Lion's Den

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CH 5

Lion's Den

 

Sulli and Minho reached the ground floor of the building Sulli is staying at.

 “Before we go up.” said Sulli. “There are things you need to know.”

Minho’s brows furrowed.

“I… am not a tidy person. My mom gets totally mad when she enters my house.” Said Sulli. “It looks like a lion den.”

“You’re saying you’re a dirty person.” Said Minho.

Dirty person? That’s too harsh.

“Umm… I’m not a dirty person! Well, my house is not as tidy as yours.” Said Sulli. “Be warned. Enter at your own risk.”

Minho smirked.

“I’m ready to enter your den, Ms. Lion.” Said Minho.

“What?” Sulli rolled her eyes.

This guy has a bad habit of irritating her.

“Oh, by the way.” Said Sulli. “I don’t have anything in my fridge so we don’t have anything for dinner.”

“It’s all right.” Said Minho. Minho turned to his right. “I saw a supermarket in that corner.”

“Yeah, there’s a small one there.” Said Sulli.

“I’ll buy something for us. You landed me a job so I’ll cook for us tonight.” Said Minho.

“You… will?” Sulli’s eyes lit up like small flames appearing on her eyeballs.

“You seemed pleased with my suggestion.” Said Minho.

“Oh…” Sulli looked away, embarrassed. “I am actually really tired so… I don’t want to eat out. I just want to go home and rest.”

Minho smiled.

“You had fever yesterday. And I’m guessing you still don’t feel perfectly yourself up to now. Just go to your house. I can go to the supermarket on my own. Just tell me your House unit and I’ll be there in a while.” Said Minho.

“Are you sure?” asked Sulli.

“Yeah.” Said Minho. “Not a problem with me. I live alone in the suburb right? I’m used to grocery shopping.”

“Hmm… umm…well…ok.” Said Sulli.

“Is there anything you need?” asked Minho. “Aside from food?”

“Hmm…” Sullil tried to think. “Oh, some tissue papers. I forgot to buy one the last time. And also some… apples.”

“I said things aside from food.” Said Minho.

“I had to specifically say that.” Said Sulli. “I’m craving for apples right now.”

Minho smirked.

“All right. I’ll buy some apples.”

And then Minho walked on. Sulli sighed.

He’s pretty convenient. She almost forgot how it feels to have someone around you who can share the chores with you. And he hasn’t even entered her house yet!

“For once… I feel a burden is lifted off my shoulder.” Said Sulli.

Sulli reached her house. She saw all the mess.

“I did warn him. If he can’t stand this… he can’t live here.” Said Sulli.

Sulli went to her room. She changed into her more comfortable clothes. She just washed her face when the doorbell rang.

“Oh no…” Sulli hit her head lightly. “Why did I wash my face now? He’ll see me without make up. He will see my awful face.”

Sulli sighed. If he’s going to live in this house, he’s going to see her no makeup face for sure.

Sulli opened the door for Minho.

“I bought you apples.” Said Minho

Sulli’s smile widened.

“Really?” Sulli tried to hide her excitement. But Minho saw right through her.

“I’ll slice some for you so that you can have some while I’m cooking.” Said Minho.

“Wow! All right!” said Sulli.

Minho chuckled and then he went straight to the kitchen.

Minho kind of expected the worst.

The result?

He was pleased. The house is not as dirty as his mind imagined.

The things are a bit dusty. There are some used clothes hanging on the sofa. And as with any women, there were hair all over the floor. It seems Sulli did not bother to clean her house before she left for the suburb.

But other than that… her sink was clean, there was no stinky smell and her trash is empty.

“I’d say you’re an average single woman living alone.” Said Minho.

“Huh?” asked Sulli.

“Not too bad.” Said Minho.

“What are you mumbling about?” asked Sulli.

“I said you have a pretty nice kitchen.” Said Minho.

“Yeah, too bad I don’t cook much.” Said Sulli. “I have no time to learn cooking unfortunately.”

Minho sliced Sulli some apple. Sulli watched Minho cook while she was enjoying her delicious and crunchy apple.

“How did you learn to cook?” asked Sulli.

“My mom was a chef.” Said Minho.

“Oh… Wow.” Said Sulli.

“Yeah.” Said Minho.

Sulli didn’t know that. Actually, she doesn’t know anything much about Minho except the small things Ailee said to them. Sulli never was interested in Ailee’s boyfriend so she never asked questions.

But now?

She wanted to know more.

If Minho’s mom is a chef, then what does his father do? Are they both living? How was he growing up?

Sulli shook her thoughts away. Why is she even this curious!

Suli took a peak at the busy Minho. He’s so focused on his cooking. He doesn’t even pay any attention to her.

“What am I overthinking about? This guy doesn’t even see me as a woman. Yes we might’ve had a one night stand but that is just a result of too much alcohol. He even said I’m more of a man. And he… is still in love with my friend. I’m such a joke.” Said Sulli. “I should stop this.”

And then Sulli heard a stomach growl.

It’s not hers. She’s already having a fill of her apple. And then she looked at Minho. Minho has that embarrassed look on his face.

“You… are you hungry?” asked Sulli.

“Umm… my last meal was this morning.” Said Minho.

“Oh…”

He shopped for her, sliced her apples and cooked for her when he’s hungry himself?

Sulli stood up and offered the bowl of apple to Minho.

“You should have some when you’re hungry.” Said Sulli.

“I…” Minho raised both of his hands. He’s stirring the soup on one hand and his other hand is full of flour.

“Oh.”

Now what?

Sulli placed the bowl on the table.

“You still have to eat something.” Said Sulli.

“Feed me then.” Said Minho.

Huh?

“Be my hand. Feed me some apple.” Said Minho.

Does he mean…

Sulli gulped.

She took a slice of apple with her hand. And then she raised her hand towards Minho.

“Umm… here.” Said Sulli.

Minho saw the piece of apple. He smiled. And then he lowered his head as his mouth opened. He took the apple inside, his lips almost touching Sulli’s fingers.

 Sulli held her breath the entire time. 

This situation is just… weird… It feels weird. It makes her heart beat so fast and makes her feel like her cheeks are burning. Something didn’t feel right on her legs too.

She must be…

Sulli sighed. A man’s lips barely touching a woman’s finger should not make one feel ‘the heat’ isn’t it?

But why is she feeling this way?

“Hmm… it’s sweet. I chose well.” Said Minho. “The apple is good.”

“Yeah.” Sulli whispered.

Sulli wanted to fan herself with her hands but that would be too obvious.

“One more please.” Said Minho.

Oh… one more?

Is he serious?

Minho’s stomach growled again.

Yeah… he’s serious.

Sulli took another slice. This time, her hands felt shaking as she reached towards Minho.

Minho lowered his head again. But this time, as he took the apple inside his mouth, his lips touched Su

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter