Stupid Ex-Boyfriend

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

***Hi Guys, Two of my friends are getting married this weekend and early next week. I am excited for them! :D

It's good news isn't it? I'm even part of both their entourage! haha! I know I shouldn't be sharing this with you since you don't really know my friends. But the reason I needed to share it with you is because ... I will be too busy with these two weddings the next week. I won't be able to write the next chapter until the week after next. So please be patient with me. I will try to write.... if I can. :'(

 

 

 

CH 13

 

Sulli stared at her feet while waiting at the airport. She’s standing by the arrival area waiting for the International Ambassador to arrive. Some of Carlito’s executives were with her. They looked excited to meet the Ambassador. Sulli… is far from excited. She’s anxious.

After six years, this is the first time she’s going to see Jae Hyun again, her first love and first boyfriend. Six years ago, he broke up with her because he needed to study abroad. A few months after he left, Sulli learned he was already in a new relationship with his classmate in a University in the US.

It was excruciatingly painful for someone like her who took all effort to break all her walls and give a chance for love. She tried to make the relationship work no matter what. She didn’t want to lose Jae Hyun. She wants him to stay with her forever. It was part of her dream to have a husband who will stay with her and love her forever. She trusted her heart to him and didn’t leave a single level of shame on herself when she begged him several times to not leave Korea. In the end, she even suggested a long distance relationship just so that Jae Hyun won’t break up with her.

But Jae Hyun still left her. He broke up with her and found a new love soon after.

It took her years to overcome the sadness and pain. Even her second boyfriend did not heal the wound that Jae hyun left her. For her, Jae Hyun is a complicated past. She would rather not see him again.

But fate doesn’t seem to care about her opinion.

“That’s him!” said the executive.

Sulli sighed as she lifted her face and faked a smile.

After six long years, will Jae Hyun still remember her? For him, was their relationship also a relevant part of his past? Or was it just part of his teenage experience growing up? He’s an International model, women would flood his door. It would be safe to assume he won’t remember every woman that ever became intimate with him. And if he does remember her, what will his reaction be when he finds out they’ll be working together? It would most probably be awkward.

Sulli walked after the executives to welcome Jaehyun. She was walking on her way when she saw a woman running towards a man. She hugged him tight and kissed him. It was a romantic airport scene, sort of like those you watch in dramas. But Sulli felt pain instead of happiness. It brought back the memory of seeing Ailee kissing Minho in Jeju.

Sulli sighed.

When will the heartache end? Will it take her another 6 years? It shouldn’t take that long right? She only in actuality loved Minho for a month while she was already in love with Jae Hyun for years even before they became girlfriend boyfriend.

Sulli shook her head. Why is she even analyzing these things when she’s here in the airport for work!

Sulli looked ahead and all eyes were on her.

“Yes?” asked Sulli.

“Miss Sulli, we were introducing Mr. Jay Ahn to you. It seems your mind is elsewhere.” Said the executive.

Sulli looked ahead and saw a very handsome guy. He has a smile on his face as he turned towards her direction. Sulli’s heart started beating fast. He looks more dashing and definitely hotter, but there’s no denying. He’s her ex-boyfriend Ahn Jae Hyun.

“Oh. It’s good to be working with you, Mr. Ahn.” Said Sulli.

Jaehyun looked at her for a few seconds. And then he nodded.

“I’m glad the company has prepared for my visit.” Said Jae Hyun. “Please take care of me while I’m here.”

Sulli nodded.

And then Jae Hyun turned towards the executive as he exchanged chit chats about the flight.

Jae Hyun did not show any sign of familiarity. Did he not recognize her?

That gave Sulli a very deep disappointed feeling. He was able to forget about her in just a few months abroad. Why was she even thinking he’d remember her now?

Right. This is just right. It’s good that he doesn’t remember her. This way, there won’t be any awkwardness. Working together won’t be a problem.

---------------------

Minho sat across his new manager as they discussed the upcoming schedule.

“It’s going to hectic and busy starting tomorrow.” Said Changmin, the new manager.

Changmin seems to be a very knowledgeable fellow. He knows a lot of things in the modeling world. Base on his explanations, he is someone very capable of being a manager.

But then… Minho still felt there was something missing.

Sulli.

It’s different when it was with Sulli.

There is that level of excitement when Sulli is around. Changmin can’t beat that.

Minho sighed.

No matter how different it is though, he has to bear it. He can’t hurt Sulli any further. He has to keep her away from him…

Even if it makes him feel like there was a black hole around him.

“Are you ok?” asked Changmin.

“Huh?”

“You’ve been sighing a lot. Are you not feeling well? Do you think the schedule is too much for you? I will try to negotiate a once a week break for you. It would be hard since we’re expecting your popularity to soar but… I’ll see what I can do.” Said Changmin.

“The schedule is fine.” Said Minho. “There are just some personal issues distracting me. Don’t worry. I’ll handle it. The schedule will proceed as planned.”

Changmin nodded.

“All right then. This afternoon, we’ll be meeting with the International Ambassador. You will be working separately all over Korea to promote Carlito’s. But the company wants the two of you to meet and have photos together.” Said Changmin.

Minho nodded.

“All right.”

“I already called Miss Sulli. She said the ambassador is free at 2PM this afternoon.” Said Changmin.

Minho felt his chest ache at the mention of Sulli’s name.

“Sulli?” asked Minho.

“Yeah, Miss Sulli Choi.” Said Changmin.

Minho’s heart started beating fast.

“My former manager?” asked Minho.

“Yes. Didn’t she tell you? She’s now assigned to manage the activities of the International Ambassador we’re going to meet this afternoon.” Said Changmin.

Why did he suddenly felt alive and excited? He’s probably going to see Sulli this afternoon. Though they still live in the same house, Sulli left earlier this morning. He did not get to see her.

This afternoon, he will.

Wait…what’s happening to him again? He already decided that there needs to be some space between him and Sulli, right?

“I’m going crazy.” Said Minho.

“Huh?”

“Oh, I mean… this is one crazy week, very busy.” Said Minho

“Oh. Yeah. That’s true. It’s crazy.” Changmin just nodded.

-------------------

The executives, Sulli and Jae Hyun had a nice early lunch together. It was Jae Hyun’s welcoming lunch. Jae Hyun was pretty much busy talking with the executives the entire time. Sulli did not even notice him looking at her even once. And she’s not complaining. She likes the peace of mind she has at this moment. She likes the thought that the Jae Hyun in front of her now is no longer the man she loved. He’s Jay Ahn, the International Model.

Ahn Jae Hyun and Jay Ahn are different in a lot of ways. Ahn Jae Hyun is popular among people, being part of the student council, but he’s too shy to acknowledge it. Jay Ahn is totally different. He’s very confident. He knows he’s popular and he knows the people he needs to talk and spend time with. Jae Hyun of the past had really changed a lot into the Jay Ahn of today.

After that, Jae Hyun and Sulli proceeded to a private room inside the restaurant to discuss his schedule.

Sulli sat across Jae Hyun. She opened a folder and handed it to Jae Hyun.

“The schedule is pretty tight.” Said Sulli. “You are only here in Korea for two weeks. Carlito’s is planning to maximize your presence here to make the grand opening a very huge event.”

Jae Hyun nodded as he browsed through the pages.

“You handled the Korean Ambassador for Carlito’s, right?” asked Jae Hyun.

“Yes.”

“What can you say about him?” asked  Jae Hyun.

Jae Hyun looked straight at her. Sulli was taken aback. It was the first time he looked at her after meeting her at the airport earlier.

“Oh…umm…You are talking about Minho Choi isn’t it?” asked Sulli.

“Oh, so that’s his name. So what do you think about Mr. Choi.” asked Jae Hyun.

This is such an on the spot question.

Sulli took a moment to answer.

“I heard from the executive earlier that you were the one who scouted him. It seems you discovered his potential.” Said Jae Hyun.

Sulli took a deep breath. She’s suddenly uncomfortable talking about Minho.

“He’s a café owner in the suburb. His qualifications fit Carlito’s need perfectly.” Said Sulli.

“I wasn’t asking what his credentials are. I was asking for your opinion about him.” Said Jae Hyun. “What made you think he’s a model material?”

Sulli’s eyes thinned.

“Do I really have to say it?” asked Sulli.

Jae Hyun nodded.

Sulli took a deep breath.

“He’s a very handsome man.”

Sulli felt her cheeks burning, this is embarrassing.

“He exudes an aura that makes women around him breathless.” Said Sulli.

Jae Hyun crossed his arms over his chest.

Oh no… did she just admitted that she was breathless when she first saw Minho? Oh no!

Sulli cleared .

“Anyway, you’re meeting him in an hour. You and Mr. Choi will go to the Carlito’s branch that would open tomorrow. There will be some pictorials for both of you.” Said Sulli.

“Aren’t you coming with me?” asked Jae Hyun.

“You have a dinner event to attend to tonight. Your clothes are still with the fashion designer. I need to pick it up.” Said Sulli.

Jae Hyun smirked.

“Call someone else to pick it up.” Said Jae Hyun. “You’re my manager. You’re coming with me.”

Sulli clasped her hand together under the table.

Since she left her role as Minho’s manager, she has not seen him face to face. She was always able to avoid him…

Sulli closed her eyes.

“All right.” Said Sulli. “I want to personally pick it up. But I’ll ask Boss’ help to get someone else to pick your clothes up. That should not be a problem.”

Jae Hyun smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter