Break Up Messager

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Break Up Messager

Chapter 1

 

“This is the last favor I’m going to ask you, Sulli. I promise not to bother you with anything else in the future. I will forever be grateful if you’d do this for me.”

Sulli opened her eyes suddenly from her nap inside the train. She had a dream. No, it wasn’t just a dream, it was a memory.

Sulli sighed. She drifted off to sleep. She was so tired from her days of working overtime that her body just went on to sleep without her permission.

That memory…

She remembered that conversation again like it’s haunting her. It would bother her time and time again. At night, it would invade her few hours of sleep and would keep her awake thinking. It was like poison that carves your insides into frustration.

“Please Sulli. You’re the only one who can do this for me.”

Sulli heard the call for the station. She woke up just in time. If she slept for a minute more, she’ll miss her stop.

Sulli hurried out of the train and was able to get a taxi in no time. She has to do what she came here for. The sooner it’s done, the better. She still has a lot of work to catch up on back in Seoul. She can’t afford using too much time in the suburbs doing favors for friends.

“I need to go to Paraiso Café.” Said Sulli. “I think it’s located near Millenium Hotel.”

The driver’s brows closed together.

“I know Millenium. But I never heard of Paraiso Café.” Said the driver.

“Oh…” said Sulli. “Well… you can just bring me to Millenium.”

She booked a room at a hotel a block away from Millenium, it was cheaper than Millenium but online feedback were great. If Ailee told her the instructions correctly, the café should be a block or two away from Millenium Hotel.

Paraiso Cafe

She has gone there once together with her other two friends and Ailee. It was five years ago. She was going to graduate from college that year. It was a happy day. It was the café opening. Ailee was happy that she could help out in her boyfriend’s dream come true, his very own café.

It was a day to remember. It was the day that Sulli first felt that they have really become adults. Ailee is supporting her boyfriend with the café, Hyorin has decided to take up Masters in Australia, Taeyeon has just gotten engaged with her long time boyfriend and Sulli just got a job offer from the company she is currently working for.

It was a happy day of hope for the future.

What happened to them now…

“We’re here.” Said the driver.

“Oh, right.” Said Sulli.

Sulli alighted the taxi and observed the entrance to the Millenium hotel.

Soon, once she gets more financially stable, she will also try hotels like Millenium. But for now, she has to walk to her cheaper hotel.

Sulli reached the hotel in no time. It was hard to find. She went to her room, checked it out for a few minutes and then she left her things there and went out. She went here for a mission. And she can’t waste time.

As soon as she got out of her hotel, she started searching for Paraiso Café. From what she could remember, it was located at the second floor of a small building. Ailee did say it was near.

Sulli asked around. It was good to know that most people around the area actually knew the café.

Sulli reached the building. It looked familiar. It was indeed the same place she went to before. She climbed the narrow steps. It made her think how chubbier people could go to the café with such a narrow passage way going up.  And then she stopped at the door of the café. She remembered how Ailee welcomed them with all smiles and happiness five years ago. Hyorin and Taeyeon bought Ailee flowers for the café opening. Sulli, being the practical one, bought her an apron.

Sulli’s lips formed a smile as she remembered Ailee’s reaction to her gift. Ailee was surprised and couldn’t help but laugh. She somehow already expected that Sulli will not be the sweet type.

“Are you here for coffee?”

Sulli turned to her right and saw a man.

“Hi.” Said the man.

He’s tall. And he looks like the kind that only appears in movies. He’s handsome, kind of dreamy with the sun light from the window shinning behind him… could he be a model?

If he is a model, she has to get him to sign a contract with their company. She can definitely use him in the future for projects.

“Hi…” said Sulli.

“Are you here for coffee?” asked the man.

“Coffee?” asked Sulli.

“Oh, if not coffee are you here for pastries?” asked the man.

Sulli finally understood the situation. She’s standing by the door of the café!

“Oh, yeah.” Said Sulli. “Coffee. Right.”

Sulli just then notice the man is wearing a white long sleeved shirt rolled up slightly. He has an apron strapped around his waist.

“Do you work here?” asked Sulli.

If he does work here, it would be easier to look for him once she needs him to sign the modeling contract.

“Umm… yeah. I do.” Said the man.

His voice is deep and rich. Just right for TV commercials that has themes that appeal to women audiences. Perfect! She already thought of two companies that are on her table looking for the exact kind of model.

 “Great.” Said Sulli.

Sulli pushed the door open but the man stopped her.

 “Unfortunately, Miss, we’re closed for today.” Said the man.

“Closed for today?” asked Sulli. “But why?”

“We only open Mondays to Wednesdays and then Fridays to Sundays. We’re closed every Thursday.” Said the man.

That’s what the people failed to tell her. Tsk!

“This is bad.” Thought Sulli. Her mission relies on this café.

“I’m actually here more than just for a cup of coffee.” Said Sulli.

“Huh?”

“I am here to look for Mr. Minho Choi.” Said Sulli. “He’s the owner of this café.”

The man’s eyes thinned.

“Why are you looking for him?” asked the man.

“Umm… it’s complicated. I need to talk to him.” Said Sulli.

“About what?” asked the man.

“It’s something that I can’t just freely talk to anyone about.” Said Sulli.

The man looked at Sulli from head to toe. It sent cold shivers down Sulli’s spine making her stand straight up.

That is not respectful especially when it’s a man doing that to a women.

“Excuse me.” Said Sulli.

The man cleared his throat.

“I don’t think Minho Choi has any loan due.” Said the man.

“What?” asked Sulli. “Do I look like a loan collector?”

Sulli needs this man’s cooperation. She can’t just shoo him away right?

“Look, I am not here for loan collection.” Said Sulli. “I just really need to talk to him.”

The man smiled and then he chuckled.

“Who are you?” asked the man. “And why are you looking for me?”

Me?

Did he just say Me?

Oh so…

He’s Minho Choi?

But…. How come? Is he really Minho Choi? Why does her memory of him lack the word handsome and tall? She had only seen him once during the café opening but she should at least remember that he’s good looking, right?

“I…I’m Sulli Choi.” Said Sulli. “I’m Ailee’s friend.”

Minho’s smile faded from his lips.

“I was here when the café opened. We came to greet you and Ailee that day. I don’t know if you remember since that was five years ago.” Said Sulli. “I’m sorry, I barely remember you too so I did not recognize you.”

“You were one of Ailee’s three friends from Seoul.” Said Minho.

“Yeah.” Said Sulli. “Yeah I’m one of the three.”

Minho sighed.

“I’m sorry I did not recognize you. I only saw you once so…”

“It’s all right.” Said Sulli. “no worries.”

“Umm… come in.” said Minho opening the door for Sulli.

“But I thought it’s closed.” Said Sulli.

“Yes it is closed for business. But you aren’t here for business right?” asked Minho.

“Umm… yeah.” Said Sulli.

Does he have an idea why she’s here?

“Besides, I’m going to treat you for a coffee. Your Ailee’s friend right?” Said Minho.

Sulli smiled.

“Thank you.”

Sulli went inside the café. Everything was sophisticated; the ambience was warm but elegant. Almost everything is on the tone of light blue and white which feels like a villa near the beach.

Sulli sat down near the counter while Minho proceeded with making coffee.

“If the store is closed, why do you wear your barista outfit?” asked Sulli.

“Oh this?” asked Minho. “I’m just used to wearing this outfit when I go here. I was supposed to check inventory today, I guess I kinda wore this kind of outfit out of habit.”

Sulli nodded. It suits him.

Ailee did say her boyfriend carries clothes well. She even said it wasn’t hard to choose clothes for him since everything suits him. Sulli sees that now.

“So did you come from Seoul?” asked Minho.

“Yeah.” Answered Sulli.

“Did you travel by train?” asked Minho, still busy preparing the coffee.

“Yeah. It was convenient.” Said Sulli. “It only took roughly an hour.”

“That’s pretty fast. Our train system nowadays are efficient.” Said Minho.

“Yeah.” Answered Sulli.

“Which reminds me, I was originally from Seoul and when I got here, I was surprised at how simple the train system was. Seoul’s train system is just… I guess that’s the thing about highly urbanized cities.” Said Minho.

Ailee’s boyfriend knows how to do small talk. He must’ve learned that while being the café owner. Café owners need to entertain customers, right?

After

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter