Step Forward

When the World Suddenly Shattered

Chapter 4: Step Forward

Victoria saw Minho by the seat outside Sulli’s room.

“What’s up?” she asked and sat beside him. Minho didn’t even move nor answer.

“You were the one who brought the cake, right?.... Even if you don’t answer me, I know you were. You should’ve told her,” said Victoria.

“There’s no need,” Minho simply said.

“Then, are you okay that somebody’s taking what you’ve worked hard?” asked Victoria.

“Don’t make a big fuss. It’s just fine as long as she ate the cake,” Minho said.

Victoria sighed and said, “How long will you be like that? If you’ll let what happened pass, the next will be like that again!”

“Do you understand what you’re saying Victoria?  Sometimes, we have to let go for us to grow, for us to learn, and for us to be strong.” Minho said sighing.

 

“Of course I do know that. I know you’re hurt the most here and I only care for you and Sulli! It’s not just right that Luhan will come and act like nothing did ever happen! Minho… tell me those last words of yours when you do it for yourself not for Sulli” said Victoria crying her heart.

 

“Tell me what to do then,” said Minho sighing again and then, Victoria unexpectedly slapped his face.

 

“Yah! Don’t kid around?! Isn’t it obvious?! I slapped you so you can open your eyes and see what’s happening! Don’t be so blind Minho. You’ve seen how Sulli had gone through for more than eight years.. and now that she’d woken up, can you open your eyes again and see through her heart!” shouted Victoria letting out what her heart says.

 

Right after Victoria finished what she’s saying; Minho stood up and entered Sulli’s room.

“Sulli, can we go out tomorrow?” asked Minho with his red eyes.

 

“Dr. Choi..” said Sulli.

“Please don’t call me like that,” said Minho.

“M..Minho, I’m sorry but… I promised Luhan to be the first person I’ll be with once I’ll be cleared,” said Sulli bowing.

After hearing what Sulli said, Minho immediately ran out. Victoria also stopped; she heard everything from the half closed door. She fell from her knees.

-----------------------------------------

Sulli’s been cleared and now, she’s on the orphanage with Luhan. She’s smiling while watching the kids play with Luhan. They look like happy kids, then, a teenage boy caught Sulli’s attention. The boy walked towards her.

noona(Honorific for big sister, I think)

hyung(Honorific for brother, I think)

 

“Long time no see, Sulli noona,” the boy said, “Why aren’t you with Minho hyung? he asked.

“W-who are you?” Sulli asked the boy shyly.

“I guess what the new says was true. Minho hyung is really great. He always helps make the impossible be possible. I am happy for you noona and I’m also sorry for your loss… I am Yooguen and you used to call me ‘Yoogie’ more than eight years ago,” said Yooguen. Sulli just nodded and continued listening to him.

 

“After a week since you had the accident, Minho hyung visited here and even though I was very young back then, I clearly saw the emotions painted on his face no matter how he tried to smile at me while shrugging my hair. Since then, he came to visiting here at least once a month no matter how busy he was. Eventually, I looked up on him and he became my role model. He promised me to bring you here once you’re well… but I guess he’s really busy now,” said the boy then Luhan approached both of them.

 

“I see you’ve got a new buddy,” said Luhan catching his breath.

 

“I’m no new to her,” said Yooguen with pain on his eyes while staring earnestly at Luhan, “Perhaps, who are you? I’ve never seen you with Sulli noona before,” he said bravely then a nun came.

 

“Yoogeun, don’t act like that. He is our visitor and he’s with Sulli,” the nun said.

“Hi! I’m Luhan,” Luhan said offering his hand.

 

Yooguen frowned and said, “Sulli noona never told me about you.”

 

“I’ve been Sulli’s best friend years ago. I came here once again eight years ago and I haven’t seen you, maybe, that’s why,” Luhan said.

“They got separated when they were ten. Luhan was adapted then,” the nun explained.

 

“Then, your relationship ended since you were separated, right?” said Yoogeun.

Luhan snapped at that. This kid is making his blood boil.

 

“Ever since I was allowed to visit you, I kept coming to the hospital once a week and the person I only saw with you crying was Minho hyung. He’s been there talking with you though he knew you can never hear him. I did never saw Luhan hyung by any chance,” said Yoogeun defying Luhan.

 

“Yoogeun, kindly take these to the charter,” said the nun trying to ease the situation. Yoogeun took the container and went to the charter leaving the three of them.

 

“Luhan, I’m sorry for that kid’s attitude. I guess he went overboard,” said the nun suppressing a small laugh and Luhan also did.

 

“S-sister, can you tell me more about that kid. I feel something different when he came talking with me,” Sulli said.

 

“Sure I will. Yoogeun, that kid… he was your most favorite buddy. Since he was young, you’ve been close to him. Back then, he had a disease and our orphanage can’t afford his treatment. You were the one who made way to make his treatment possible… and you did it… with Minho. Both of you worked hard together almost every day after your classes. You even had fund raising activities,” said the nun with a visible glee on her face while telling the story.

 

“Maybe that’s why Yoogeun was that close with Minho since you were not around. Anyhow, I am happy to see you. Waking up from eight years in coma was really impossible. Thank God for such great blessing. I never thought I could see you again… And perhaps, I should really commend Minho for not giving up on you. Many people said that he should just remove your life support and let you go but he never did. It costs him so much but he was able to maintain it for you. His salary, bonuses and donations were all spent for you… I’m sorry Sulli, I’m not telling this to conscience you but I just can’t help being happy for you… especially for Minho… That the wish he’s been longing has come true,” said the nun.

Just then, Sulli realized that she really offended Minho that much, and how she owes her life to him.

On the other hand, if Minho can’t do it by himself, perhaps a push has to be made first, thanks to them.

------------------------------------------------

“Sulli, look what I have,” said Luhan as he entered Sulli’s new room. For now, she’s staying at Luhan’s house since she got out of the hospital. Luhan told Minho about it and obviously, Minho totally disagreed about it. But, Minho is still going through the situation in the state of being coward or kind enough to let Sulli go with his rival.

 

“This is the cactus you gave me as a present on my birthday eight years ago,” said Luhan smiling, “I took care of it because you told me that this cactus represents you. It can’t die so I really treasured it,” Luhan said smiling.

“Thank you Luhan… Can I ask you a favor?” asked Sulli.

“Sure,” Luhan said simply.

“Can we go to Minho? I need to talk to him.” asked Sulli.

Luhan can’t say no either. If he’d do that, Sulli would think he’s keeping her all by herself. He’s not that selfish. He clearly knew that Sulli needs to talk with Minho but he didn’t expect to be at instant.

--------------------------------------------------

It’s Mino’s day off and he called Baekhyun to come to his house. Baekhyun had been Minho’s refuge.

“There’s no need saying anything. I only came here to give my advice… Minho… stop holding unto what hurts, it’s only taking space for what feels good. Let it go,” Baekhyun said and turned his back, “Ah, perhaps chance is waiting for you, someone’s waiting at your door,” he said walking away through the back door. He wouldn’t want to see the person with Minho’s star.

Minho went to the door and surprised to see Sulli….. with Luhan.

 

“Hi…” said Sulli.

“Hi…” Minho replied awkwardly and then Luhan spoke up.

“Sulli wants to talk with you,” said Luhan.

“Luhan, can you leave me alone for this time. I need to talk to Minho… alone,” said Sulli and Luhan snapped out.

“Sure… I’ll wait for you in the car,” said Luhan reluctantly.

-------------------------------------------------

Sulli is sitting across Minho at the sala.

“Y-your house is really nice and…big,” said Sulli starting the conversation.

“Yeah, Baekhyun had the interior design,” said Minho.

“You… you were the one who brought the cake last time, right?” asked Sulli.

“Never mind that, it’s nothing,” said Minho.

“Nothing! We all want meaningful lives. We look for meaning in everything we do. But suppose there is no meaning! Suppose life is fundamentally absurd! Suppose there is no reason, or truth, or rightness in anything!.... What if nothing means anything? What if nothing really matters?!” asked Sulli with all her emotions. Minho didn’t expect that coming, even Sulli herself.

 

“Sometimes, you have to smile… pretend that everything’s okay. Hold back the tears and just walk away,” said Minho trying to defy Sulli.

“Minho…. It’s true that I’ve lost my memories and even I myself can’t stop asking why?... If you want people to love you, don’t pretend to be somebody you’re not! Be yourself no matter what! You are you and honestly, that’s something no one else can be! I don’t know what made me say this! I may have loved you years ago and now that I have amnesia, everything changed….but… I don’t know why my heart feels this way whenever I see a tear of yours flowing through your face!” said Sulli crying.

Minho can only feel relieved. Sulli is saying these things and tears came flowing through his face again.

 

“Well, that’s more like the Sulli I used to know. The Sulli who used to scold me and make me realize the things I never knew I should’ve been doing,” said Minho as he stood up embracing Sulli.

----------------------------------

Sorry for not updating soon...

Thank you for reading!:-)