New Job

Amenity.

~~~~~~

 

I was waiting for my friend outside the mall’s toilet. It was Sunday, though so we both decided to go to the cinema. I did not know why she was taking very long but I got bored and I decided to take a walk. I walked slowly as I eyed all the shops.

Suddenly, one guy or rather I say boy approached me and I turned to face him. He was smiling so happily with that cute face to the point I thought he was a boy, if not because of the height, of course. He was taller, though.

‘’Hi, beautiful! Would you mind visiting our shop? We’re having a promotion. Please, you’ll regret it if you don’t. Our shop is this way, come!’’ I saw he has made a way for me and I abashed a little. I thought for a while, standing there whilst scanning his face. A visit would not hurt, right?

After a few steps, I saw a shop and my jaw dropped at my sight before me.

I was searching but I did not even know what I was searching for. There were a lot of bracelets, rings, necklaces and many others accessories. I wowed for the nth time at this shop, not only because of the amount of accessorizes they have but also because the patterns and designs were so unique.

There were a lot of things that you could not find anywhere.

I picked one bracelet that the promoter showed me. As time passed, I realized that the promoter was still following me but, well I ignored him. Soon, I looked enough and called it a day and decided to pay for the bracelet. I was so confident at first but then I turned nervous. I looked over the counter to properly see since I was short. I only could see that the casher was packing my stuff and I not miss the cashier’s face.

So handsome.

I smiled but frowned when I saw the amount that I had to pay.

I was thinking what would happen if I run, but I would not do that. My money was not enough so I just stood there. I could not think properly, not until the promoter shook my shoulder. I turned my face to face him and that was the time I felt my tear just rolled down my cheek. I was so scared but I could see from his expression that he was panicking. The cashier that was sitting down earlier stood up and tried to calm me down.

‘’I-I’m sorry… can I come tomorrow. I-I’ll pay it tomorrow, really!’’ I said but somehow my voice failed me. What a shame!

Just then, a deep voice has made my eyes grow big. I froze upon hearing the voice, it felt as if the voice could chop off my head if I move. I heard him asking what was wrong and the cashier answered him. I heard the owner of the deep voice say ‘Jin Hyung’. Hyung. Meaning that the cashier was older than him and also, I got to know that the handsome guy was named Jin. Asak!

‘’Can you follow me to my room?’’ He asked and I snapped.

‘’Eh?’’ I blinked.

‘’Oh sorry, where are my manners? My name is Kim Namjoon, I’m the manager of this shop. Can you do follow me to my room?’’ He asked and I just nodded.

‘’So the whole scene is just because you can’t pay, that all.’’ The Kim Namjoon said and I nodded. I started to apologize and tried to make a good deal with him but to be honest, he was a scary person, really. No joke.

‘’I’m very disappointed with you. How can a girl like you forget to bring money? Wait, why did you even come here?’’ I lowered my head, because could not look at him in the face. He talked for about 7 minutes and I had to stand there like a doll or something. I was impressed with him because he could talk like that.

He talked a lot or rather I say scolded me a lot like how a mother scolded a kid.

 

~~~~~~

 


 

~~~~~~

 

I walked towards my apartment, which seemed like after few blocks from where I was standing. I looked at my watch, it was almost night time and I had to go home before 7 o’clock. I sighed.

I was not know why and how but I was sure that I just got a part-time job. I knocked on the front door and my friend opened it, I saw her dark face and knew that was a bad sign.

‘’Yes, may I help you? Anything?’’ She asked and I felt like slapping her in the face.

‘’Yah, let me in. I just want to sleep…’’ I said and she turned around, leaving me with the door open. I walked inside and was about to go inside our room when Lia stopped me by the arm.

‘’After finishing your bath, come to the kitchen then we will talk, got it?’’ I nodded and smiled at her before closing my door. I felt lucky having her as my friend, despite her always changing her mood and way of treatment. I knew a lot about her a lot but there are still things that I could not find out. She could be very mysterious and weird at times. I could only hope that she will not be mad at me later.

I sighed as I sat, receiving a bowl of rice from Lia. I was the only one eating, maybe she ate earlier. No doubt she did. Lia opened the fridge, scanning it before grabbing what I guess a kiwi fruit.

‘’Want some?’’ She asked and I shook my head. I only used to drink the yogurt or something with kiwi as the flavor but absolutely not the real kiwi. That made us different from each other; I would take something that was cooked and Lia would take something raw – just like tomato, carrots and kiwi.

Lia took a seat in front of me and she took a bite out of the kiwi in her hand.

‘’Why are you late, Thira?’’ Lia suddenly asked me and I almost jump out of my seat. I sighed. I was wondering how to tell her. I believe that she was mad at me so I had to choose the right word and way to explain it. Carefully.

‘’I’m sor-‘’

‘’What’s wrong with you? What’s wrong with that face? Why weren’t you there when I came out? Where were you? Did you even check your phone? Is your phone dead or what? You aren’t stupid. Why did you do that? Tell me a very good reason to let you sleep on the bed instead of the floor tonight.’’

I sighed, I knew that she was worried about me. It so obvious when someone called you 32 times and texted you 14 times. I knew it!

‘’First of all, I want to say sorry. Don’t blame it on me! Why were you taking so long in there? I got bored then I thought that a walk could kill the time so yeah. I went to a shop which was very nice, you should come with me nex-‘’

‘’Then you spent your time there until this late and bought nothing, huh?’’

‘’I bought something! And…’’ I stopped for a while to gather all the courage to tell her. ‘’I just got a part-time job.’’ I said and I saw her what-rubbish-are-you-saying face. Since I finished my meal, I washed it then sat down on the couch the next minute. Lia sat next to me, turning on the television since I did not feel like moving.

‘’So where is it and when did you get it?’’ Lia asked.

‘’When I was walking alone in the mall.’’ I replied and she said no more. We were just watching the television plus with some jokes like we always did. But then Lia, she suddenly said something.

‘’I’m sorry.’’ Lia said.

‘’Mm? For what?’’ I asked, curiosity taking over me.

‘’For yelling at you just now.’’ She answered and I chuckled. She glared at me and I laughed louder and louder. She would always be like this even when she did nothing wrong.

‘’Nah, it is okay. My work will start tomorrow and it’s from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. so be ready to be alone when I’m not around later.’’ I said to her and she nodded.

‘’black horse, white sheep… star and moon’’ Said Lia and she just smiled and laughed at the show that was showing. I heard it but decided to ignore it. Because even though if I ask her, nothing would change and she would smile and laugh sheepishly at me. I tried to google it before but it was no use. I’m used to it since I started to know her. But somehow, I knew that everything that she said got something hidden behind it.

 

 

 

A/N : 1505