A Day With Dae | Kaepie

Tomboy Review Shop Batch 2
REVIEW PICK UP
FLDf1U4.jpg
 
Date

Story Title: A Day With Dae
Reviewer: loveluyoonalways
Author: kaepie


Mind Over Matter - main story image

FIRST IMPRESSION

How effective was the title?

The title was great. It caught my attention right away and I could sense some fluff just by reading the title. There is a mistake but it's a really, really minor mistake. The word 'with' in the title shouldn't be capitalized. See, it's really minor. No one really minds but it bothers me somehow. Hehehe :3

Poster and BG layout? (Only if you have one. If you don't have one, you will not be assessed on it)

I love the layout in your foreword!!! It's super awesome! No comment for both layout and poster XD (Although I already have commented for layout)

Foreword and description: Did it draw me into wanting to read more?

It's really short and simple, but you manage to prove that "simple is the best." It didn't give out too much information which is a good thing since you don't want your reader to know how the ending will be without even reading the whole story. It really made excited and the 'next' button was like calling me to click it. 

 

STORY

How was the plot laid out?

It's super interesting. I haven't read anything like that before, so it's one in a million, I guess :3

How was the pacing of the story? Was it draggy or was it rushed through? 

It's not rushed. I like how you added some process in it even though they only spent a day together. It's the right lenght for a one-shot ^^

Was the characterization consistent?

Yeah, the characters had the same personality throughout the story but it did change a little bit, like how Youngjae became cheerful or rather clingy (for a short moment, though) from his super sassy attitude. But it's still made sense since people sometimes act differently when they're around someone they don't know well, or when they're embarrassed, or someone they have a crush on.

Was the story flow fluent? Was it choppy or was it smooth?

The story flow was smooth, no comment ^^

How did you organize your events? Was it in order or was it all over the place?

It was neat. I could understand right away when the event happened and what happened that time.

 

How effective was the ending of each chapter? Did it leave me wanting to read more?

The ending was just right and I really hope that you'll make the sequel XD
 

MECHANICS

Grammar and Spelling?

They were just right. But there's one sentence that needs to be changed. 
Original: Hearing slow and lazy footsteps paddle towards the door, it opened slowly, revealing a very sleepy Daehyun...
Correction: The sound of slow and lazy footsteps paddling toward the door could be heard. It opened slowly, revealing a very sleepy Daehyun...

Use of Transition Words? (It helps with the flow from paragraph to paragraph so it doesn't seem choppy)

No comment for it!! :)

How did I like it overall? Further Comments?

I love it! The story was totally awesome, maybe because I really love fluff stories :3 Everything is just right for me. Good job on your story, author-nim :)

 

REMINDER: Do not forget to credit the shop with our banner and the reviewer in your foreword if you are using our review.