Secret Room

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

**Hold on to your seats everyone, this chapter is fast and full. Enjoy this second to the last chapter! :D And see you at the last chapter! Thank you for reading! 

 

 

CH 29

 

Oliver reached the place. It took him fifteen years to have the courage to do this. Protecting his wife and his daughter made him hide the truth the past years. But this time… he has to reveal the truth in order to protect what’s important to his one and only daughter…

Her heart… Her love.

Oliver reached the private room inside an exclusive restaurant. He was led to a seat. He waited for close to five minutes before the door opened and the familiar young man and woman entered.

“You… Oliver Choi?” asked Ashley, she looked taller and more matured that her younger carefree self. Right now, she looked almost like her mom.

“I should’ve thought you’d be back now that Lyn Choi is back.” Said Richard. “Aren’t you two a package deal?”

Oliver just smiled.

“It’s good to see you two again. It’s been so long. The last time I saw you was when you two were still in high school.” Said Oliver. 

“Why did you send that letter? Why did you want to meet us?” asked Ashley as if she wanted to leave the place as quickly as possible.

“Please take a seat, Ashley, Richard.” Said Oliver. “There is much to talk about.”

“I am not going to waste my time…” Ashley began speaking.

“I know what you seek.” Interrupted Oliver. “You seek for justice.”

Richard made Ashley stop talking.

“You seek to find out who your parent’s real killer is.” Said Oliver.

Richard and Ashley both looked shocked. They obviously did not expect this topic of conversation.

“Why do you think I switched to Collin’s side fifteen years ago? Why do you think I left with the CEO wife? Do you honestly think it’s just a romantic tale? Do you think I’d have the courage to snatch away the wife of the strong and mighty Collin Choi? Or do you think I would Lyn and the baby Johnny for free?” asked Oliver. “Have you ever wondered what I’d get from these all?”

Richard took a seat.  It took a while but Collin’s strong words made the siblings interested. Ashley sat beside Richard. They were all quiet for a while.

“I went to Collin’s side because I am a witness to a crime that happened fifteen years ago.” Said Oliver. “I left with Lyn Choi because Collin promised to protect my family if I protect his.”

“What crime are you referring to?” asked Richard.

“The crime… of your parent’s death.” Said Oliver.

Ashley’s eyes began to swell as tears fell.

“What… do you know about our parent’s death?” asked Ashley.

Oliver put a folder on the middle of the table. Ashley and Richard started browsing through the papers inside.

“On the night of their death, I saw a man doing something in the car engine of your father’s car. It was weird. But weirder is that, the man is actually somebody I know.” Said Oliver. “The man who did something on your parent’s car engine is one of Ross’ men, someone I often see when I was still working for Gia.”

Richard’s hands clenched into fists.

“I hid myself because I felt something was wrong.” Said Oliver. “And then I saw that man went to hiding when your parents came for their car. When they rode the car away, the man went out of hiding and made a phone call. In a matter of minutes, I saw Ross coming with a bag. He handed the bag to the man. I still remember his words.”

Are you sure the breaks won’t work? Are you sure they’d die tonight? You better be sure. Gia’s been bugging me about them. Those two are being too close to Collin and they’re starting to get the bigger projects. Here. There is more than enough money here and some travel documents. Hide somewhere for fifteen years. Make sure you won’t come back until the law is irrelevant on this matter.

Ashley as shaking as she sobbed. Richard’s hands were shaking while his eyes never left Oliver.

“We’ve been searching for witnesses for so long. Why do you only appear now?” asked Richard. “And how can we trust that you’re telling the truth? What if Collin Choi just asked you to do this?”

“I have some CCTV recordings in that folder. It’s not very clear, but those are the missing CCTV footages that you were looking for after your parent’s death. That is the footage from the parking area. On the night before Lyn and I left, I found the video on Gia’s office. Gia by then still thought my loyalty was with her. I took a copy of the video before leaving and showed it to Collin.” Said Oliver. “Collin was sure Gia and Ross won’t allow me to keep on living with the kind of information I have. Collin was angry. He couldn’t accept the fact that his own sister was killed by his other sister. He wanted to get justice but he can’t push Gia into prison just like that. He… loved both of his sisters. He loved Gia just as he loved your Mom. He was caught in the middle.”

“Why… do you only decide to appear now?” asked Ashley.

“Because I know the next months are my last chance to give you the justice you deserve. And because now I have more confidence that my wife and daughter is secured.” Said Oliver. “With Minho and Collin’s protection, I know they are safer than before.”

Richard and Ashley were both silent for a while.

“If you want to get the culprits punished, we need to act fast. We need to file the case this week. We need to push for a fast process.” Said Oliver.

Richard sighed.

“Are you doing this for Minho?” asked Richard. “You know his situation now in Infinity. Are you doing this to save his face?”

Oliver nodded.

“I don’t need to pretend. My daughter is in love with Minho Choi. What I’m doing now is hitting two birds with one stone. It’s going to help me clear some of my conscience even if I know I have already wasted fifteen valuable years. And also, I can help my daughter lessen her worries over Minho.” Said Oliver. “If I need to testify in order to do something for my daughter… and do something for the two of you, for not immediately giving you your justice… I will do it.”

Ashley stood up.

“Oppa.” Said Ashley. “There is no more time to waste here.”

“Should we trust the man that took justice from us for  fifteen years?” asked Richard.

“No.” said Ashley. “But we owe Minho something… for doing everything we could to destroy his family because we thought they killed our parents. But more than anything… we owe Minho big time…. for betraying him and hurting him too many times because of our hatred. Minho was… your best friend, Oppa. And he was the best cousin I ever had in my life… before Dad and Mom died.”

Ashley stopped talking as she suppressed a sob.

“I still remember the old times and how close we were… things would have been different now if…” Ashley continued.

“If I came out sooner.” Said Oliver. “It is all my fault for lacking in courage. There is no one else to blame but me. I am ready to face the consequences of my actions.”

“It’s too late for regrets. If we dwell on it for long, we’re bound to waste time.” Said Richard.

“What do you plan to do now Mr. Oliver?” asked Ashley.

“I will file the case, whether you want me to or not. But if I’d have your support, then that will make my allegations against Gia and Ross have stronger impact.” Said Oliver.

“Oppa…” Ashley looked at Richard as if begging him to help Oliver.

Richard sighed.

“Very well.” Said Richard. “Prepare the suit. Let’s contact the best lawyers for this case. And also….”

Richard looked straight at Oliver.

“Let’s contact some press people. We want this to be big. We want it to be big enough to impact Infinity.” Said Richard. “This… is the only thing we can do for Minho.”

Oliver smiled.

“But don’t get your hopes too high.” Said Richard. “The stock prices sank to the bottom with Aunt Gia and Uncle Ross’ drama. It’s the lowest stock price in history of Infinity. The suit against Aunt Gia and her husband may help Minho’s image a bit, it can raise the stock price a bit but…. It will not restore the prices back to the level it was before Uncle Collin left the company.”

“I’m sure Minho would appreciate any help at this point.” Said Oliver.

Richard nodded.

“Then let’s make the wheels start turning.” Said Richard.

-----------------

Minho sat in the study room at his parent’s house. He is stressed out. The stock price is at all-time low. And it only took Aunt Gia’s drama to ruin their company like this!

“And I’m only CEO for a week, yet the company is crashing already.” thought Minho. “How will Dad handle this situation if he was still CEO? What is his next course of action?”

Minho remembered all the time when his Dad was able to get through tough times.

“Dad had been through a lot.” Said Minho.

Minho heard a knock on the door and saw his Dad.

“Your Mom wants you to call Sulli. It’s almost dinner and she hasn’t come.” Said Collin.

“She said she’s on her way.” Said Minho. “She’ll be here in a moment.”

Collin nodded.

“All right.” Collin went to the door and stopped.

“Work is tough huh?” asked Collin.

Minho smirked.

“Yeah.”

Collin sighed.

“Dad…” Minho walked towards his father. “Am I really suited for this role? Do you really think I can do this?”

Collin smiled.

“Yes. Of course you can.” Said Collin. “There is not a single doubt on my mind.”

Collin put his hand on Minho’s shoulder.

“Do you think I am superman who had gone through everything like I have super powers?” asked Collin. “Being Infinity’s CEO requires a lot of planning, studying, depending on others and a lot of prayers.”

Collin nodded.

“Yes, there are a lot of things that are beyond our control because we’re only humans. But for everything that’s beyond our control, I let the one in heaven take charge.” Said Collin.

Collin tapped Minho’s arm as he left the room.

“Right… Dad is no superman…. He’s only human like me…” said Minho. “Then that means I still have a chance of making this work.”

Minho walked after his Dad to the dinning room.

“Thanks Dad.” Said Minho.

Collin stopped walking.

“Huh? For what?” asked Collin.

Minho just smiled.

“For everything.”

--------------------

Sulli felt a bit awkward. Although this isn’t the first time she’s having dinner with Lyn and Johnny, it still felt awkward being with Minho’s entire family when she’s really still an outsider.

“So how is it to have a vacation?” asked Collin.

Sulli had been out of office since they returned from Jeju. She has to stay away from people’s eyes, especially now that her Dad is back.

“I’m spending good quality time with my parents.” Said Sulli. “I usually don’t appreciate not being at work. But now that my Dad is back, I love staying with them.”

“She’s a workaholic to the core. But she’s slowly changing.” Said Minho.

“She suits this family very well.” Said Collin.

Everyone laughed except Johnny. He seemed to be uncomfortable.

Even after dinner, Johnny still looked… sullen.

Sulli found him by the stairs later. Is this finally her chance to ask Johnny what’s wrong?

“Hey.” Said Sulli. “Are you ok?”

“Huh?”

“You… seem to be not feeling well.” Said Sulli.

“I… am physically well. But I’m just not happy the way things are going here.” Said Johnny.

“What do you mean?” asked Sulli.

“Quite frankly, I don’t get my brother and my parents. These kinds of moments are for family. We missed a lot of years of bonding together. Why do they need to include you on moments like this?”

Wow… Johnny’s words felt like daggers. He’s brutally frank… very brutal.

Sulli took a moment to answer.

“You’re right.” Said Sulli. “I don’t get them either.”

Sulli stood beside Johnny. Both their backs leaning on the wall.

“I told your brother I shouldn’t come to your family dinners. I know you’re all still trying to catch up with one another.” Said Sulli. “But your brother is too stubborn.”

There was a moment of silence.

“And with what’s happening with the company… I don’t want us to have something to argue about. I want to give him his requests just to help him ease out some of his stress.” Said Sulli. “Minho is going through a lot right now.”

Sulli sighed.

“I just remembered I need to ask Auntie Lyn about Minho’s favorite food recipes when he was young. Maybe that would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter