Siblings

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

**I'm sorry for taking time before updating again. Work was overflowing this week. Couldn't get time to write. :(  And rest is very scarce. I hope the week ahead won't be as hectic. :)

 

CH 22

 

Sulli listened intently at VP Gia’s instructions.

“Jae Hyun is to attend all the meetings I am to attend.” Said Gia. “And since Marketing is one of the biggest group under me, I want to make sure you’re also always present, Ms. Choi. I will need a marketing expert in case the board has any question.”

Sulli nodded.

“All right. I will make sure the meetings are top priority.” Said Sulli.

“It seems we will be working closely from now on, Sulli.” Said Jae Hyun.

Sulli tried to smile.

“Yes…. It seems.” She answered as formally as she can.

“I heard you two worked together in the past for Carlito’s coffee. I hope you can work together well also for Infinity.” Said Gia.

“If there’s anything that’s really commendable about Sulli, it’s her dedication at work.” Said Jae Hyun. “I’m certain she will do everything to make sure she delivers her work well. And I will lend her a hand in doing that.”

Jae Hyun was smiling but Sulli felt irritated and annoyed.

What is this guy up to? What is he planning? Why did he suddenly appear here in Infinity?

“Good.” Said Gia.

Sulli was the first to leave the room and immediately went to the elevator. She has to breathe some fresh air. And she has to talk to Minho soonest. Why was he angry earlier?

What did she do?

Just as the door of the elevator was closing, Jae Hyun entered it.

Great.

Just great.

Sulli doesn’t want any alone time with Jae Hyun.

There was first a few moments of silence. But it didn’t take long for Jae Hyun to speak up.

“I was right.” Said Jae Hyun. “I was right that I’d find you here in Infinity sooner or later.”

Sulli’s eyes narrowed.

“What do you mean?” asked Sulli.

“You have never changed Sulli. No matter how much you say that you’ve already changed… there are things that do not change. Just like before, when you set your heart on someone, you’d do everything to reach that someone.” Said Jae Hyun. “You like that Minho guy right? That’s why I thought that you’d be in Infinity sooner or later. You’d make a way to reach him.”

Sulli felt bothered by Jae Hyun’s words.

“I am not here because I am trying to reach him.” Said Sulli. “I am here because of work. I was offered a good position by your umm… stepmother.”

Jae Hyun smirked.

“How is it? How is it finding out that your ex-boyfriend is a bastard of a rich man?” asked Jae Hyun.

Sulli saw something frightening in Jae Hyun’s eyes…

Deep anger…

“I have met your mom a couple of times before. And I have heard you talk about your Dad in the past too. Your Mom was the sweetest. And back in High school you would get angry with your Dad for always making your Mom sad.” Said Sulli. “But you also always tell me how much you wanted your Dad to see your achievements. You want him to be proud of you. It was like a normal father-son relationship. I have never once thought that your family setup was this complicated.”

Jae Hyun sighed.

Sulli’s mention of the past got Jae Hyun weak. Back then… he could talk to Sulli almost everything about him. He could open up to her…. Except he couldn’t tell her about his family… everyone kept it a secret.  But he was happy back then. He couldn’t remember a happier moment in his life. If he were given a chance to go back to his past, he would go back to high school, his times with Sulli. And that’s what he is trying to do, to go back to that time of happiness… that time with Sulli. If only things weren’t too complicated now.

“Why are you here?” asked Sulli. “Why are you in Infinity, Jae Hyun?”

 “Are you interested? Or are you worried?” asked Jae Hyun.

“Is it really because you want to make your Dad proud? If so… why did you have to go into modelling for the longest time? Why only enter Infinity now?” asked Sulli.

“Because I knew I’d find you here.” Said Jae Hyun. “Didn’t I tell you I want to make it right with you? I will correct everything the way it should, Sulli.”

Sulli sighed.

“And what’s the way it should?” asked Sulli.

Jae Hyun took Sulli’s hand which startled her.

“It should be you and me, Sulli.” Said Jae Hyun. “The way it should. Before things became too painful and complicated between us. I will make you understand me, Sulli. There will come a time when you would listen to me, not just with your hardened heart. You will listen to me, and I will make your heart beat for me again.”

And then the elevator door opened.

Sulli saw Minho. His eyes were narrowing at the sight of Jae Hyun holding her hand.

Oh no!

Sulli pulled her hand away immediately.

Jae Hyun smirked at the sight of Minho. Why does this have to happen? Why was he waitng for the same elevator she and Jae Hyun is using?

Minho entered the elevator with Joo Won.

They were all silent.

Sulli felt her heart beating fast. She’s anxious.

Minho… he wouldn’t be jealous just because of that, right? Did he even notice it?

And besides, that doesn’t mean anything to Sulli. Definitely nothing!

After several floors, Joo Won exited the elevator, but Minho stayed.

“We have a meeting on this floor.” Said Joo Won.

“Go ahead. I’ll be there shortly.” Said Minho.

Joo Won sighed.

“Don’t be too long.” He said before the elevator closed.

Sulli bit her lip. Minho, Jae Hyun and her are left in the elevator.

“I didn’t know we’ll meet again, first in Carlito’s now in Infinity.” Said Minho towards Jae Hyun.

“I didn’t know also.” Said Jae Hyun. “Up until a few weeks ago, I never thought you’re Infinity’s heir. You were just a familiar face to me… someone that reminded me of a high school friend. If I knew who you really are, I would have introduced myself… umm… how should I introduce myself? Should I say, ‘Hi I’m Ahn Jae Hyun, your Uncle Ross’ bastard?’ That would sound funny isn’t it?”

Jae Hyun sounded very cynical.

 “That would sound weird indeed. I would prefer you introduce yourself as Uncle Ross’ son.” Said Minho.

There was a long moment of silence.

“Ms. Choi.” Said Minho.

“Yes Sir!” Sulli answer like a soldier.

“You’re working with VP Gia now.” Said Minho.

“Umm… yes.” Said Sulli.

“Be sure to use your intuition in deciding what’s wrong and what’s right.” Said Minho. “You can’t screw up. As my former manager, you need to excel. People shouldn’t look down on you. That is why, do the best that you can as you always did in the past.”

Sulli gulped. Minho’s words are so formal, a bit too chilly and at the edge.

“I have my eyes on you.” Said Minho.

And then Minho exited on the next floor.

Sulli followed him out.

“You’re really going to follow him?” asked Jae Hyun.

Sulli took a deep breath.

“I am here to find out something important. I won’t let you get in my way Jae Hyun.” Sulli walked on.

Jae Hyun followed her. He grabbed her hand to stop her from further walking.

“Tell me what it is.” Said Jae Hyun. “Maybe I can help.”

Sulli sighed. If he told him what she’s really seeking, will he understand? Back in High school, Jae Hyun seemed to be the person who understood her the best, aside from Ailee of course.

“Remember how you tried to help me find out about my Dad back in high school?” asked Sulli.

“Yeah?” asked Jae Hyun.

“I finally found a chance to know what really happened to him.” Said Sulli. “My Dad used to work for your stepmom, Jae Hyun. That’s why I’m here. I want to know the truth about my Dad.”

Jae Hyun reached for Sulli’s hand.

“That’s great Sulli. That’s great…” Jae Hyun’s eyes started to look overly moist. “I remember how much you wanted to find him and how much we talk about him every day back in high school. I will help you. If I wasn’t able to find out anything about your Dad for you that time, I will not fail this time. I will surely help you find him.”

Sulli felt a tug in her chest. Jae Hyun indeed helped her a lot. He comforted her whenever she missed her Dad. He was there to listen to her repetitive stories of the father she lost. Jae Hyun was… the anchor that made her survive her depression over her Dad’s absence.

But he was also the person who made a depression worse when he left her…

“I don’t think I will need your help.” Said Sulli. “I got this.”

Sulli walked on.

Jae Hyun leaned on the wall. Talking to Sulli is like talking to a wall. Her heart is just so frozen…

“If I can only melt it…”

------------------

Sulli found the record she was looking for. Her Dad worked with several people under VP Gia. One of them is still working in Infinity now!

She needs to meet with that person as soon as possible. The only problem is… he’s already top executive. How can she set an appointment with him?

Sulli sighed as she stared at the door of her room. And then it suddenly opened!

Minho entered it. It made Sulli scream.

“I told you to change the passcode on your door, right?” said Minho.

“huh?”

When did he tell her to change her passcode?

Did he…

Was that dream… real?

Minho sat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter