Wormhole

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CH 19

 

Sulli was all smiles during the meeting with the Board. Finally, after much delays, the meeting pushed through. Sulli was able to present the marketing status of several products and projects of Elle Perfumery. She was also able to give the plans of the Marketing team for the new Fiscal Year.

“Targeting the Class C population is a big challenge but also a big opportunity. It might just be the answer to Elle’s growth goals.” Said Sulli.

“What do you mean?” asked one of the members of the Board.

“If we target the Class C women of the Korean population, our sales will grow three times.” Said Sulli.

Everyone looked impressed.

Sulli was relieved. She got pretty good response from the members of the board.

“We’ll further discuss your proposal, Miss Choi. We are glad you’re already doing these plans not even a month from the time you assume your role.” Said the CEO. “Good job.”

It was a great feeling. Sulli felt competent and fulfilled to be acknowledged like this. The moment was so uplifting to her morale that Sulli wanted to remember how great it was.

But then…

The moment was fleeting.

She did not expect what happened just a few minutes after the board meeting. The CEO personally asked to meet her in his office to discuss ‘something important’.

Sulli is nervous while seated in front of the CEO. Mr. Seo is a tough man. He is rich and influential. A lot of feedbacks about him were… strict and skeptic.

“I am here to first congratulate you for a good job in the meeting earlier.” Said Mr. Seo.

Sulli smiled.

“Thank you, Sir. I will try harder in the future.” Said Sulli.

It was a good start. Sulli is starting to feel relaxed.

“I have asked for this one-on-one meeting because I want to ask you a favor.” Said Mr. Seo.

Favor? The CEO is asking a favor?

“I am honored that you are asking me. What can I do, Sir?” asked Sulli.

She’s suddenly not too relaxed anymore.

“I want you to abandon your proposal.” Said Mr. Seo. “I don’t want the company to target Class C women.”

Sulli felt confused all of a sudden. The CEO seemed to be supportive earlier in the meeting, so why is he telling her to stop her proposal?

“I don’t think I understand, Sir. Is there a concern or risk  that you think I wasn’t able to cover in my proposal?” asked Sulli.

“Hmm… It is not that I find anything wrong in your proposal, Ms. Choi. But it is more of the timing.” Said the CEO.

“Timing?” asked Sulli.

“Infinity is seriously aiming to acquire Elle. And although their words are flowery and tempting, I do not think it is the right move to let Infinity acquire Elle.” Said the CEO. “Infinity has a very wide range of businesses. It can’t focus on Elle. Elle is bound to fall once Infinity gets hold of this company. I want to protect Elle from Infinity. That is why, we need to delay your proposal until Infinity accepts that it can’t acquire Elle. Pushing back on your proposal is my way of protecting Elle.”

This… is so confusing…

“You want the sales of the company to continue to be as it is… you don’t want the sales to grow because you don’t want Infinity to find more reasons to acquire Elle?” asked Sulli

The CEO nodded.

“You got it, Ms. Choi. Very clever.”

------------------                                               

Sulli stared at her laptop screen. For the past hour, her mind is full of chaotic thoughts! The CEO wants to protect Elle from Infinity, therefore she has to stop her proposal.

But then if that happens…

What will happen to Minho if he doesn’t acquire Elle?

“Boss, we finally got a schedule with Golden Dragon Restaurant owner, Song Hye Kyo.” Said Irene. “She’ll meet you for lunch tomorrow.”

“That’s great.” Said Sulli, her tone a bit low.

“You don’t sound happy.” Said Irene.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I was just… thinking about the meeting earlier. But I am happy that we finally are able to get a schedule with Ms. Song. It will be perfect if we can get her to endorse our new perfume.” Said Sulli.

Irene smiled.

“By the way Boss… can I ask you a question?” asked Irene.

“What?”

“Is it true you worked with Mr. Minho Choi as his manager when he was still a model?” asked Irene.

Sulli sighed. She saw this question coming.

“Yes.”

“We kinda looked at the internet… and we saw some articles about you and Mr. Choi…”

Sulli also expected them to do just that.

“Whatever you’ve read, not all of them are true.” Said Sulli. “People write what they want to believe in.”

“Oh…” said Irene.

“It was just weird how people would put a love theory about you and Mr. Choi isn’t it? Ummm… yeah…So…Boss, you haven’t met any of his family?” asked Irene. “They’re all very good looking people.”

“His family?” asked Sulli.

“Yeah… All of them are good looking and popular for different reasons. My favorite fashion designer, Ashley Choi, for example is Mr. Minho Choi’s cousin.” Said Irene.

“I… I haven’t met anyone from his family.” Said Sulli.

Wow… Minho’s family is just great. Ashely Choi, the fashion designer who is making waves not only in Korea but also abroad is his cousin?!

“Mr. Choi had always been a very private person.” Said Sulli. “So I didn’t meet any of them.”

Irene just nodded.

“All right Boss… I just got curious…”

-----------------------

Sulli entered the restaurant and was led to a table where the beautiful Ms. Song Hye Kyo was waiting. Miss Song is a restaurant chain owner who is also known for her undeniable beauty. She’s the image of a modern, passionate and busy woman of goals and achievement. That is why she’ll be the best endorser of a new perfume Elle is planning to release in the market, The Core.

