Ailee's Scandal

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

**Hi Everyone! Merry Christmas! I'm so sorry I wasn't able to update the past what... two weeks? I was so busy with a lot of stuff, plus Christmas is a very busy season not only at work but also on a lot of personal stuff. I'm so glad I can finish this chapter today in time for Christmas! I hope this somehow becomes my treat for you for being such great readers. I haven't gotten time to edit this chapter though so forgive my incorrect spelling and grammar. I'll try to check it later.

 

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

 

 

CH 15

 

Jae Hyun sighed as he walked into the room of the house he grew up in. He had so many memories in this house. Good and bad. He sat down and browsed through the photo albums reminiscing the past. He saw some of his photos in high school. It was the best time of his life. He was a bit popular in school, but far from his popularity today. Nevertheless, it was enough. He wasn’t seeking for fame back then. He only had simple happiness. He just wanted to see his Mom smiling and he just wanted to see the girl he likes every single day. He was satisfied knowing Sulli just lived a few blocks away and he could see her in school. Jae Hyun thought life would never change…. Until his Dad came.

After that… everything was never the same.

Jae Hyun saw a photo of him and Sulli. It was a rare picture. Sulli was shyly standing beside him. Jae Hyun smiled at himself. He was smiling like a fool in the photo while his hand was on Sulli’s shoulder. It was his last birthday with Sulli. It was a day before he learned his Dad wanted him to go to the US to study.

Jae Hyun sighed as regret washed over him.

He turned the pages and saw a group photo of him, Ailee and someone who looked familiar…

Ah right… isn’t this the photo when Ailee’s boyfriend went back to Korea for Ailee’s birthday? Ailee was crazy over her boyfriend. He and Sulli was supposed to have a double date with Ailee and her boyfriend. But Sulli wasn’t able to go. Jae Hyun only met Ailee’s boyfriend back then. He wouldn’t even recognize him if he ever saw him again. But this photo… the guy beside Ailee… it’s Ailee’s boyfriend right? Why does he look so familiar?

His hair is different, even his body built is different… his face is young but this guy…

He looks so much like… Minho Choi!

 ------------------------

Minho woke up later than he wanted. When he went out of his room at 8 in the morning… He went home 2 in the morning earlier due to the overcrowded activities in his schedule. This has been happening for more than a week now, since the day the commercial or Carlito’s went out in public.

Tsk!

Sulli already left. She leaves really early…

He missed her again.

Minho saw several calls on his phone. Changmin had been calling eight times. Something is up.

Minho dialed Changmin’s number.

“Hey.” Said Minho.

“Where are you Minho? We have a problem.” Said Changmin, his voice sounded worried.

“What problem?” asked Minho.

“The enemy of popularity. You’ve been so popular the past week because of the commercial. This is too early to be attacked though.” Said Changmin.

“Attacked?”

“Yes.” Said Changmin. “By a scandal.”

“A scandal?” Minho stood up. “What do you mean?”

“An article was written about Ailee, a singer. The reporter said Ailee met with a secret lover in Jeju, a model who’s currently getting popular. He said they had coinciding schedules at Jeju at that time. In our analysis, there is only one model who fits the reporter’s article…” said Changmin “He did not give the name but… Minho… a lot of people is thinking that it’s you.”

Minho took a deep breath as he clenched his hand.

“Even Carlito’s is alarmed. They called out a meeting with the management to make sure there won’t be a mess.” Said Changmin.

 “I have no idea how to handle situations like this.” Said Minho.

“I know how to handle this, Minho. But give me yoru honest answer because I need to know.” Said Changmin. “Are you Ailee’s lover?”

Minho looked out the window. It is cloudy outside, it seems rain is going to pour.

“No.” said Minho. Not anymore.

Changmin sighed.

“But then…” said Minho. “I would understand why they would suspect me of being her lover.”

Changmin coughed.

“What do you mean?”

“Ailee and I had a past.” Said Minho. “But that was over even before I became a model for Carlito’s.”

“Oh…”

Changmin was silent for a while.

“Then you have to listen to me, Minho. We need to be very careful. Any wrong move will reveal that past. And as of now, we can see a lot of negative comments online whenever your name is brought up. The fans are not receiving it well. My management and Carlito’s is already talking about a preventive step. All you have to do is… keep mum about this for now and of course… umm…say Yes to whatever they ask you to do!”

-------------------

Sulli blinked a few times as her hand started shaking. She’s been reading the magazine article for like three times. And still she can’t believe it! Who is this reporter? Did he disguise himself as a staff in the shoot? How would he know about Ailee and Minho’s meeting inside Minho’s hotel room?

Even a stalker will have a hard time investigating whose room Ailee went to in Jeju.

However… the description of the model is so Minho-like! How did this reporter learn about it?

“You’ve been staring at that same page for the past hour.” Said Jae Hyun.

They were sitting across each other inside a restaurant. They are going to have lunch together before going to Carlito’s headquarters. The executives called for them.

“Oh…it’s nothing.” Said Sulli. “Something just caught my attention.”

Sulli ate very little. And when she excused herself, Jae Hyun pulled the magazine towards him.

“What could be so interesting here?” asked Jae Hyun.

And then he stopped at an article.

“Ailee?” Jae Hyun is a bit surprised. “It’s true then, she’s now finally an official singer. But a scandal this early in her career? Tsk… not good.”

Jae Hyun sighed.

“I wonder how she’s doing nowadays with her rising popularity.” Jae Hyun smiled. “I bet she’s living the life she’s been dreaming of.”

And then Sulli came back to the table. She grabbed the magazine away from Jae Hyun.

“I was only curious.” Said Jae Hyun.

“Oh… I…”

“Were you afraid I’d see the scandal about Ailee?” asked Jae Hyun. “You still try to protect her until now, huh?”

“We’re… still friends.” Said Sulli, relieved that Jae Hyun did not find out the model was Minho.

“I’m surprised about the scandal.” said Jae Hyun. “I thought Ailee has this longtime boyfriend who also went to study abroad for a while?”

Jae Hyun… still remembers that information, huh? Ailee and Jae Hyun were friends in high school, even before Ailee and Sulli became friends. They were in the same class and were also pretty close. It’s no wonder Jae Hyun still remembers about Ailee’s Boyfriend.

“I can’t recall his name anymore though.” Said Jae Hyun.

That’s good. He doesn’t remember everything.

“I wonder… are they still together?”

Sulli held her breath.

“Ummm. You should ask Ailee once you see each other. You two seems to need a lot of catching up.” Said Sulli.

“You sound like they’ve broken up. Ailee was so in love with that guy… So does she indeed have a model lover?” asked Jae Hyun.

Sulli clenched her hands under the table.

“I thought men hate gossips.” Said Sulli. “Besides, these reporters write all the things they want nowadays, even if it’s just a product of their imagination.”

Jae Hyun’s eyes narrowed.

“Well… since you’re close with Ailee, I will treat your answer as the truth!” said Jae Hyun.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter