Lee's Book

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

**There's a bit of creative juice left so I took advantage! :D From here on, things are going to be fast!

 

 

CH 21

 

Minho cooks, Sulli washes the dishes. That’s the order of things that Minho and Sulli silently agreed upon.

Sulli kept smiling while cleaning the plates. Their sweet moment earlier is still fresh on her mind. It made her giddy as flashes of scenes from earlier clouded her vision.

And then she felt arms going around her waist from behind her. She felt warm breath by her ear.

“How long is washing dishes going to take? I already miss you.” Said Minho.

The heat of Minho’s words on Sulli’s ear made Sulli feel like a jelly.

Sulli giggled nervously.

“We have not separated since this afternoon.” Said Sulli.

“I know but… when I’m not close to you I feel… cold.” Said Minho.

Sulli faced Minho. They were so close Minho’s body was literally leaning on Sulli’s. Sulli’s breath was caught on . She could feel Minho’s hard and muscled chest against her chest.

“Umm…” she couldn’t talk. They were just soo… so close. “Well…umm…”

Suddenly, she lost her words. She couldn’t think.

“House.” Said Sulli. It was the first thing that entered her mind.  “Where do you live now?”

Minho smiled. Sulli is changing the topic so suddenly.

“A few blocks from here.” Said Minho.

“Just… just a few blocks away?” Sulli is surprised!

Minho nodded.

“I told you I don’t like it when we’re apart right?” said Minho.

“You… stayed around?” asked Sulli.

“I… tried to keep watch as much as I can.” Said Minho.

Sulli was so touched beyond words. Minho… tried to stay near her.

“I would have a taken a unit on this same building but… I can’t have you see me… I was decided to push you away until you hate me.” Said Minho. “But we both know I ended up failing. I realized I can’t bear you hating me.”

Sulli smiled.

“I can’t bear hating you too.” Said Sulli. “When all I know is to love you.”

Minho sighed as he let his hands fall on Sulli’s back pulling her tighter to him.

“Um… that sounded cheesy. Umm..I want to know where you live.” Said Sulli, trying to ignore Minho’s hands.

“Do you want to go visit?” asked Minho

“Can I? I am curious.” Said Sulli.

“Now?” asked Minho.

“Umm… now?” asked Sulli. “Well… it isn’t so late yet so maybe I can go visit.”

Minho’s smile slowly faded. And then his stare slowly changed.

“You are asking to go to my house… will you spend the night there with me?” asked Minho.

“Huh?”

Wait a minute…

What does he mean spend the night…

Sulli’s eyes widened.

Oh no!

Oh no!

Stupid Sulli! She’s already mid-twenties and yet she still gets too innocent sometimes!

“That… umm…” Sulli moved away from Minho a little. “That’s not what I meant. I just… I just mean…”

“Aren’t we finally going to continue what we started during that night of drunkeness?” asked Minho pulling Sulli back to his tight hold.

That night of drunkenness? Why is he bringing this up now at this… very heated moment?

“That night… didn’t we… enjoy our time together?” asked Minho, a mischievous smile on his lips.

Here he goes again.

That night… they almost did it. Sulli blushed at the thought. They kissed, touched and even went ahead until Minho saw all of her… everything!

Oh no… Did he see everything that night? This is so embarrassing.

Sulli hid her face with her palms.

Sulli heard Minho’s chuckle. Is he laughing at her?

“So I’m right then?” said Minho. “You remember everything.”

“I wasn’t acting like I didn’t. I really forgot about that night for some time…” defended Sulli. “And then eventually I don’t know why but… the memories of that night came back.” Said Sulli. “This is so embarrassing.”

Minho pulled Sulli’s hands away from her face.

“What is embarrassing about it?” asked Minho.

“I… shouldn’t have done what I did that night. It was all my fault… I…” Sulli took a deep breath. “I am an insensitive person.”

“No. Not insensitive, Sulli. It’s just that you don’t know that you can seduce a man with your simple words and actions.” Said Minho.

Sulli gulped.

“That night… I seduced you?” asked Sulli.

“You unintentionally did.” Said Minho.

“Oh…” said Sulli. “I… didn’t know… I’m sorry.”

That night… She seduced him. And he was just a man, even with a broken heart, he was weak when a woman seduces him affront.

“What part of what I did… seduced you?” asked Sulli.

Minho sighed.

“At first I was touched that you were willing to comfort me even when you didn’t really have to. The way you comforted me… it felt warm…” said Minho. “And I guess I started paying  attention to you then.”