“Hi.” Greeted Sulli.

Sulli shook hands with Ms. Song. Wow… she’s indeed a beauty. It makes one feel inferior.

“Seeing you now really convinces me that you are perfect for The Core.” Said Sulli.

Ms. Song giggled.

“I didn’t expect you’d go straight to the point.” Said Ms. Song. “You are so much like your CEO.”

“Our CEO? You mean Mr. So?” asked Sulli.

“Yeah, I saw him here. He’s having lunch with Infinity’s Ashley Choi.” Said Ms. Seo.

“Ashley Choi…”

“The popular Fashion designer.” Said Ms. Song.

Hmm… that’s a bit weird. Wasn’t the CEO clear in telling her he doesn’t want Infinity to acquire Elle? So why is he meeting with Infinity’s Ashley Choi?

Sulli’s meeting with Ms. Song was quick. Ms. Song was already decided to be the endorser of the perfume so there wasn’t really a need for any negotiation. But Sulli stayed in the restaurant because she was curious. Minho’s cousin is here…

Sulli looked around the restaurant and found the CEO. She stayed out of his sight but close enough to see how Ashley looks like.

Wow… She looks like a model… She’s tall and beautiful… How can their genes make people in awe?

Ashley Choi… is so much like Minho.

Sulli was going to leave, her curiosity satisfied. But she stopped when she heard Minho’s name.

 “I’m sure Minho would be devastated once he finds out he can’t have Elle.” Said Ashley.

Huh?

“I still don’t get it. What do you have against your cousin, Ashley?” asked the CEO. “Why did you ask me to stop Minho from acquiring Elle?”

Ashley asked the CEO to not let Minho buy Elle? But why? She’s also part of Infinity right?

“Our family is very complicated, Mr. So.” Said Ashley. “Let’s put it this way… Minho might be my cousin by blood, but inside Infinity, he’s my enemy. He’s the biggest threat to what each of our family members want.”

What… does she mean?

“That is why, please do everything to make sure Minho’s mission to acquire Elle is going to end up a failure.  Thank you for your help so far. I will make sure the sports car I promised you is delivered to your door this week.” Said Ashley.

No…wait…

What is happening here?

Is Ashley Choi bribing the CEO to make Minho’s mission in Elle fail?

Sulli quickly walked away. She couldn’t handle the information she just learned. What is the matter with Minho’s family? Why is his cousin planning things to make him fail?

Our family is very complicated…Minho might be my cousin by blood, but inside Infinity, he’s my enemy.

Sulli shook her head.

Minho is in trouble.

------------------

Sulli found herself at the reception area of Infinity Enterprise. Her feet worked on their own. She’s so worried and anxious right now. She just has to warn Minho about Ashley’s plans regarding Elle!

“A month a half? Are you kidding me?” asked Sulli, angrily.

“I’m sorry Mam but… that’s the earliest schedule I can book you with Vice President Minho Choi.” Said the receptionist.

“That’s a very long time for a very urgent matter!” said Sulli, close to hysterical.

How can she wait for a month and a half to warn him?!        

“Miss, I need to talk to him today. It’s very important and very urgent. If I don’t get to talk to him, his acquisitions for Infinity will be in jeopardy.” Said Sulli.

“What’s the matter here?” asked a voice of a woman behind Sulli.

Sulli turned back and saw a lady behind her. She looked like a very rich madam. She has that strict look on her face. With her aura, she looks like she’s a boss. She’s probably in her late forties.

“Vice President Gia.” Said the Receptionist.

Vice President? So she’s indeed a boss.

“What’s the matter here?” asked Ms. Gia.

“Madame, Ms. Sulli here wants to set an appointment with Vice President Minho Choi.” Said the receptionist. “She said it’s very urgent. However, I have already checked with Mr. Choi’s secretary and the next available schedule is not after a month and a half.”

Ms. Gia smiled.

“That’s a pity isn’t it?” said Ms. Gia. “Being an Infinity Vice President really is a very troublesome role. You should just wait, Miss. That’s the best chance you’d get to meet him. That is… if he’s still here after one and a half month.”

That did not sound right.

“I have a very urgent matter to talk to him about.” Said Sulli.

“Hmm… let me see.” Gia looked at Sulli from head to feet. “You’re around mid-twenties, you’re a beautiful young woman, you work in a corporate office handling a couple of people… But you are not here because of your work isn’t it?”

She’s here to warn Minho. Though it doesn’t have anything to do with her role as the Marketing Manager of Elle, Sulli just has to do this.

“What can a beautiful woman like you want to urgently talk to him about? Unless of course you’re…. could you be pregnant?” asked Gia

“What?” Sulli’s eyes widened in shock.

“I assure you, men in our family get women scamming them about pregnancy almost daily. That is why men in our family are now smarter.” Said Gia. “There is no way we’d believe you.”

“Aunt Gia!” called out a voice of a man coming to their direction.

“Joo Won.” Said Gia. “You’re here.”

“Yes.” Said Joo Won. “Uncle Collin was worri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter