Earthquake

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CH 12

 

Sulli walked towards the lobby. She sighed as the familiar tall man’s figure turned to her. The mere sight of him gives her a painful palpitation, coffee not needed. The man slightly nodded acknowledging her presence.

Sulli took a deep breath as she tried to sound casual, the pretense of being her normal self despite breaking inside.

“Have you eaten breakfast?” asked Sulli.

“I was waiting for you.” Answered Minho.

“I am planning to just take the breakfast out with me on the shoot.” Said Sulli. “I should have told you.”

“No, that’s fine.” Said Minho. “I’ll just take mine out too then.”

Sulli nodded and walked towards the restaurant.

Minho clenched his hand.

Since last night’s call with Sulli, Minho knew Sulli is predictably going to be cold towards him. He saw it coming with the tone she had on their last conversation. But right now, she isn’t just being cold. It seems she’s trying to minimize as much time as they could have together. He went to the lobby a little too early this morning just in case Sulli was early. He waited for her so that they could have breakfast together. But she came down just at exactly 8 in the morning. And she’s not going to have her breakfast in the restaurant.

During the shoot, it wasn’t much different. Sulli stayed out of his sight pretty much most of the time. She was literally nowhere to be found during the entire thing and only appeared when the staff was already wrapping up.

“Where did you go?” asked Minho when they’re already packing up their things.

Sulli was putting some of Minho’s stuff inside his bag.

“I just walked around. The director said you’re being taken care of by the staff.” Said Sulli.

Minho suppressed any further reaction. But he’s not happy with how things are going.

“The schedule today is full. You need to have early dinner tonight, around five in the afternoon. At 7, you need to be at an old house where you’ll be doing more photoshoots.” Said Sulli.

“You mean ‘us’ right?” asked Minho.

“Um…yeah. I’ll go with you to the photoshoots.” Said Sulli. “That’s my job.”

Minho’s eyes thinned.

“I meant the early dinner, Sulli.” Said Minho. “We are going to dinner together.”

Sulli’s hand that held a bottle of sunblock stopped at midair.

“I am assuming that since we’re the only ones really acquainted here, you’d be most comfortable to have dinner with me.” Said Minho.

Sulli lowered her hand.

“Actually…” Sulli took a deep breath. “I have already scheduled you a dinner with the director. The early dinner I mentioned earlier is a dinner among you, the director and the executive of Carlito’s assigned in this project.”

The wall Sulli built is getting higher and higher.

“It will be beneficial for your career if you’d have some time talking to them.” Said Sulli.

“And you?” asked Minho.

“I am going to have dinner in my room.” Said Sulli. “I want to catch up on some sleep.”

Minho’s brows narrowed.

“You did not sleep last night again?” asked Minho.

“Oh no…I mean, I slept well. It’s just that… anyway it doesn’t matter. I’ll see you in the hotel lobby later.” Sulli zipped Minho’s bag and then she walked away.

Minho grabbed his bag. Until when is Sulli planning to avoid him?

Minho received a call. He answered it.

“I didn’t expect a call from you.” Said Minho.

“Yeah. I wasn’t expecting I’d need to call you too.” said the other line. “But Cousin, you have to hurry up if you want to settle things in the family.”

“What do you mean?” asked Minho.

“Auntie Gea is acting fast.” Said Joo Won. “And Uncle Ram just collapsed an hour ago. He was rushed to the hospital.”

Minho clenched his hands.

“This family is going out of control.” Said Joo Won.

“How’s Dad taking it?” asked Minho.

“He’s far from happy. But you know Uncle Collin. He never shows what he feels.” Said Joo Won. “If you want to show up, show up ASAP. I don’t think Auntie Gea will slow down any minute.”

Minho sighed.

“Just a bit more, Joo Won. My first commercial is set to be released in 3 days.” Said Minho.

“Good.” Said Joo Won. “Stay focus, Minho. Don’t get distracted. It is a very crucial time for the family. Nothing should go wrong. We need to be very careful.”

And then the call ended.

Minho closed his eyes.

Focus.

Joo Won is right.

With all that is happening with Ailee and Sulli… Minho is definitely losing focus.

He has closed it with Ailee. And though his mind says it is really closed, his heart is still fighting the battle.

And then there’s the thing about Sulli.

It makes him confused, angry, irritated and just plainly mad! What is wrong with him?

If Sulli is avoiding him, doesn’t that solve his problem? He told himself he can’t let Sulli get involved in all of these right? But what was he about to do earlier? He waited for her during breakfast and even asked her for dinner… he wanted to…

Spend time with her.

Minho wanted to punch himself. He’s the one eating his own words. He’s the one trying to get her involved in his life.

“I have to stop this. I have to focus.” Whispered Minho.

-------------------

It was an old house. It really looked so old like a strong wind is ready to tear it down.

“Creepy.” Said Sulli.

Minho saw Sulli rubbing her arms. She’s cold.

Minho took his coat off. But as he was going to give Sulli his coat, he stopped himself.

FOCUS.

What was he about to do again?

No, he can’t take care of her. He can’t.

“Let’s start.” Announced the director.

Everything was set for the shoot. Minho was about to step inside the house when some people started making a commotion.

“What’s wrong?” asked Sulli.

“That’s the other group.” said a staff.

“Other group?” asked Sulli.

“There’s another group which is going to have their shoot here in this house tonight.” Said the staff.

“But why? We got the rights to shoot here right?” asked Sulli.

“It seems they got the rights too. It seems we would need to share the place with them.” Said the staff.

A car stopped near them. And then Sulli’s eyes widened. From the car went out Ailee!

“She’s the new singer, Ailee.” Said the staff. “They’re the ones who are insisting to shoot tonight here too.”

Sulli’s eyes instantly went to Minho. It seems he saw the same thing. Minho’s eyes narrowed as he saw Ailee walking towards them.

“Sulli!” Ailee went to hug Sulli. “I’m glad to see you here.”

Sulli didn’t know how to react.

And then Ailee went to Minho.

“And you too… Minho.” Said Ailee.

The entire place suddenly became silent.

“I didn’t know you three knew each other.” Said the director.

“Hi, Mr. Director. Yes, we know each other way back. Sulli and I are high school friends. Minho and I… we go a long long way.” Said Ailee with a very meaningful tone.

Sulli held her breath.  What is Ailee trying to do?

“I’m glad they allowed us to share venue tonight. Some of my staff had already set up our shoot. So… I’ll get inside now, all right. See you there, Minho.” Ailee smiled and then she went inside the house.

Minho’s eyes met Sulli’s.

“Don’t ask me.” Said Sulli. “I knew nothing about this.”

Sulli walked away towards the director’s seat when suddenly the earth seemed to shake. Everything around them shook.

EARTHQUAKE.

Sulli’s eyes widened. It wasn’t the ordinary earthquake. This one is really strong. Sulli looked back at the old house and saw some rocks falling.

“Oh no…”

The lights in the old house went on and off.

Minho’s eyes widened. No… Ailee is suffocated whenever there is a blackout. When there is no light at all, she couldn’t breathe.

Ailee…

Minho rushed inside the house.

“Minho!” shouted Sulli. “Don’t go in there!”

Sulli saw Minho entering the house. And her body acted on its own. Sulli ran after Minho, her heart beating so fast.

Minho looked around and saw some people running out. He kept looking around until he saw Ailee’s familiar shadow in the dark.

“Ailee!” shouted Minho.

“Minho? Minho… help me… I can’t…move. I can’t… breathe.” Said Ailee, she’s crying.

The lights continued to turn on and off. Minho could see Ailee now, She’s just standing in fear.

“Minho!” shouted a woman behind him. Minho turned back and saw Sulli.

“Sulli! Are you out of your mind? What are you doing here?” shouted Minho.

“You are the one who is out of your mind! Let’s go out.” Said Sulli.

“Minho… please help me…” said Ailee.

Sulli just then saw Ailee.

“Ailee…” Sulli felt that pain in her chest squeezing her.

Minho went in for Ailee.

That’s right… Ailee hates the dark…

And then suddenly some parts of the ceiling started to fall.

“Run out Sulli.” Said Minho.

And then he ran towards Ailee. Ailee hugged Minho the instant he was within her reach. She was so frightened, she was shaking.

“It’s going to be fine, Ailee. You’re going to make it out here safe.” Said Minho.

Ailee nodded.

And then Minho faced Sulli. At

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter