Pain in the Pang

When the World Suddenly Shattered

Pain in the Pang

Sandra had an overnight. Jess told her that she’ll be out for a date. Sandra only smirked at it when she heard Jess; she’s having an eye with Sehun when she’s dating somebody.

Good thing, Sehun told her that he’ll not be able to pick her. Perhaps, she wants to be alone for a while.  Seeing Minho brings her a memory she needs to forget as though she never wanted them at all. Now, she just got out from the café with her aching shoulders. She’s stretching it when somebody spoke from her back.

“Where are you going?” said the man from the back. Sandra already knew who was talking, and she can only close her eyes to prevent tears from flowing. But why do tears threaten to fall from her eyes whenever she sees him or hear his voice?

“What are you doing here?” Sandra asked, her back facing Minho.

“That’s just a nice answer… It’s already eleven and as far as I know, you’re dismissed at nine. So, what are you doing here… in this night… planning to go home alone. Or, are you just planning to escape from me?” asked Minho smirking as he walked to face Sandra.

“I don’t need to answer your first question. Besides, I never paid attention to what you said a while ago… Wait, don’t… tell me you waited until I got out?” Sandra said in shock.

“Yes, and I’ll keep on waiting until you’ll talk to me,” said Minho, his arms over his chest.

“Oh right, I’m talking with you right now, so… can I go home now?” asked Sandra with bitterness on her voice.

Minho can only tolerate enough. He pulled Sandra’s wrist and dragged her.

“Hey, stop it! Where are you taking me? This is harassment!” shouted Sandra and Minho freed her wrist.

“You call it harassment?... Sulli... Oh right! Sandra… please, don’t pretend like we never knew each other,” said Minho with serenity.

“Okay… what do you want to talk about?” Sandra asked. Minho looked around them and dragged Sandra back to his car.

As Sandra entered Minho’s car, he felt a familiar scent. It was her favorite air freshener flavor… pines.

“It’s good feeling the same way again, isn’t it?” asked Minho.

“I already forgot everything that happened. Remember, I already have a fiancée,” said Sandra with her stone face.

“I don’t believe you… things can never be forgotten in just two weeks, that’s just illogical ,” said Minho.

“Get it straight. We’re not talking about logistics here,” said Sandra.

Minho heaved and uttered words that he’s been keeping. “Look.. I just don’t understand it…. One time, you woke up then my world started to shine again…” he said as tears flowed from his eyes. “One time, a person who looked like you appeared and my world suddenly shattered and… and I don’t know why? I should be happy knowing that reality has come… but it just really hurts like… like… like a hot water is being poured over my body every time I think of you… you… after the day at the park, you just disappeared from the house like a bubble!” said Minho almost shouting with agony.

 

“You’re only thinking of yourself, are you?” replied Sandra as a tear dropped on her hand. “Minho… I’m also hurt… And the best way I think I can relieve such pain is to forget everything…. I… I never knew anybody else…. I want to seek others help like Victoria but every time I think of doing it, it just makes wounds swell again… knowing that they, you,  only helped me  because you didn’t know I wasn’t the real Sulli,” cried Sandra.

“I need to forget everything,” said Sandra as she tried to wipe every tear that would come out from her eyes.

“’Need’ to forget everything is different from wanting to forget everything,” said Minho staring at the stirring wheel.

Sandra sighed and succumbed. Minho is right, she can’t hide it anymore.

“Tell me Sandra… for six months that we’re together… you want to forget everything?” asked Minho trying to control his emotions.

Sandra raised her head and saw Minho intently looking at her. Tears are pooling on his eyes. If only Sandra is allowed to, she would want to wipe it, caress Minho’s face and hug him. For now, she can only stare at him, like it will be the last moment before she’ll give her final closure to everything in her past.

“I know Sandra… I can read it in your eyes… and I also feel the same,” said Minho as he put her hands on Sandra’s face. “No matter how hard I try to shut my eyes and forget you for a moment, you pretty face just keep on flashing… how you smile, how you laugh and everything that makes you beautiful in every angle that I see you,” said Minho as Sandra looked away.

“Don’t you hallucinate… And don’t you mistake me for another person again. Look… We have the same face okay so don’t mention those creepy words in front of me coz’ it was never me!” said Sandra as tears threaten to fall again. “Gosh! I suppose I should stop drinking liquids… my tears don’t seem to drain.” She added as she wiped her face.

“No Sandra! Tears won’t stop unless you let everything that binds you inside. You’re being a prisoner by yourself,” said Minho.

“You don’t have the right to say those words to me,” said Sandra looking outside the window.

“Oh yeah… just because you already eliminated me from your life?... Tell me, if an old man whom you never knew gave you an advice, would you tell him that he does not have the right to advice you?” asked Minho. “I’m trying to say those words not because I am your worst nightmare…. I only care for you… even just… a stranger,” said Minho with punches on his chest.

