13 Excluded

When the World Suddenly Shattered

It’s been two months since Sandra was introduced as Sehun’s fiancée and she can’t tell whether she is doing well. They actually have family dinner every weekend and it’s making her feel uncomfortable specially that Sehun’s parents are really intimidating. They ask many questions and most of them were about herself. And all she can answer them is that she had amnesia and all she can say are things that happened the day she woke up… excluding the part that she wanted to eliminate all throughout her life.

Minho, he’s still bugging her. No matter how she keeps ignoring it, she just can’t help it. At least thrice a week, Minho is going to then café and keeps her on special request. She can’t tell it to Sehun, maybe because she doesn’t want to be treated unfairly. Even how much he treats Minho as an ordinary costumer, she just can’t help feeling pain whenever her eyes are pinned at the sight of him.

And now, she’s facing a greater problem. In two weeks, there’ll be a wedding. Not of any friend but her. She’ll be having a wedding with Sehun. Both of them never wanted anything like it to happen but they were left with no other good choice. Sehun’s parents are pushing through the wedding… they said, it’s for the company’s sake. Sehun, as the successor of his family’s company, he has to take over. It was the board’s condition that unless Sehun will get marry, most of the stockholders will back out. Marriage with no one involved in the business world was actually so irrelevant and who would think of such plan. No, the question should be, why would they think of such plan?

She tried to ask it to Sehun but Sehun can only shrug his shoulders signaling that he doesn’t know either. But Sandra has the instinct that why would Sehun not know? Maybe, he actually knew the reason but he thinks that time will only reveal it.

On the other hand, it came to Sehun’s mind that maybe he should consider working out with Sandra. One time, he told it to Sandra. As expected, she was surprised. But later, Sehun was also surprised when Sandra told him that she consider it. Perhaps, they made a settlement that they would nullify the marriage if they won’t work out.

Talking on the present situation, Sandra is sitting across Sehun in an American restaurant. They’ve actually decided to have dinner dates twice a week, hoping that their relationship will work out. It was actually Sandra’s idea. When she told it to Sehun, she immediately brushed off the idea but Sehun immediately spoke up saying that it was a great idea. He said “great.”

“So, how are you doing? I’m sorry I was not able to text you back. My schedule was really hectic,” Sehun said.

“It’s okay. At least I can see you right now,” Sandra said smiling.

“You’re starting to fall for me?” said Sehun and winked mischievously.

“Hey! Stop teasing me,” said Sandra suppressing a laugh.

“C’mon. What if I say… I’m falling for you,” said Sehun in his serious voice. Sandra immediately drank her glass of water. “That was cute,” uttered Sehun as he pinched Sandra’s blushing cheeks.

“Uhhhmmm… Stop bluffing. It’s not a good joke,” she said.

“I won’t insist if you don’t believe me,” said Sehun. Just in time, their dinner arrived.

“You really love steak,” said Sandra as the dishes were all served.

“Not when you cooked me that crab dish,” said Sehun looking at Sandra.

“What?” Sandra asked.

“Nothing… it’s just that… I never expected anything like this to happen,” said Sehun as he took his table knife and cut his steak.

“I’m not sure if I understand you,” said Sandra.

“That I met a girl like you,” said Sehun and smiled. Sandra looked at her side and groaned before facing Sehun.

“Talking about girls, they seem to have smelt your scent until here,” said Sandra and smirked. Sehun looked at his side and winked at the girls.

“Even those in the café, they seem to envy me a lot. If I can only throw you to them, I should’ve done it,” she added as Sehun looked at her.

“You’re jealous?” he asked.

“Not really,” she said laughing.

“’Not really….’ Does that mean there’s atleast1% probability that you’re actually jealous?” Sehun teased.

“Hey, just eat your steak. Nosy bugs will come in no time,” she said in a joke and they both laughed. Meanwhile, Sehun sighed deeply.

“It’s really nice we’re talking like this,” said Sehun.

“Yeah… I really thought you’re a cold person,” said Sandra.

On the other hand, Baekhyun is talking to his phone. He’s actually at the same restaurant as Sehun’s. Not that it’s a coincidence but he became a ‘part time’ spy. Well, you can actually call it only as a ‘look-out.’

“Minho, it seems they’re really working out,” Baekhyun said to his phone. He only heard a deep sigh from the other line.

“So, I guess it can’t be helped. So how did Sulli react?” asked Baekhyun. Talking about Sandra’s ‘twin,’ Minho decided to break up with her. It actually hard knowing that his love grew since when… college. But it can’t be helped. The girl she loved was Sulli... the old Sulli but he can’t see his love when he learned of the new Sulli. She was indeed… the biological Sulli basing from the DNA results but his heart can’t be thought whom to beat for.

“Dude… I guess it was fine with her. I actually learned that she also felt like she wasn’t moved by me. I mean… that she also doesn’t feel feelings about me or should I just say that she was just pretending from the very beginning that she likes me but in the end… she gave up trying to regain things what they used to be… and I think it’s fate,” said Minho.

“Fate… you call it? Okay, fate. So, you think you should fight for her?” asked Baekhyun.

“I’ll try,” said Minho.

“It’d not work if you’ll only try. Do it. But wait, how would you do it when she has a fiancée?” asked Baekhyun.

“They’re disguise fiancés,” said Minho stressing the word disguise.

“Not if I tell you that they’re trying to consider working out together,” said Baekhyun.

“Well… I don’t want to be an antagonist but I don’t want to worry for the future. I only want to think of what I can do… right now,” said Minho. Baekhyun can only guess that if they’re talking face to face, Minho’s face can’t be read.

“What if I tell you… that they’ll be wed in two weeks,” said Baekhyun.

“I’ll make sure that it won’t happen… not unless she fell for him,” said Minho.

“As your friend, I’ll only say sorry coz’ I don’t know how to console you,” he said. Seconds passed that they’re not talking.

“Baekhyun… things are getting more complicated,” Minho uttered.

“What are you trying to say?” he asked.

“Luhan… he’ll be coming home tomorrow,” said Minho.

Baekhyun sighed. “I too… don’t want to wake up in the morning. Bye,” he said and dropped his phone. He returned to his table after the call.

He turned his gaze at the two ‘lovebirds’ you call it. It seems like he’s watching a drama of two destined people having undeniable chemistry. From his horizon, he can see that Sehun is handling his red-wrapped present to Sandra. Though, he can actually hear their conversation. He sat two meter radius from them disguised with his black cap, shades and face mask. It’s actually peculiar that he’s wearing a face mask.

Sandra received the gift happily and then Baekhyun heard Sehun saying that it would be nice if Sandra will open it.

Sandra nodded and opened the gift. It seems that she was surprised.

“You like it?” asked Sehun.

“I… Why did you give me… a cactus?” she asked.

“Cactus?” thought Baekhyun. As he can remember back in college, she gave a cactus present to Luhan.

“You don’t like cactus?” asked Sehun.

“No… it’s just that… it… reminds me of something,” said Sandra and stared for the cactus for like a minute.

“Actually… I also don’t know why I had cactus as a present for you… It’s just that… when I went at the botanical garden… that cactus caught my attention and it reminded me of you… I just really don’t know why,” said Sehun.

“Sehun… I don’t know,” uttered Sandra still staring at the cactus.

“I don’t understand,” said Sehun.

Suddenly, tears fell from Sandra’s eyes. “I don’t know… I don’t understand… but I only know one thing… that I should take care of this cactus,” she said and looked at Sehun. Sehun only stared at her. He does not know what to say.

Meanwhile, they’ve decided to leave and Baekhyun is still keeping an eye on them until they drove off. Inside Sehun’s car, nobody is talking.

“I still haven’t said thank you so… Thank you,” said Sandra.

“I don’t mind,” said Sehun.

“I mean thank you… for everything. It’s the only gift that words aren’t enough to express,” said Sandra but Sehun didn’t talk back. “Sehun… what if I tell you something?” she asked.

“What if… what if …. what if I tell you that…that I can already remember things?” she uttered with her teary eyes as she looked at Sehun.

---------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm sorry if I was like... I mean I haven't updated for maybe more or less a month? But here's it. Thank you for reading!!! :-)