Fighting for it

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

***Hi Everyone, this update is my New Year gift to you Guys. I am as busy as ever and so I can not commit when I can do updates. Thank you for being patient with me until now. Happy New Year Everyone!

 

 

CH 16

 

After saying all those courageous words to Ailee the other night, Sulli has not made concrete plans how to fight for her feelings for Minho. The news came out this morning. An article was written about Minho saving his manager from the earthquake. This morning, Sulli’s been receiving calls non-stop. She’s been the top search on almost all Korean search engines online. Plus she’s pretty much imprisoned in a conference room with Minho, Changmin and Ms. So, the Carlito’s executive assigned to them. How will she ever have the chance to fight for her feelings when she could not get a time alone with Minho?

Besides… a crucial timing like this in Minho’s career is not the time to tell him about her feelings. It will only distract him.

Sulli sighed. The monitor of her laptop is flooded with carious comments online. There are angry people, happy people and people who just really plainly wanted to have a say on the new scandal.

“We’re getting the response we wanted to get.” Said Ms. So. “It seems the people are receiving the new scandal well.”

“Not everybody is happy, but we really can’t please everyone. What matters is that majority seems to be intrigued and wanted to put a love story behind Minho’s effort to save his manager. We even see some Minho and Sulli shippers…Minho and Sulli… Min…Sull…Minsul Shippers!” said Changmin.

What? Sulli bit her lip. Minsul shippers? Sulli wanted to smile, her insides are playing around in her stomach. But she needs to hold it in for now.

“That’s ridiculous.” Said Minho.

Wh…what did Minho say? Does he hate the idea of them being shipped?

“A loveline between a model and a manager is like an old fashioned love story between a boss and his secretary.”

Sulli gripped the pen on her hand.

If it was only within Minho’s control, he would have stopped that article… he didn’t want Sulli to face this. He wanted to protect her…

Minho closed his eyes as he remembered the call he got from Joowon last night. Joowon was straightforward in his warning.

Uncle is now aware of your actions. You got his attention all right. And for sure, all the other members of the family are also now aware. Therefore, He has asked me to prepare for your return… as soon as possible. Start packing up your bags, Minho. Start settling everything in that coffee company. Uncle needs you. And you know he’s not a patient person. I’m giving you three days to return to the family, Man. I’m giving you three days to make a smooth exit. If you can’t do it, I’d intervene. Uncle has given me the power to do so. Once I get involved, I’d give you an exit, but I can’t promise it would be smooth.

With these scandals one after another… and with Sulli now in the eyes of the world. How can just make an exit? How can he just leave her hanging?

And worse, if this love theory of fans gets to his family’s knowledge, Sulli will be a very easy prey.

“That’s true… the fans thinking are cliché.” Said Sulli. “But love lines like that are classic, they do not go out of season.”

Sulli is blabbering and she knows it. But her chest is aching and she needed to say something.

“Sulli is right, Minho.” Said Ms. So. “That’s why people are intrigued. And they ship you because the love line is familiar and exciting. It’s like a fiction story coming alive through you and Sulli.”

Minho smirked. That sent a bitter cold pain in Sulli’s chest.

Minho is not pleased… that people may think of them as a couple. Just when she’s ready to embrace her feelings… Minho shows her that he’s not interested.

Tsk! Minho sighed. Minho doesn’t like this. He can’t let Sulli be exposed to his family like this.

--------------

Sulli and Minho both seated at the back of the car. They were silent. This was the first time after more than a week that they sat like this together. It felt familiar and yet…

Why does Minho suddenly felt so distant?

“I know you’re not pleased with what’s happening.” Said Sulli finally. “But please bear it for a bit more until the issue subsides.”

Minho noticed Sulli’s hands clasped together tightly on her lap. She was also biting her lip rather too hard.

“Sulli…”

“I… am sorry.” Said Sulli. “I wanted to help that’s why I agreed with the solution they proposed. I wanted to make sure your career is all right, you’re only starting and I didn’t want you to be ruined by that scandal. If you… if it makes you uncomfortable that there’s a love line going around about us, you can stop worrying about it.”

Sulli took a deep breath.

“I’m sure it’ll all just pass after a while.” Said Sulli. “After a few months, everyone will forget about it.”

But not I… Sulli sighed. Why does she need to say these painful words? Why is she covering up her feelings again?

“No… things like this, they don’t disappear totally. After months and months, some people will still talk about it.” Said Minho. “And worse thing is that… some damage it will cause won’t be reversible.”

Is Minho talking about what the love scandal can do to him and Ailee? Is he afraid Ailee will hear of the love line and the Minsul shippers?

“I… will explain everything to Ailee if needed. The truth is, the last time the two of us met…Ailee and I had an argument…But I will tell her the scandal is initiated by the company.”

Minho gripped his hands.

“Stop the car please.” Said Minho.

Huh?

“Did I say anything wrong?” asked Sulli.

Minho went out of the car. Sulli followed him.

“Minho! Hey!”

Minho was walking too fast. Sulli couldn’t catch up. He crossed the street and walked, walked and walked.

Where is he going?

Minho suddenly stopped walking in the middle of the park.

“Why… did you just walk out like that?” Sulliw as catching her breath. “ It’s dangerous. What if people recognized you?” asked Sulli.

“You should be careful yourself.” Said Minho. “I’m no longer the only one under the limelight.”

Sulli sighed.

“Yeah… I know.” Said Sulli. “Look, the entire day you looked angry and irritated. I just… if it’s because of the decisions I took regarding the scandal… If it’s how the people reacted…”

“I don’t understand why you’d do it.” Said Minho. “Are you so dedicated at work that you’d sacrifice even your personal life for this? Do you know what those people, those fans are capable of doing once they learn about you? You think the shippers are what’s bothering me? What of the haters? Do you know what they can do to you?”

Sulli is confused. Is Minho worried that the haters may do something against her?

Is he… worried about her?

“I… know there are consequences of my decision but... I can’t do nothing.” Said Sulli.

Minho’s face is enraged as he walked towards Sulli. Sulli maintained her position, her heart racing, her hands on her chest.

Minho stood not a feet from Sulli as his harsh voice made Sulli’s lips tremble. Why is he so… mad at her?

“Why? At that time, you were no longer my manager. I was no longer your responsibility. My career was no longer yours to worry about. So why do you still need to meddle into my business?” asked Minho.

Meddle?

Into his business…

Right.

She wasn’t Minho’s manager back then. She wasn’t obliged to say yes and yet she did…

Sulli felt that pang in her chest.

“I… couldn’t stop myself.” Said Sulli.

 “Why?” asked Minho grabbing Sulli’s wrist off her chest.

“Why do you have to do it? Don’t tell me it’s because of my career. My career was for Changmin to worry about! You should have just stood firm with the manager re-assignment. I… Sulli I…” Minho’s voice started to sound shaky.

This might be Sulli’s only chance…

“I can’t help…” Sulli took a deep breath. “Worrying about you.”

Minho felt a tug in his chest. This… is what he’s afraid of. He… wanted this, yes in his dreams and deep in his heart he wanted Sulli to care for him like this.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter