Richard's Threat

Breakup Messenger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*** Sorry this took a while again. This is my "Happy Sulli Day" treat! Happy Happy Brithday Sulli! ;D

 

CH 25

 

Sulli saw Jae Hyun coming out of Director Ross’ office. Jae Hyun said he will probe his Dad again tonight. Although she already told Jae Hyun to stop getting involved, her curiosity is overwhelming. She needs to know what really happened to her Dad.

“Am I right in assuming you’re here because you want to know what I learned?” asked Jae Hyun.

Sulli looked away.

“I was just passing by…” said Sulli.

“Liar.” Said Jae Hyun. “You don’t need to hide it. Your eyes don’t lie. You’re interested. Maybe not with me yet, but with what I may have learned.”

Sulli sighed.

“I did not learn anything that is confirmed Sulli. My dad only knows rumors too. He has some theories but they remain to be guesses. And I don’t want to confuse you more than you already are. So I won’t tell you anything unless it’s confirmed.” Said Jae Hyun.

“You’re making me curious.” Said Sulli.

Jae Hyun smiled and shuffled Sulli’s hair.

“I will keep making you curious so that you have reason to see me every day.” Said Jae Hyun.

-----------------

Minho wanted to delete that scene in his mind.

He was walking on the hallway of Infinity. He just needed to attend to a last meeting before going to Sulli’s house to see her. But Richard, his cousin who is also Ashley’s older brother, got in the way.

“Good to see you here, cousin.” Said Richard.

“Yeah.” Said Minho. “It’s always good to see family, isn’t it?”

“Of course.” Said Richard.

“I would want to spend more time with a good conversation with an old friend and cousin like you, Richard. Unfortunately, I have a meeting right now.” Said Minho.

“Is it about Elle?” asked Richard.

“Yeah.” Said Minho. “Didn’t Ashley tell you?”

Richard’s eyes narrowed.

“We learned she talked with the CEO to stop the acquisition. She is now being investigated by the company. It’s considered a betrayal.” Said Minho.

Richard started laughing.

“Yeah. That stupid sister of mine is careless. But let’s face it, in this family, what she did is not even a graver sin that what your father has done.” Said Richard.

“Don’t talk conclusive, Richard.” Said Minho. “You can’t blame everything that happened in the past against my Dad. You might be blaming the wrong person.”

Richard smirked.

“Your Dad is a product of this family. Here in this family, nobody is clean of sin. No one.” Said Richard.

And then Richard’s eyes widened.

  “Now that’s a sight.” Said Richard.

Minho’s eyes narrowed as he turned to see what caught Richard’s attention.

“Isn’t that Aunt Gia’s stepson, Ahn Jae Hyun?” asked Richard.

Minho saw Jae Hyun talking with…

Sulli?

Minho clenched his hand on his side.

“And wow. He’s talking with Miss Cutie.” Said Richard.

Cutie?

“She’s a Hottie.” Said Richard.

Hottie?!

Is he referring to Sulli?

“Can’t believe he’s on his move already. That guy sure is fast.” Said Richard.

And then Jae Hyun shuffled Sulli’s hair.

Minho’s eyes narrowed. His chest is heaving. What is that Jae Hyun guy think he’s doing with Minho’s girl!

“If she wasn’t Oliver Choi’s daughter and I wasn’t engaged with that oil magnate’s daughter, I would have made a move too. Such a sad fate I have.” Said Richard. “Tall, face like an angel and body like a bomb. What man can keep his hands off her?”

Without thinking Minho grabbed Richard’s collar. It startled Richard.

“She’s hands off to you. Or to anybody.” Said Minho.

And then it hit him. Minho suddenly released Richard.

Oh no…

He just…

“You have gotten me confused, cousin.” Said Richard. “You act cool like she’s nobody but it seems there’s more to it than meets the eye.”

“She was my manager when I was modeling. She took care of me a lot.” Said Minho immediately. “We became very close when we worked together in the past. I don’t want anyone to just play around her.”

Richard scoffed.

“Yeah right.”

Richard chuckled as he walked away.

“And oh, Minho.” Said Richard. “I am not as careless as Ashley, you know.”

Minho clenched his jaw.

“I plan my moves very well. And once I set my eye on the goal, I don’t lose the goal.” Said Richard.

Minho’s eyes narrowed.

“Tsk tsk tsk. My my Minho… You were more careless than Ashley.” Richard walked away laughing.

Joo Won tapped Minho’s shoulder.

“Tell me you didn’t just lose yourself in jealousy and made Richard realize you like Sulli.” Said Joo Won.

Minho closed his eyes.

“Where were you when I needed you to stop me?” asked Minho.

“I was of course a second late because I had to make an excuse to the executives why you were running late to join us in the meeting.” Said Joo Won.

Minho punched the wall hard.

“Hey!” Joo Won’s eyes widened. “What are you doing, Man?”

Minho leaned his head on the wall. Joo Won could see the anger in Minho’s shaking arms and stern face.

“I just…put Sulli into more danger.” Said Minho.

“Don’t blame yourself, Minho.” Said Joo Won. “Aunt Gia for sure knew you have a strange connection with Sulli that’s why she hired Sulli for Infinity. Danger is surely going to come Sulli’s way sooner or later.”

“With Richard, it’s going to be more dangerous. We grew up with him. You know Richard.” Said Minho. “There are times when he becomes heartless.”

Joo Won nodded.

“Yeah.” Said Joo Won. “But what’s done is done. You can’t do anything about it anymore. Just make sure you control yourself better in the future, Cousin. And from now on, take precautions around Sulli.”

-------------------------

Sulli went to the office early the next day. She wanted to see Minho, a glimpse is enough. Last night, Minho did not call her nor leave any message. He did not go to her house to see her. And although she didn’t want to talk about her Dad with Minho… she just so wanted to see him and be with him!

Sulli saw Minho’s car arrived. She immediately sent him a message.

“Can you meet me please. It won’t take long. A minute is enough.”

Sulli waited for Minho’s reply. When she heard a message received form her phone, she went to the door while reading the message, excited to see Minho.

“Sorry. Can’t. Rushing to a meeting. -Minho”

Sulli stopped on her tracks.

Her heart sank.

Minho is a very busy man.

He has a meeting first thing in the morning. He must’ve had a late night meeting last night too.

“Stupid Sulli!” whispered Sulli to herself. “Don’t be a burden to him. Don’t bother him unnecessarily.”

Minho is a Boss! He’s a VP! He is probably ten times busier than her.

Sulli sighed as she went to her seat.

“Why do I act childish before thinking? I am no longer a teenager, I’m 25! I shouldn’t act like a girl who just had her first boyfriend seeking his attention.” Said Sulli

But still…

Arggg! This is frustrating!

“I just… miss him.” Whispered Sulli.

Sulli opened her laptop.

She should stop whining.

Sulli browsed through her mails and saw one from VP Gia. Emails from her boss usually goes first, top priority of the day.

“Ms. Choi, There is an awarding ceremony that is going to be held tomorrow night at a formal party. Your team has won a special award and I want you to be there. Details are below. –VP Gia”

An Award for her Team? Wow!

A formal event?

Double Wow!

Sulli felt her heart pumping.

This is exciting!

Now… what can she wear?

Sulli heard a knock on the door.

Jae Hyun opened it.

“Good Morning.” Greeted Jae Hyun.

“Oh Good Morning.” Said Sulli.

Jae Hyun put a cup of coffee on Sulli’s table.

“Are you now my secretary?” asked Sulli.

Jae Hyun chuckled.

“Nope. I’m not your secretary. I am going to be your Prince Charming.” Said Jae Hyun.

“Huh?”

“Don’t look like you think what I said is nonsense.” Said Jae Hyun. “Here.”

Jae Hyun put a box on Sulli’s table.

“What is it?” asked Sulli.

“Open it.” said Jae Hyun.

Sulli opened the box and saw a very beautiful off shoulder white dress.

“Wow… this is very nice.” Said Sulli.

“And it’ll suit you well.” Said Jae Hyun

“Me?”

“Yes, Sulli. I got my stepmom’s email last night. I want you to wear this dress for the awarding.” Said Jae Hyun.

“Oh…I… can’t.” said Sulli.

There is no way it’ll be right for her to accept a gift like this.

“Don’t say No Sulli. My stepmom specifically asked my help to get you a dress. He knew I have good taste on women’s fashion since I came from modeling. Treat this as following VP Gia’s instruction.” Said Jae Hyun. “She is your Boss right?”

-----------------

All the excitement went away as the day went along. Sulli was super busy, but when she got home from work, she felt at the edge.

She so so…

So wanted to see Minho.

Is hearing his voice enough? Can she just call him really quickly?

Sulli dialed on her phone. But Minho did not pick up.

“This is so hard…”

Sulli sent a message.

“Are you coming over?”

But Minho only replied after an hour.

“Still stuck on office matters. Can’t come tonight. Sorry.”

His replies are short recently.

So short they felt so cold.

Sulli’s chest felt like it’s being gripped in pain.

Sulli stood up.

Enough of this loneliness! She is going to take charge!

Sulli took her bag, went out and got a cab going to Minho’s house. When she got to Minho’s door, Sulli waited. She’s sure Minho isn’t home yet. But she wanted to surprise him of her visit once he comes.

“Will he give me the passcode of his door if I ask him?” asked Sulli.

Sulli shook her head. What is happening to her? They’re only starting their relationship and yet she’s already feeling demanding!

Wait a minute… what if Miho comes home very tired? What if her presence burdens him?

Oh no…

Should she hide herself? She just wanted to see him right?

And then Sulli heard Minho’s voice. She quickly went to hide. But stopped when she saw Minho laughing with a beautiful sophisticated woman.

“I had fun during dinner. I didn’t know you had sense of humor. And the songs you sang in the karaoke. I didn’t know you could sing!” said the woman, laughing.

It felt daggers shot through Sulli’s chest.

Minho went out…and had fun in the karaoke with this woman?

But he said he’s busy with office stuff that’s why he couldn’t go see her right? Even when she just wanted to see him very quickly…

“Yeah, it was fun.” Said Minho. “ See you tomorrow.”

And then the woman waved goodbye going to a room just two doors away from Minho.

She’s a neighbor?! Minho went out with a neighbor?

Minho went inside his house. Sulli had no strength suddenly.

What was that about? He said was so busy with work and she believed it. She was even guilty for being a burden to him.

Sulli felt her tears falling.

“I hate this feeling.” Whispered Sulli. “I hate this so much.”

----------------

Minho browsed through the invitation. He sat on the head table of the formal party. He suddenly crumpled the invitation with anger.

“Hey.” Said Joo Won.

“Somebody invited Sulli’s group as an awardee.” Said Minho. “Their group wasn’t in the list given to me yesterday.”

“Can’t you be just thinking too much?” asked Joo Won.

“We both know Richard and Aunt Gia won’t stand doing nothing now that they have a weapon against me.” Said Minho.

“Yeah… that’s true.”

“May we call on stage VP Minho Choi to give the special award tonight.” Said the host.

“Me?” asked Minho. “Nobody told me I will be giving any award.”

“Tsk.” Said Joo Won. “I have bad feeling about this. Be careful up there.”

Minho walked up the stage.

“This is the plaque, Sir.” Said the staff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter