I like books?

Amenity.

 

~~~~~~

 


 

~~~~~~

 

When I woke up, I saw Lia staring at me blankly. I sat up but stopped when I felt my back sore. I folded my arms on the table and yawned softly. I rubbed my eyes and I felt Lia pat my head softly.

 

“Gosh, you’re being a puppy again.” She murmured and I smiled.

“I’m a cute puppy that will make you feel like you want to keep me in your pocket forever.” I shot back and she laughed, getting up from her seat and to the fridge.

“I see you finished the milk, huh?” she stated and I rubbed the back of my neck. She pushed me away and sighed in annoyance.

"Sorry Lia. I'll buy for you..." I said as I looked down on to my laps.

“I wanna say something so you better listen.” She said and I nodded. She stood up, getting something before sitting down again. She put a pancake and a glass of orange juice in front of me, which I wasted no time in drinking the juice since my throat was so dry. She looked at me with wide eyes.

 

Oh no.

 

“Who told you to drink that?!”

“You placed it here! I thought you gave it to me!”

“No, I never said that! I just put it there! That doesn’t mean that is yours!”

“You can take another!”

“But you can’t drink that! You must drink the pure water and absolutely not the juice!”

“But both are still water!” I stated at her back. I could not understand what the hell was wrong with it!

“NO!! it’s different! You must let your body relax first so then you can eat all type of rubbish that you want!”

“Is that what you want to talk about?” I quickly changed the subject and she sighed deeply. She put two glass of pure water and a glass of orange juice in front of me again before talking.

“Thira, listen. Why did you sleep in the kitchen in the first place?” I muttered a soft ‘I don’t know’ at her. “You stupid, you know that. Anyway, I have to take a day off because of you so what about you go somewhere with me later?”

“You’re joking, right?” I asked but she only gave me a serious look. “Seriously? My back is killing me and you want me to go out with you?!” I saw the look on her face and I changed my mind almost immediately. "Fine..."

She smiled before telling me to drink the pure water, then the pancake and last the orange juice. I groaned. My back was still sore from the way I’ve slept and the fact that I was forced to go out did not make me happy at all.

 

~~~~~~

 


 

~~~~~~

 

I really wanted to kill Lia some times because she would always drag me to the certain places that I did not want to go like library. I did not know what so great about library but Lia seemed very like it though. I sighed as I looked at her again. If I did not agree earlier, I should be sleeping right now.

 

Hmm, what a luck.

 

I decided that I shall find my own book to read and that was what I did. I walked around, looking for the book that might be interest for me to read. Well, I would always judge from the cover…

Suddenly, I saw one book; the cover was red colour with black. I took the book slowly and read the title at the top; Lament. I turned the book and read what was written at the back.

 

                “Sixteen-year-old Deirdre Monaghan is a painfully shy but prodigiously gifted musician. She’s about to find out she’s also a cloverhand—one who can see faeries. When a mysterious boy enters her ordinary suburban life, seemingly out of nowhere, Deirdre finds herself infatuated. Trouble is, the enigmatic and conflicted Luke turns out to be a gallowglass—a soulless faerie assassin—and Deirdre is meant to be his next mark. Deirdre has to decide if Luke’s feelings towards her are real, or only a way to lure her deeper into the world of Faerie.”

 

When I finished reading, my brain could not stop thinking, imaging about it. I opened the book and read through page by page. I did not know how long I have been standing there but I did not care. No one walked there so I just stood still while reading until a voice calling my name. I almost dropped the book when I saw Lia staring at me with a serious face. I cleared my throat.

“You like Maggie Stiefvater?” She asked.

“Uh? Oh… I just try to read…” I answered but not the answer that she was hoping to hear.

“You should read ‘The Raven Boys’. That’s better…” She said before leaving me alone.

“Hey, wait!” I was about to run to her but stopped when I realized that I was still holding the book. I put it back in its place and walked away. I suddenly had an uneasy feeling inside of me and I did not like it.

 

“Hey Thira, what do you think about this book?” Lia asked me right after we sat down on to our sit and she handed me a book. I looked at the book and the first thought that came to me was; horror.

 

“I thought you don’t like horror books…” I said to her.

“I don’t like it but I think that book is interesting.” She said back. I scanned the cover again and the urge to read the book kicked in to my head. The cover was simple with blue colour and a beautiful girl at the front but enough to catch your attention. The title was ‘Blink Once’ it was written by Cylin Busby. I did not read what was written at the backcover like usual but I opened the book and began to read the first chapter instead.

                “Someone is crying. A girl. Not a pretty kind of crying, like actresses do, tears delicately streaming down a beautiful face. This is sobbing, sniffling, gasping for air. Crying hard. I have to wake up. I have to help her, whoever she is. I force my eyes open, but I don’t see anyone. I see a white wall—”

 

“THIRA!”

“HEY!”

“…”

“Sorry…” I mumbled at Lia and handed her that book back.

“So I’m not the only one who would always lose in books, huh?” Lia jokingly asked.

"I only lost in there for couple of seconds!" I defended myself.

“So, what do you think of it?” Lia asked me, changing the mode in the process but I did not mind.

“The book is nice, I guess…” I answered.

“Pft… ‘I guess’? Are you kidding me?!” We both laughed but quickly stopped it when we realized that we were still in the library.

“Hope you’ll enjoy the book…”

“Of course! Hey, it is about a dancer and a biker and they met at the hospital! Hwahh, can’t wait to read it!” Lia cheered excitedly and I chuckled.

 

 

A/N : 1185. Oh no. I'm really sorry for the mistakes! And sorry not sorry because I didn't update since 18 november(?). Hah! Sorry! OH HEY! Sweden Laundry is out!!!! I can't wait to see Changjo acting! JanGG!!!!