Tears Day

When the World Suddenly Shattered

Sulli dropped her bag as she entered Minho’s house. She raised her head to see the white ceiling, the magnificent chandelier and the arched fluorescent bulbs.

“How pitiful I only saw you when I have to go,” whispered Sulli. She looked to the view in front of her. There was a huge portrait of Minho and his father. On the side of it, there were also gigantic paintings. Sulli stepped forward at the portrait and touched Minho’s life size face as if it was true. Then, a tear came after the other.

Next, she looked to her left side. There was the window with beige-colored satin cloth. Sulli walked closer and tied them beautifully. She held the curtain and raised it. She clearly saw the beautiful sunset from afar. “How I wish I’ve been sitting on the opposite sofa to take a view of you,” Sulli whispered again.

She then went at the kitchen, “I wish I could cook here once more, and surely, I won’t pest it with crab and shrimp anymore,” she said laughing and then wiped the tears that continuously flowed from her eyes.

She turned her back and looked at the stairs. “Oh, Mr. Twenty-four Steps,” she said as she had the first step upstairs. “I wonder when will I ever clean you again,” she said as she smiled then covered with her left hand as she closed her eyes with continuous flow of tears.

She finally reached her room. “Now, you could be a guest room again,” said Sulli and touched the life-sized mirror in front of her. Her knees voluntarily give way to the shiny floor as she got the huge black bag below her bed. She raised her head only to see an arched cabinet in front of her. She opened it and began putting her clothes in the bag. She only had few clothes and perhaps, they’re all not that thick enough to fit in her bag. She touched the last item on her cabinet, the pink cocktail dress. She got the hanger and placed it in front of her. She moved to the mirror and saw herself on the cocktail dress. Tears came out from her eyes again. It was the dress Minho bought her as a surprise when they first went shopping. Suddenly, she removed the dress from the hanger and put it in a black plastic bag, definitely not her bag.

She finished fixing all her things and when she was about to get out from her room with her huge bag, she turned her back with a spray on her hand. She sprayed it to the left and to the right, “Now, you can be fresh again… ready to face your new master,” Sulli said like rock but tears can’t help but flow again. “Oh no, I’m like a baby again. I wonder how I look like..hmm.. maybe a 60 year-old ajumma with swollen red eyes,” she said alone and laughed like crazy. She finally closed the door.

As she was about to let go of the doorknob, she faced to her left. That door was Minho’s. Tears can’t help again, and even her feet. She was dragged by them in front of the door. On the door, Minho’s name was carved. Suddenly, a memory flashed back.

------------------Flashback----------------------------

“Hey, why are you carving your name there?” asked Sulli.

“Perhaps, you don’t want to enter my room again,” said Minho smiling as he was holding a tool.

“Oh yeah, knowing it was mine, I accidentally entered you room thrice then I saw you…” said Sulli but she suddenly stopped talking. “What am I saying?” she thought.

 

“What?... You saw my gorgeous body?” said Minho laughing.

“Hey! I don’t know what you’re talking about, and what body are you talking about, it’s only the top, you know,” said Sulli startled.

“See, you just said my ‘top,’ just admit it’s gorgeous, okay?” Minho said laughing as she shrugged Sulli’s hair.

“Gorgeous you?! It’s not even yummy,” said Sulli and immediately covered with her shocked eyes.


“You said ‘yummy?’” Minho asked then he laughed out loud, “That’s my first time hearing the word yummy to be used in a body description.”

 

“Aishhh, just what am I saying?” Sulli whispered to herself.

“Okay, don’t worry, I’ll make my body yummy for you,” said Minho as he gathered all his tools and went downstairs laughing.

Sulli was embarrassed but that immediately faded when she faced the door with Minho’s name carved on it. She touched it slowly.

---------------End of Flashback--------------------

 

Now, Sulli is touching it once more until her hands can’t even help that she opened Minho’s room. Minho is not used of locking it. Sulli even wondered why he hasn’t been on harm of stealing. But obviously, his house is hiTech that no robber would dare enter.

Sulli peeked at Minho’s room only to see a picture of both of them beside the lamp shade table. Her feet uncontrollably took her there. Her hand took the picture. It was Sulli and Minho holding their hands together at the beach. They’re both smiling. But before a tear could touch Minho’s floor, Sulli immediately put the picture in the plastic bag where she put the cocktail dress. “I should clean this up for myself since I was the one who started this chaos after all,” she thought. She went out from Minho’s room and went straight downstairs heading to the main door without minding her heavy luggage.

As she was about to open the door, she turned her back to the house. She closed her eyes only to remember the first time she entered Minho’s house when she surprisingly visited him. Then, she opened her eyes to see reality.

 

“Sulli, this is reality,” she expressionlessly said, “No… I should stop calling myself Sulli from now on….. I-I’m not Sulli….. I’m not S..Sulli…. I’m not Sulli, I am not Sulli,” she said crying and finally left the house.

 

Now, she’s walking alone on the streets and it’s getting dark. Luckily, no signs of rain can be seen nowhere. She had already gone far from Minho’s house, probably, three kilometers. She walked for another block then she saw garbage bags. She looked at the black plastic bag she’s holding then threw it together with the garbage bags. “You’re meant to be there,” she said.

Unknowingly, she got a cab. She had little hard time of getting her bag in, though it’s only one, her hand was weak enough to support it. She finally sat and the driver asked her, “Miss, where are you going?”

 

“To a place where I can forget everything again,” she said. Definitely, the driver had to repeat his question again, but she just replied, “Just drive.” The driver had no choice but to follow what her passenger said but the thing is, he’d been driving for almost forty-five minutes and her passenger was not even saying a word. Hence, the driver kept on peeking at her.