Sandra closed her eyes. Her diamond heart just became like talc schist.

“Minho… tell me what you want to happen then,” said Sandra.

Minho remained silent at that. Yeah, that was the question he’s been thinking while waiting for Sandra.

“Are you just going to talk to me without purpose?” asked Sandra. “Then, this ends everything. I hope… we’ll never see each other again. I need to get going. Good bye,” said Sandra as she opened the door.

“Sandra… how can you put everything on the trash?” said Minho and that stopped Sandra.

“Simply because…. I realized that you were really an insignificant part of my life,” said Sandra as she shut the door.

As soon as Sandra shut the door, she hugged her bag as tears continuously flowed from her eyes with her teeth’s gnashes.

After Sandra shut the door, Minho’s mind went blank. He then laid his head in the stirring wheel. After a while, his brain just worked when he realized that it’s really late and Sandra’s walking alone.  He does not even know where she’s heading.

“She can’t be far already,” Minho ushered as he’s driving to street opposite from the café.

After a minute, Minho found Sandra walking alone. The wind is swooshing on her face making few strands of her hair fly in the air. She’s crying and Minho can only look from afar.

Suddenly, a drunkard walked passed her. Then he stopped and returned to see the maiden. Sandra does not even care.

“Hey miss, what are you doing here? Walking in the night… alone?” said the drunkard. Minho felt the need of going out when he stopped as he noticed Sandra talking to the man.

“Hey… it seems drunkards became my punching bags every time I’m in an awful but kind of elegant situation,” said Sandra as she smirked. The drunkard was about to held her neck when she dropped her bag and punched him hard on his face making him fall to the ground.

Minho then got out from his car and walked just a few meters from his car and dragged Sandra.

“You still haven’t disappeared?” asked Sandra as she was being dragged by Minho. That brought stabs on Minho’s chest. He then stopped in front of his car, beside the front passenger’s seat.

“What now? You’re dragging me here coz’ you already have an answer to my question?” asked Sandra, her voice was trembling. Minho didn’t care and opened the door for Sandra. Sandra only stared at it.

“Don’t make me carry you inside,” said Minho not looking at Sandra. Sandra had no choice but to follow what Minho said. He has a point and she can’t meet any drunkard again.

As Minho took his seatbelt, he asked Sandra, “Where are you living?”

Sandra thought for a while…. Right, Minho is not asking her residence because he wants to keep her by himself… but because he just needs to get her home.

“Just turn left and follow the end of the street,” said Sandra and Minho nodded.

After a few minutes, they arrived in front of a big gate.

“So, this is where you live…” said Minho.

“It’s Sehun’s” Sandra replied. Minho clenched his hands on the stirring wheel.

“Why are you living with him?” asked Minho who can’t contain what he’s hearing.

“We’re fiancées,” said Sandra. Those words just came out from swiftly with no hesitation, thought Minho.

Minho smirked and said, “I know you’re in a pretend world.” Just then, a man appeared in front of his car; the lights emanating his face.

Sandra then got out from Minho’s car and went to hug Sehun with a kiss on his cheeks. Minho looked away.

After a while, he lowered his mirror. “Hey, watch out for your fiancée, a drunkard might’ve also fell for her,” he said with bitterness and drove off.

---------------------------

Sandra entered the house and sat at the nearest chair. She just sat while staring blankly at the floor.

“Hey, what’s wrong with you? What did you just do?” Sehun asked.

“Thank you for doing me a favor,” said Sandra emotionless.

“Favor?” Sehun asked.

“That man… was Minho,” said Sandra and Sehun got it.

“The person you don’t want to see… Well, I just did my part. It’s not a favor,” he said.

“Sehun… can I ask you a favor then?” Sandra asked.

“Anything,” Sehun uttered.

“Can you help me move on?” Sandra uttered.

“Wow… I mean… that’s just a weird thing to ask,” Sehun said with shivers on his spine.

“I know and it’s exactly my medicine,” said Sandra.

“Stop acting strange,” said Sehun.

“Do I look strange?” asked Sandra, but Sehun just gave her a blank expression.

“I guess I am,” Sandra said.

“Just rest. Sohyun agreed that you can use her room,” said Sehun.

Just when Sehun was going to walk upstairs, Sandra spoke.

“Sehun, how does pain feel like?” she asked.

“I don’t know how to define it but maybe I can connect… Pain… is something you can cry out. Every tear that would come out from your eyes is equal to every  great thing you’d do tomorrow. Good night,” said Sehun and walked to his room.

-----------------------------------------------

Sorry for the short update… I’ll try to update a little longer next time.

Thanks for reading! J