Friendship Day

When the World Suddenly Shattered

Chapter 6: Friendship Day

Sulli kept going to the hospital visiting Minho and Luhan is frustrated. He can’t even stop what Sulli’s thinking. Perhaps, he doesn’t own her.

 

Would he just probably give up now?

 

His close friend Sehun came to the café where Luhan asked him. Good thing that Sehun also decided to finally settle down in Korea.

 

“What’s up? I’m the one who usually calls you first. This is the third time you asked me so… what’s up?... You’re not going to ask me about having a decision..right?” asked Sehun nervously. First time that Luhan called him up is when he got rejected by Sulli for the first time. Second, when he got back to America and cried to him that he lost the tournament against Minho, and told him that he finally gave up Sulli. So, what about now?

 

“Should I give up her?” asked Luhan and took a glass of strawberry wine.

“What do you mean give up? You’re not referring to Sulli, are you?... Don’t tell me you haven’t given up on her yet,” said Sehun and put some wine on his.

 

 

“I was wrong. I thought I already did… but when I came back and learned what happened, my feet pulled me to the hospital and my mouth said I’d take her back,” he said putting his arms on his chest.

“Tell me why you’re saying such,” said Sehun staring at Luhan.

 

“I think fate is whispering me to do it. Even though Sulli lost her memories, it seems fate is still having its way to have the two again,” said Luhan.

Sehun drank the his whole glass of wine and said, “Remember what I told you when you lost to Minho during the semi-finals?... I know this may seem gay again, but… I have to repeat this… Every lost game inspires us to try one more time, always remember…defeat is temporary, but giving up makes it permanent.”

Luhan smirked and replied, “Well, I think I should take it, finally. Perhaps, that seems to be your favorite quote,” and then he drank again.

 

“I hope you could also take this…. Maybe, you’re letting her go because you love her and you don’t want her to be hurt,” said Sehun.

“I should also thank you for being sentimental,” said Luhan, “Cheers!”

The truth, Luhan is still on the first stage of acceptance. “Well, I might not have the right to say this but as a friend risking his coolness for his brother…  accept whatever comes, and meet it with courage and with the best that you can give,” Sehun said.

“One day, I’ll come to understand that fully. For now, I guess… I just have to be contented… Contented on what I have… not on everything I want,” he said sighing.

------------------------------------

Sulli’s anxious. It’s already twelve midnight and Luhan’s not back yet. She can’t even contact him. Suddenly, she noticed an unfamiliar car driving through the garage. Then, a man went out after parking, supporting Luhan.

 

“Hey, I’m sorry. Wine became soju. He actually drank a lot so I have to take him home myself,” Sehun said as he positioned Luhan on the sofa.

 

“Sulli… I love you even of you don’t love me,” Luhan muttered with his drunk tone and totally fell on his deep sleep.

 

Sehun looked at Sulli as Sulli also did.

“When times are hysterical, there are bound to be hysterical decisions made. I’ll leave you this crazy rascal. Bye!” said Sehun and left.

“That guy’s weird,” thought Sulli.

-----------------------------------------

Luhan woke up in the morning with his head throbbing. He called out for Sulli but nobody answered. It only meant one thing; she’s at the hospital… with Minho.

“You don’t need to be here always. It’s not that I’d die you know,” said Minho fixing his dextrose.

 

“Sorry. I just can’t help but worry. I still feel guilty,” said Sulli.

 

“I told you, it’s not your fault. I was the one who insisted anyway,” said Minho looking at Sulli.

 

“You know, I just read this quote and it says, ‘Health is the second blessing hat we mortals are capable of – a blessing that money cannot buy,’ from Izaak Walton,” said Sulli innocently.

 

“That’s good. Perhaps, the greatest university of all is a collection of books, you know,” said Minho and shrugged Sulli.

On Minho’s thought, he just hopes Sulli could get well… soon. As for Luhan, he haven’t seen him for a while. Could he probably be planning for something?

-------------------------------------------------

After Minho went out from the hospital, he rested at his house for a while with some colleagues and friends coming to visit him.

For now, Minho is in the dining room facing Baekhyun.

“How are you?” Baekhyun asked.

“I don’t think you’ll see me as a crying man,” Minho replied passively.

“Snap it out… You seem bright now,” he said.

“Well, I always do,” Minho remarked.

“I mean, you seem less worried. Should I guess seeing Sulli’s lively face everyday bore it?” Baehkhyun asked.

“I guess, I just realized something on the hospital while I was just there, alone, thinking of nothing but myself. I thought, I only thanked you few times,” Minho said.

“What about the topic? You’re acting weird. You’re not telling me that something would happen, right?” he asked.

 

“I just wanted to thank you. You’ve been a brother to me since I entered this career. You’ve been their every time I needed you, when I was in despair, in joy and everything. Baekhyun, thank you,” said Minho bowing his head.

Baekhyun sighed and told him with a smirk, “I guess I have to thank you too. Thank you for being a person whom I can share my weird thoughts.”

 

“Friends are like newly found diamonds covered in a dirt and coal. You will never know their beauty until you have chipped away the cover with tools of love and understanding. Inside, something wonderful but different waits. Each possesses love that can cut through fear, racism, and pain with a light so brilliant that is not limited to only one color but includes the entire spectrum. And I can say with a good heart that you are rich beyond imagination,” said Baekhyun cynically.

“Well, thank you even if I’m still not able to digest that,” said Minho taking a sip of his Ceylon tea.

-------------------------------------

“Sulli, what’s about you calling me?” asked Victoria as she sat across Sulli in the café.

“Nothing, I just wanted to bond with you perhaps, I haven’t actually had a one on one with you since I woke up,” said Sulli as she took a sip of her coffee.

“Okay, so what do you want us to talk about?” asked Victoria.

“Anything,” Sulli simply said.

“Well, I can’t actually think of something when you say ‘anything,’ you know,” said Victoria and fixed her bag.

“I see… then, can I ask about you?” Sulli said.

“Sure, you can,” she replied.

“How long have you been my friend?” asked Sulli though she knew it may be a bit awkward to ask that question with a friend.

“Maybe, ten years up to now,” said Victoria, “I’m not actually counting it. Sometimes, time doesn’t matter on determining true friends or not. Perhaps, prosperity makes friends, adversity tries them,” she said.

 

“Well, since I woke up, I only knew Minho, Luhan, you and Baekhyun as close friends. Can I ask you how to make another one?” asked Sulli, “I read that… having many friends would be nice.”

“Actually, friendship is the hardest thing to explain in the world. It’s not something you learn in school, so I might as well say this… Do you know the best vitamin to make friends?” asked Victoria grinning.

“What?” Sulli asked.

“B1,” Victoria replied, “You know sometimes, it takes a year to make a friend, but you can just lose one in an hour,” said Victoria sighing.

 

“Victoria… this may seem personal…but… have you ever lost one?” asked Sulli.

“You… when you had that accident and you haven’t woken up for weeks and it turned to be years, I thought I’d be losing you or I might as well say, I lost you but I really hadn’t. I have you all the time,” said Victoria.

 

Sulli sighed and looked to the sky, “The sky’s so blue and the weather is so fine… This world is so wonderful to live… You know… I-I just wonder how I do eight years ago… Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget… I might be so lucky to find one like you,” said Sulli smilling as she looked on Victoria’s face. “Victoria… Thank you for having you in my life, I’ll treasure every time I’ll be with you from now on,” she added.

“You’re acting weird,” remarked Victoria.

“Victoria… I should probably tell you this but I’m not really sure of it… I… I-I…. I think…. I’m starting to remember things about you,” said Sulli.

“That’s great! I should probably tell Minho!” exclaimed Victoria.

“No…. I want to do it myself… I just want to surprise him if ever a day like remembering everything would really happen,” she said seriously.

------------------------------------------------------

Minho is at the seaside where Luhan and him decided to meet. For what? Minho does not actually know, clueless. But he’s feeling something indefinite. Like he’d be happy or not. Finally, Luhan arrived.

“I won’t take this any longer Minho… I’ll leave Sulli with you. I finally decided to accept my defeat. Perhaps, it really hurts my pang seeing her worry for you always,” said Luhan with his hands on his pockets. “Once and for all, I can truly ask you to be with her every time she needs you. Be her pillow when she sleeps… be her handkerchief when she cries. Treat her when she’s ill… feed her when she’s hungry… Make her smile when she’s sad…and… give her the love she deserves,” he added and immediately turned his back but Minho grabbed his shoulder.

 

“You’re not being a good opponent. How can you forfeit just like that?” Minho irritably asked.

 

“Why? I’m already giving you the chance so just accept it. I don’t want to be any hindrance anymore. I want both of my friends be happy and that would also make me happy, so don’t even assume I did it for her, for you or for myself. I did it for the three of us. So now, I only ask you to do me a favor,” said Luhan.

 

Minho heaved and also put his hands on his pockets, “Don’t even assume I’ll do such thing for you. I’ll do it even if you haven’t told me,” said Minho smiling.

 

 

“Man up or else I’ll come back!” shouted Luhan more than three meters away from Minho, and bid his goodbye.

------------------------------------

I just wanted to cite few people for having me inspired by their quotes and I was also able to include them here.

Rilloma, N. C. & Sarsoza Jr., J.F. (2005) Nuggets of Wisdom, Philippines: Philippine Publishing House.

( Syrus, P., Randolf, G.,Ali, M., Soliven, M. & Roosevelt., E) Also, thank you to my friends who always send quotes to me via text message…lowl… and… Thank you for reading… now that I finally saw my flaws when I had time to edit this chapter… I am laughing myself coz’ I really have so many typographical errors and I appreciate you’re able to read and understand the other chapters. I hope I could also have time to edit them… Forgive me and thank you! To God be the glory!