I need help

Amenity.

 

 

~~~~~~

 

Turned out, Jimin was not that stupid since he took me in to an Italian restaurant. I did not even know that restaurant was there before.

 

“What’s wrong with you today? I didn’t see Lia all day…” Jimin brought the topic as we were silently eating our meals. “Is she sick? Did you tell Jin about it?” He added. His voice was full with concern and curiosity which he could not hide it from me even though his face was blank.

 

“Actually… Lia is not sick. I guess but I’m not sure. She’s not in the apartment when I wake up this morning.”

 

“Did she go out to shop without telling you or something?”

 

“I don’t know. She’s not picking her phone up.” I said and Jimin nodded. He sipped his drink and looked around.

 

 

This is awkward…

 

 

“Say something…” I mumbled at him and he looked at me, confused. “Say something…” I repeated.

 

“Don’t you have to study?”

 

“I’ll study at night…”

 

“Why at night? I thought you need more time to study. Isn’t that the reason you quit last time?”

 

“What? Hey, are you angry with me since I did that?”

 

“You are becoming more like her…”

 

“Wait, what? Who?”

 

“Want to go to the water park next Wednesday?”

 

“What? No, I don’t want to. Hey, tell me; I’m becoming like whom?”

 

“Your dessert is here. Enjoy.” Suddenly the waiter came and I had a moment to wonder. When did I order dessert? And why it was only one? I looked at Jimin and he just smiled sweetly at me and said; “My treat”

 


 

I came home somewhere close to six. When I tried to unlock the door, I realized that it was not locked. The thought of Lia at home came to me and I rushed in. But then, I saw Minyoung doing work at the living room, my smiled faded. Of course Minyoung welcomed me and I felt happy but it did not last long as I closed the door of my room. I took my shower faster than ever and sat next to Minyoung who was still doing work at the living room right after I done.

 

“Got any news from Lia? Oh, did you eat yet? I can cook something for you.” Minyoung just like Lia sometimes but they were totally different in my eyes. I shook my head.

 

“I already eat earlier with friends…” I smiled and she smiled. I looked down on to the table and asked; “What is all this for?” The table was full of colourful papers, glues everywhere, big and colourful alphabets. I looked at her and she just grinned.

 

“This? I and my friends want to make a birthday party for someone. Want to join us? The party is on Wednesday, though…”

 

“No, thanks. I’m no mood to go party.”

 

“That’s okay. I know how you feel. Do you think I can do anything for you?” Minyoung asked and I shook my head politely, saying that I did not need it. She just smiled sweetly in return and patted my shoulder.

 

“Excuse me; I’ll be in the room. Call me if anything happen.”

 

“Oh Thira!” Minyoung suddenly called me, startling me. I turned to her

 

“Namjoonie came here earlier because he wanted to see you. How come you never tell me that you were going to be late? Heh, I’m sad, you know…” Minyoung pouted as I tilted my head to the side, thinking.

 

“Namjoonie? Mr. Namjoon?” I asked and she nodded


 

 

Days passed and still none of the news I got was from Lia. I thought I could forget about her for a while to focus in to my studies but at the end of the day I found myself back at the library and the restaurant that we used to go there together. I felt weird without her by my side. She would tell me to do the works, do my laundry, tidy my bed and my clothes when I was minutes late. We would sit down at the stairs in our collage and talk about each other. But now when I think about it; Lia had never talk about herself.

 

Her favourite food? I did not know…

 

Her favourite drink? Was it… milk? Carrots juice? I did not know…

 

Her favourite colour? Black and white, right? Wait, was it red? Or blue? I did not know…

 

Now when Lia was not around, I would ask Jimin to eat with me whenever we got free time. I already told Jin about Lia’s missing but the look on his face told me that he was not worried or surprised at all.

 

My daily routine after work changed little by little to the point it was absolutely not same as before; when Lia was with me. Now, almost every day after work, Jimin and I would eat at restaurant together. Sometimes, we even went to watch movies until late of night. We often asked Jin to join us. The oldest was way too nice to us to the point he brought Mr. Namjoon as well.

 

Not that I was complaining but I did not feel comfortable with Mr. Namjoon around. I still remembered once, no twice. Lia told me that she scared of Mr. Namjoon which was nonsense to me at first. But when I thought about it again, it actually made sense to me. Mr. Namjoon was a nice person but his personality could make people scare. With hair styled like that, wearing almost all black every day. But even when he wore blacks, he looked attractive enough to take people attention like mine. I could not take off my eyes of him sometimes. Oh, do not judge me. Mr. Namjoon was cool.

 

I could not remember the last time I checked my money in my account but I was sure my money was not that little. One day, I checked my money and it surprised me to find that my money had decreased so much than I thought. Later that night, I promised to myself to save money.

 

 

As if…

 

 

Easier said than done…

 

 


 

 

At one evening, I was waiting for the bus at the bus stop. I made a decision that I would go straight to the mall but suddenly, a call had made me jumped on my seat. I took out my phone from my new green jacket that I bought with Minyoung once we ordered it online. I saw an unknown name. I just decided to answer it, who knows may be it would be so important.

 

Turned out the call was from the library that I knew so well. The library that I and Lia often went together. The librarian told me to return a book which made me wondered for a minute. What book? I did not remember borrowing books from that library. I told the librarian that I did not borrow anything from the library but he did not believe me.

 

 

What’s wrong with this guy?! I know nothing about borrowing books!

 

 

Hours passed and I arrived at the apartment around nine o’clock. If Lia was here, she would scold me. Speaking of that girl, I wondered if she borrowed books from the library. I grabbed my phone, planning to ask her whether she borrowed books or not but I canceled it before I could push the call button.

 

She won’t answer…

 

I sighed and put my phone back on to the table. I already accepted the fact that Lia left me but I could not accept the fact that she left without telling me. At least, she shall tell me that she hated me or else. I looked around and noticed that Minyoung was not home. Maybe she went to prepare for the party. Now that, I thought about Minyoung. How could she was not sad? She looked calm and always happy. She would always jump here and there (in feminine way, of course) with that cute ribbon on her head.