“Excuse me Miss, don’t misinterpret this, I’m not a bad person… But can I ask your name?” the driver asked.

“My name?” Sulli asked almost like a whisper.

“Yes,” said the driver who has wonderful ear to hear Sulli’s soft and husky voice, probably from crying, he thought.

 

“My name… my name…. my name is S…San…Sandra,” she hardly said.

“Okay Miss Sandra, you see, I’ve been driving here for almost forty-five minutes but you’re not saying even a particular place to go. I hope you understand; I’m a hardworking man and my job here deserves a prize.. And maybe my instinct say that you have no money in hand to pay the fare,” said the driver.

Sulli, no…. Sandra was awakened by that. Right, she’s in a taxi right now and she’s been staring blankly. She put her hand in her pocket only to get a handkerchief out of it. She sighed and the driver knew it.

The driver stopped on a corner. He stopped the engine, and removed his seat belt. Then, he went out opening the door for Sandra. She got what he meant so she went out from the cab with her bag. She raised her head only to see the mad driver with his arms over his chest.

 

“I knew it, from the time you entered my cab, the only thought that came to my mind is that you were like an abandoned puppy walking on the streets,” said the driver.

“Abandoned?... Yes, I’m abandoned,” said Sandra trying to ingest what the mouthy driver said.

“And now, you have…. not a single penny on your palms,” said the driver then her put his pinky finger on his lips, “You seem not suitable but let’s try… follow me,” said the driver. Perhaps, Sandra’s broken and she certainly can’t read the guy. But, Sandra has no choice, she owes him.

Sandra’s nerves became a little calm when she learned that they’re entering a café.

“Hey Taeyeon, this is Sandra and she’ll be working here until she pays her debt. Make sure she does well,” the driver or might as well the authoritarian said and then left. Sulli was left astounded from what she’s just witnessing. She’s confused.

“Hey, you might’ve heard my name from boss already but I guess I have to repeat it, I’m Taeyeon, boss’ assistant. I’ll be handling you from now on,” said the cheerful girl.

“Boss?” asked Sandra.

“Yeah, that man’s my boss and the boss here,” said Taeyeon opening her arms to the café.

“But he’s taxi driver,” said Sandra frowning.

“I wondered why he kept up that job too, and until now, I don’t know. Anyway, I’m just his assistant and all I have to do is follow what he says,” said Taeyeon.

“What’s his name?” asked Sandra.

“Oh! You got mesmerized by him too?! You know he’s really handsome right? He always has that stern face and mystical aura that every girl would wonder. He’s Boss Sehun. Mr. Oh Sehun, Les Monet Café’s owner,” said Taeyeon happily, “Honestly, I haven’t talked to him personally yet, not for business things,” her expression changes as she said that.

Definitely, Sandra’s not mesmerized by that taxi driver, she’s just asking, maybe because he’s her boss now.

“Anyway, where in the world did you come from? Just look at your face, you’re so haggard,” said Taeyeon she went out from the counter and walked towards Sandra.

“And what is this bag?” she asked, “Did you… perhaps left your house?” asked Taeyeon gazing at her.

“I have actually no house,” said Sandra bowing.

Taeyeon can only sigh. “All right! I’m going to be a savior now!” she said as she helped Sandra on her bag. They went to the locker room where she fixed into a waitress. “Well, that suits you better,” Teayeon remarked.

------------------------------------------

IU threw her bag at Yuri’s face as she entered the same Chinese restaurant.

“How dare you act without letting me know!” shouted IU furiously.

“Stop shouting okay? We’re on a private room not a sound proof one,” said Yuri smirking.

“How dare you,” IU said passively as she sat across Yuri.

“Hey!!! It’s not like I was the one behind it. And you see? I’m still Yuri. I haven’t even started having surgery on my precious face. And yeah! It would be hell-like if I’ll wear Sulli’s face every day,” said Yuri.

“So, how can you explain to me everything Yuri?” asked IU with authority.

“I don’t know either. Perhaps, her twin appeared,” said Yuri grinning.

“What the hell are you talking about?” asked IU more furiously.

“You see… Just the other week, I was walking at the tennis courts when I saw someone familiar. And I was right, I saw Sulli! I approached her pals and asked them. All I’ve got to hear from them is that she had amnesia. Definitely, she doesn’t know her name so they just named her Sue. Using my brain, I of course told them that I was her niece,” said Yuri laughing.

“You’re really a witch,” said IU laughing.

“So then, I told her every single detail I knew and I did not even let a excluded… How pitiful you were,” she said and laughed, “I even told her that you were her wicked step sister,” said Yuri laughing horribly.

“Shut up! I never had a sister!” IU exclaimed.

“Oh yeah! I almost forgot. Her pals told me that they found her from a car accident too and that also happened almost nine years ago,” said Yuri with the change of expression, “Which only means we can also be fooled.”

“What the hell are you talking about?!” shouted IU.

“Can you not shout your lungs out?!” busted Yuri right after IU. “I’m trying to say that there are two Sullis. And that the other Sulli is truly identical with the other! So I thought that if Minho have the other Sulli, let’s hand her the other Sulli. By then, two Sullis will be suffering; one for you and one for me, okay? And as for the first Sulli, I’ll leave her to you,” Yuri said enlarging her eyes then got her bag as she stood up, “Bye,” she added and left banging the door.

"Twins," muttered IU.

--------------------------

Happy Holidays!!!!;-)