinking.

“To tell you honestly, I have no idea. Let’s just hope that it won’t happen. We’re still not finished in the present and we don’t know what will happen tomorrow. Let the future worry for itself,” Sehun said, “Now, go and rest.”

Sandra nodded. Perhaps, being someone’s fiancée can help her move on.

----------------------------------------

Minho laid his head on the bench at the garden. It’s just a fine Monday afternoon and it feels so refreshing looking at the beautiful sunset.

He’s been with Sulli for more than two weeks now. Just this day, Sulli told him that she’ll visit the orphanage.

Taking Minho’s psyche, it can be no more than confusion. Yes, he really found the real Sulli and they’re living together since Sulli have no relatives. Every morning, Sulli cooks delicious foods but every time he eats, why does something keep on feeling wrong? They play tennis together happily, but something keeps on bugging him… maybe because of something… or someone. He got we wanted right? But why? Why does he always feel like something is wrong? …. Yes, he laughs outside but he really feels uneasy inside.

Things  don’t look what they seem.

Suddenly, his phone rang.

“Hello?” Minho said from his cellular phone.

“I need to tell you something,” Baekhyun said on the other line, “Meet me at the cafe I told you last time.”

“Okay, I’ll be there thirty minutes,” Minho said and ended the call.

“What can be something that bothers that weird man?” Minho uttered. Baekhyun does not normally call first… unless it’s something important that he can’t take himself.

---------------------------------

“Hey, I already drank three macchiato,” said Baekhyun as he greeted Minho.

“Oh yeah, I’m just a minute late,” Minho said as he looked at his watch. “So, tell me now… why do you want me here?” he asked.

“I met Sulli… who’s apparently called Sandra Kim now,” said Baekhyun.

“Sandra?” Minho ushered. He felt something close to sadness when he heard the name Sandra.

“She has a fiancée,” said Baekhyun. That left Minho dumbfounded.

“In two weeks… how did everything like that happen?” Minho asked expressionless.

“I am not certain about things yet and I don’t want to assume things,” Baekhyun said, “I guess I have to talk to Sehun to understand things clearly.”

“Sehun?” Minho asked. He already had a bad feeling hearing the name.

“Sandra’s fiancée,” Baekhyun replied.

Suddenly, a lady in white came.

“Excuse me, can I have your order please?” asked the waitress.

“Ummm… What do you recommend?” asked Baekhyun not looking at the girl.

“I’m new here so I’m not actually quite expert on coffees but our best seller is Mariano, our café’s specialty but my taste buds prefer cappuccino though,” said the lady. By then, Baekhyun raised his head only to have a surprised face seeing Sandra. Sandra?! Sandra’s working at Sehun’s café?!

“Baekhyun...” said Minho while looking at the view outside.

“Baekhyun…” he repeated as he realized that he had been absent minded. Thus, Baekhyun has no response so he turned his gaze to him. It seems he does not also pay attention to him. Minho then turned his attention at the lady that Baekhyun is looking at.

Meanwhile, Sandra felt weird that Baekhyun is staring at her like he wants something that Sandra does not want to reveal yet. She then turned her head to break it only to see that something like a storm was coming to her. She feels like she’s not ready to face it yet but maybe… fate is asking her to. Right, she has to move on and she wants to.

Sandra needs to put a mask…where she can hide everything that she knew that would hinder her from starting a new life. Entertaining Minho is one thing she does not want to step on again though he’s the reason why she’s still alive. To stop owing him, Sandra can only think that Minho just did his part as a generous doctor.

“Minho,” she ushered for like a single decibel. “Hi,” she uttered, clear enough for Minho to hear.

“Hi?!” Minho thought. It’s like the first time he was infuriated after nine years of being a gentleman. Perhaps, he can’t blame Sandra; she’s also hurt.

“After leaving without a single goodbye, you can only say hi?!” said Minho almost shouting.

“Oh sorry, I thought you already found the real Sulli. You seem to live happily with her and you suit perfectly together. You have a perfect love story. A girl who had a coma and woke up forgetting his boyfriend, and then the boyfriend does everything to recall all the memories back. Suddenly, a girl like me hindered but was totally surpassed because of their true love… Oh, that was so romantic and I congratulate you for having one nice story,” said Sandra.

Like a bomb exploded on Minho’s chest after hearing those words.

 That’s right. Sandra was already hurt and she’s already hurt by the sight of him…  again. It’s just so much to bear all over again. How can she live in a world of illusion? She wants to start a new life. She does not want to be pulled by the past anymore. If her fate is really having amnesia, so be it.

 “Hey, you’re taking a long time there,” said another waitress.

“Sorry,” Sandra turned her back to reply. “Excuse me sir, but can I ask your order?” she turned her gaze.

“I’ll have a cappuccino then,” said Baekhyun.

“Mocha chino… It’s the coffee I used to drink with someone special,” uttered Minho.

“One cappuccino and one mocha chino,” said Sandra, “In a minute.”

After a while, their orders were on the table. “You can order anytime if you want anything,” she said as she turned her back.

“Wait,” Minho halted. Sandra then turned back.

“Let’s have a talk,” he said.

“There’s nothing left to talk about. Everything happened in the past was all finished and I understand if I was mistaken as your beloved. I’m not assuming that you care about me but please don’t worry, I can survive. To make it clear, I don’t hold a grudge to anybody else. Besides, I’m currently on work so please consider,” Sandra said.

“You can’t just throw everything written in the past. If you say that everything in the past was all finished… I’m sorry but I don’t think I feel the same way,” Minho said.

“Fine, do it your way,” Sandra said as she turned her back trying to contain anything that’s just waiting to explode in no time.

“Sandra… No matter how things may change, don’t forget who you are,” said Minho from her back.

But how can she?… She does not even know who she really is.

-------We write our own destiny------- What we become is our own choice----------