The way they embraced when Sulli accidentally fell on Minho’s lap was so comforting, it was enough to make Minho’s locked up emotions go.

“Oh… and then?” asked Sulli.

“And then you wanted ice cream.” Said Minho. “And you know how to best experience ice cream.”

Sulli’s eyes widened.

“Did my finger eating habit… seduced you?” asked Sulli, shocked.

“That.” Said Minho. “Among other things.”

Sulli bit her lip.

“I have to be careful.” Said Sulli.

“I agree.” said Minho. “You can’t do that in front of any man except me.”

“Oh no! I can’t do that with you too.” Said Sulli.

Minho’s brows furrowed.

“Why not?” asked Minho.

“I can’t… seduce you” said Sulli.

“Why not?” asked Minho.

Sulli was silent for a while. Minho couldn’t read her mind.

Minho touched Sulli’s face. He felt Sulli’s chill. She suddenly became stiff. Minho slowly lowered his hands on his sides.

Minho could see the worry in Sulli’s eyes.

“Sulli…Are you… afraid of me?” asked Minho.

Sulli sighed.

“I’m… afraid of many things. No, not of you Minho… but… of myself.” Said Sulli.

Minho held Sulli’s hand.

“Why would you be afraid?” asked Minho.

“Because…” Sulli closed her eyes. “I want to make it right.”

“Make it right?” asked Minho.

Sulli opened her eyes and nodded.

“The first time… that night of drunkenness… You were heartbroken and I was very drunk. We were both not in our right frame of mind. It was so surreal that every time I remember it… I still feel like it was a dream. But I was full of regret back then. Because Ailee was my best friend. Guilt was eating me up. I… didn’t want that same regret again.” Said Sulli. “Besides…”

Sulli took a deep breath.

“Remember when I told you about my Ex-es?” asked Sulli

Minho nodded.

“I also have regrets that I gave them everything… and yet they still left me.” Said Sulli. “We’re only starting our relationship now, Minho. I think we need to take it slow…. Until I feel secured about myself. Until we’re both ready.”

Minho enveloped Sulli into a tight hug.

“All right.” Said Minho. “I’ll stop teasing. I’ll behave myself… until you’re ready for it.”

Sulli could see the look of defeat in Minho’s eyes.

Sulli touched Minho’s face.

“I’m sorry….” Said Sulli. “Am I disappointing you?”

Minho shook his head.

“I’m disappointed at myself. It has been hard resisting you since that night, Sulli. You don’t know how much torture it was living in this same house with you haunted by the memories of that night… how you felt like in my arms… how your kisses tasted like… how good it felt to kiss you and hold you… It was more torture to watch from afar knowing I may not hold you like this ever again.” Said Minho.

Sulli smiled.

“My teasing frightened you, huh?” asked Minho.

Sulli shook her head.

“I’m not afraid of you, Minho.” Said Sulli. “But let’s take it slow. You… make me nervous when you tease me.”

Minho chuckled.

“Making you nervous is the point of my teasing.” Said Minho.

“You were very successful.” Said Sulli, blushing.

Minho held Sulli’s hand.

“If I promise a kiss at the most, will you go to my house tonight?” asked Minho.

Sulli bit her lip.

“You promise?” asked Sulli.

“No matter how much pain I have to go through resisting the urge  to… umm… touch you more than a kiss, I promise.” Said Minho.

Sulli giggled.

“All right.”

----------------------

Sulli and Minho entered Minho’s house. The style is almost the same as Minho’s house in the suburb. He’s a very consistent person.

“So you live here now.” Said Sulli.

Minho nodded.

“Not with your Dad?” asked Sulli.

“I like the big house but then… it reminds me so much about my Mom. So I… preferred to stay here.” Said Minho.

Sulli and Minho sat on the sofa.

“Your Mom…”

“She left. When I was a bit younger, she left and divorced my Dad. She couldn’t handle the family anymore. So she… left.” Said Minho.

Sulli bit her lip…

So that’s what he meant… her Mom suffered a lot in the hands of Minho’s family until she could no longer bear it.

Minho stood up. He prepared coffee for Sulli.

“This is bigger than my house.” Said Sulli looking around.

“Just a little bigger.” Said Minho. “It’s cleaner though.”

That made Sulli pout.

Minho chuckled.

“You’re making fun of me.” Said Sulli.

“I’m not.” Said Minho.

Sulli pouted even harder.

Minho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter